Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Odds say if we go to the Superbowl in 2015 - we wont win....

I saw this article the other day. Teams who go thte SB and lose cant make it to the playoffs the next year.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/2...uper-bowl-2015

Quote Originally Posted by sstoner View Post
    I saw this article the other day. Teams who go thte SB and lose cant make it to the playoffs the next year.

They are 100% correct about two things. The pass Defense and the turnover Margin.

I really don't know what the answear is to the Pass D. Champ will be another year older and another step slower, we all know that. But you just cannot revamp the whole thing and bring ALL new players in, then it will be like rebuilding and the D will suffer even more.

I just think it's time these players start playing up to their potential, and their big contracts, no other explaination neccassary.

I would be willing to lay 100$ on Denver Winning the Division, winning at least 12 games, and at least making it to the AFC CCG.
    oh YEAH?

If the Broncos get to the Super Bowl in 2015, the chances of winning are 50-50. They got the wrong 50 this year. Maybe next year they'll get the right one.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Well the odds also said we would do good against the Hawks, oh well so much for the odds.

Yeah, Ravens won it the last year...they didnt make the playoffs this year.

So I say the winner is less likely to make it again, not the loser.

I still say we make it back and our team actually shows up. Not just gets owned. (especially if we have rahim, vick, wolfe, von, harris and clady playing) You know...our best players.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

IMO we will go 10-6 next season based on our schedule. NFC West is going to be tough and I doubt we win all six divisional games. IMO, we go 4-2, dropping away games to KC and SD. We also have NE away again. Still might be enough to win the division but unless the D shows major improvement, we are going to find it tough to get back to a 13-3 record.
    [URL]www.nrlhub.com[/URL] NRL HUB

What's happened before doesn't determine what happens next. There isn't a law, set of rules, or magic spell that determines a team can't get back if they got there the year before. That's basically inductive reasoning, only much more flawed even than that.

Quote Originally Posted by legend View Post
    IMO we will go 10-6 next season based on our schedule. NFC West is going to be tough and I doubt we win all six divisional games. IMO, we go 4-2, dropping away games to KC and SD. We also have NE away again. Still might be enough to win the division but unless the D shows major improvement, we are going to find it tough to get back to a 13-3 record.
    Denver is the toughest part of those teams' schedule. In the regular season, I have no qualms picking Denver to go 4-0 against the NFC West. There's also no guarantees any of those teams will be as good (as a lot of players are going to get contracts, or plucked in free agency).

There are few guarantees in football, but one of the closest is Manning getting a team 12 wins. Keep in mind how Denver played against Kansas City and San Diego without half of it's starting defense and Ryan Clady. Welker and JT also missed one of two games against each team.
    Last edited by Doogansquest; 02-27-2014 at 05:36 PM.

Odds are firmly against it, but.

We will get back Clady, Rahim, Wolfe, Vickerson, Miller, Harris, 5-6 starters along with two promising young players in Quantarus/McCray.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

The schedule looks pretty brutal though.

Odds say no but the odds are meaningless. Odds are tough because its just plain difficult to make it to the SB every year. One thing i will garauntee is Peyton will get us to the playoffs. The question is what we do once we get there. I see us being 3 or 4 seed.
    Most hated Teams - Patriots then Raiders then Chargers

You have to be in it, to win it!
    We have a 2 year window!

We gotta put that game behind us, We are definitely better than that! We are gonna be good for awhile, we have a good team, experienced coaching staff and great management and ownership!

Quote Originally Posted by sstoner View Post

A few facts (using the larger sample of data):

- Not sure what you mean by "can't make it to the playoffs next year".......according to this, only 29.2% did not make it to the playoffs after losing the SB. That means 70.8% did. That's not bad given that only 37.5% (12) of all 32 teams make it to the playoffs each season.
    - And even though the stats aren't great, 14.6% returned to the SB. Not too great, but the chances of each AFC/NFC team of making it to the dance is 6.25%, so a SB loser has more than twice the chance of returning than does any team in general.
    - Not sure what the comparative stats are for teams that win the SB over the same period, but it might be interesting. (Sorry if I missed it in the article). My gut tells me it is harder to repeat (as champions), because some players forget how hard it was in the first place and do not quite put in the same overall effort, PLUS too many things have to go right to win it all.....which usually translates to player health/last minute plays/good bounces & calls. Also, teams are gunning for you each and every week of the following season.
    - The facts are, we start all over each season, and we have a great team already, therefore our chances are as good as most.....to not only make the playoffs but to get back to the SB.

Statistical probabilities get tiresome for me. Attempting to predict the future through quantification, especially with football, seems like a waste of time.

IMO the only relevant questions are: will the Broncos be a better football team in 2014; and, how will they do during the season and the playoffs?

That is all.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

That's called trivia. The odds are against any one single team winning the Super Bowl next year.

Quote Originally Posted by legend View Post
    I remember seeing these same exact predictions after seeing last years schedule as well