thanks bud

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    thanks bud
    No problem, I only wish that I could do more
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    No problem, I only wish that I could do more
    i know that feeling.

im going to stay at her place for awhile but i cant be with her 24/7. the police told me they had a bloke they arrested a few weeks ago who was exactly like my gf.

he went to court, got off with a caution (like she will), went home and killed himself. this will end the same way unless i can do something

Heartbreaking Bronx and such a strain on yourself as well.
    I pray things work out and she gets the help she needs.

Adopted Bronco - Emmanuel Sanders

Do you guys get much sunlight there? Some people struggle coping with life when they experience prolonged periods of time without sunlight. It's one of the reasons I would probably never live in Seattle or Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Do you guys get much sunlight there? Some people struggle coping with life when they experience prolonged periods of time without sunlight. It's one of the reasons I would probably never live in Seattle or Alaska.
    You know that could definitely be a factor. These past couple of weeks the sunshine and fantastic weather have absolutely made my days great (sunshine + perfect 65 degrees). I feel like a new person now compared to when I had to wake up when it was pitch black outside when it was 9 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Lack of UV exposure doesn't manifest itself in this violent manner.
    Rogue Colts Fan

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I found out a few weeks ago that my gf of 9 months suffers from depression.

She can be fine most of the year but she'll have a month or 2 where she goes off the rails.

She has a good life and a really promising nursing career which she enjoys but this is affecting her badly.

3 weeks ago she cut up her arms and legs really badly and I had to get an ambulance round, she spent a few days in hospital. Then she did it a few days later and because it was done with a razor the police got involved and she ended up kicking out at them and had to spend the night in a cell.

Then a week ago she took 42 paracetamols and had to go to hospital. She got released then took a few more and now she has to spend a week with a counselor at a secure unit.

She is the most caring and wonderful girl I have ever met and she say's she has no idea why she gets these urges sometimes and does this but wants to sort it out and try to get on medication.

She also lives alone and seems to have the same routine all the time which I don't think helps. I told her whether she likes it or not I am moving in with her and am going to take charge, I've been far too soft with her and she needs someone to move her life forward.

I think part of it is because she is so caring and feels pressure to please her family and other people she gets in a bad way.
    You seem to attribute this to environment, but don't discount the possibility of a bi-polar disorder. A serious condition, but one that can be helped with medication. I would suggest a medical evaluation with a physician experienced in this area.

I have a good friend whose daughter has suffered with this for most of her life. The treatment keeps here on track most of the time.

I don't know if your girlfriend has ever been able to relate to someone who has had the same urge to cut, or thoughts about suicide. I hope that she is able to speak to someone who understands, and that she doesn't feel that she is the only one or that the issue is isolated to her.

I do hope things get better soon.

http://www.ulifeline.org/main/page/224/Cutting

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia23 View Post
    I don't know if your girlfriend has ever been able to relate to someone who has had the same urge to cut, or thoughts about suicide. I hope that she is able to speak to someone who understands, and that she doesn't feel that she is the only one or that the issue is isolated to her.

I do hope things get better soon.

http://www.ulifeline.org/main/page/224/Cutting
    I just pray that it doesn't turn out like the "O.C."

Yeah, I do. It's an everyday battle. What's even harder is to find someone to put up with the nonsense that comes from it. You can PM me if you would like to talk.

Depression runs in my family. My mom and brother take medicine for it. You can tell when they aren't taking it, thats for sure. I think I might have it at times, somedays I just feel sad/depressed about stuff but usually come out of it later on

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    I just pray that it doesn't turn out like the "O.C."
    What is the "O.C."?

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia23 View Post
    What is the "O.C."?
    It was a television show. At one point they put their daughter in therapy for depression and attempted suicide, and things got worse because she kind of fell for another patient who was a NUTCASE