Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    You might not believe me or think it's stupid, but I know a few people that have the same thing, they started tanning after some research, and it worked.
    Last Fall I had asked my Dermatologist about light therapy thinking the same thing; I was actually wanting to tan in the winter thinking I could get insurance to pay for it-- cause I am clever like that. He said to take Vitamin D, so I started taking it last October and it made a very noticeable difference. I would have rather tanned as I dig the sun, but I will definitely be taking D between setting the clocks.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Well I don't smile anyways, but thanks for caring
    So, you don't crack a smile when you are in a public restroom and someone rips a big one? I crack up every time. I might even clap.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    Last Fall I had asked my Dermatologist about light therapy thinking the same thing; I was actually wanting to tan in the winter thinking I could get insurance to pay for it-- cause I am clever like that. He said to take Vitamin D, so I started taking it last October and it made a very noticeable difference. I would have rather tanned as I dig the sun, but I will definitely be taking D between setting the clocks.
    Having insurance pay for tanning might be the most clever thing I've ever heard of lol.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    So, you don't crack a smile when you are in a public restroom and someone rips a big one? I crack up every time. I might even clap.
    Given the fact that I'm a home-bound quadriplegic for the last 29 years, that'd be a BIG no

In do. Pretty severe at times.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

I have my moments that last few months.

I try to count my blessings.. and focus on the good, the positive. The great people in my life. Also.. I've recently cut WAY back on the drinking. Found at one point I was drinking 4-6 nights a week. Down to once every couple and I feel SO much better!!!!
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Good things to know about vitamin d. I've been taking it for a while now and haven't been depressed for about a year. Other factors influence that to like having a healthy back and a good sleep cycle but i think the vitamin d works.

There's some vitamin based tanning supplement called Tanamins that has vitamins d, e and l-tyrosine (its not one of those bad self tanners) that I've thought about trying because my Irish genes don't allow me to tan at all. I wonder if taking that would help a bit too because it helps your body produce melanin and the d and e vitamins are good for your health.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Good things to know about vitamin d. I've been taking it for a while now and haven't been depressed for about a year. Other factors influence that to like having a healthy back and a good sleep cycle but i think the vitamin d works.

There's some vitamin based tanning supplement called Tanamins that has vitamins d, e and l-tyrosine (its not one of those bad self tanners) that I've thought about trying because my Irish genes don't allow me to tan at all. I wonder if taking that would help a bit too because it helps your body produce melanin and the d and e vitamins are good for your health.
    That's interesting. I never thought about vitamin D being good for depression, but it makes sense as it comes from sun exposure …. I was told a couple years back I was vitamin D deficient so I've been taking a vitamin D supplement since. After reading your comment, I started thinking it's been a long time probably at least a couple years since I struggled with any bad depression …. now I wonder if that's any part of it.

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Antonette Miras View Post
    I have a friend who suffers from depression, didn't knew it until she was confined at the hospital. She stayed at a rehab center i think and was treated for 5 months, after a few weeks of being home she did something alarming that her parents sent her back to rehab for treatment. I didn't have any clue that she was depressed because she looked and acted fine.
    We're good at pretending

I just read this thread for the first time. It's been many months. I hope things have gotten better for your girlfriend, Bronx.

Now, more than ever, I have extra sympathy for those who feel suicidal.
    Completely out of the blue and totally out of character I was hit with an eight day period where I was plagued with suicidal thoughts all day long.
    I am much better now, but still find it upsetting recalling this time.

Adopted Bronco - Emmanuel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Completely out of the blue and totally out of character I was hit with an eight day period where I was plagued with suicidal thoughts all day long.
    Congratulations on feeling better, but nothing will cure me

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    I'm sorry to hear this happened to you, but I'm happy you are doing better now.

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Congratulations on feeling better, but nothing will cure me
    I'm sorry

Quote Originally Posted by SLeeLeeS View Post
    I'm sorry
    Don't be. There's nothing that you or anyone else can really do