Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Franklin upset?

Franklin upset?

Orlando Franklin ‏@OFranklin74 22m
    They say it's business, never personal. Ok well I'm pissed and it just became personal. I'm betting on me, 2014 will be a great yr for me.

Guessing the G talk.

Welp, this is why i didnt want him moving to G, smh.

Dumb move.

If I had a dollar for every athlete that complained on twitter, and then had it misconstrued as football related I'd be a very rich man

Out of the loop. Why is he upset?

They moved him from tackle to guard.

I suspect because when his contract comes up, he will be paid as a guard instead of a tackle...
    Canadian Denver Bronco Fan Club #60

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Orlando Franklin ‏@OFranklin74 22m
    They say it's business, never personal. Ok well I'm pissed and it just became personal. I'm betting on me, 2014 will be a great yr for me.

Guessing the G talk.

Welp, this is why i didnt want him moving to G, smh.

Dumb move.
    Lol its not a dumb move when it could put both Franklin and the entire offense in a better position to succeed. Franklin just doesnt have the agility to get his hands on the more athletic DE/OLB type players in the run game which hurts the offenses ability to move the ball.

Hey, if he doesnt want to do whats best for the team then thats one more big contract we wont have to pay out and will be able to put that money towards more team oriented players that are on the roster who will do anything they are asked to do for the good of the team.

Timing of tweet is odd. Elway discussed this with Franklin's agent 4 days ago, why the tweet an hour ago? Would not make sense to "move" him before we have even drafted or competition has a chance to decide it.

Wonder if there is more to this?

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Timing of tweet is odd. Elway discussed this with Franklin's agent 4 days ago, why the tweet an hour ago? Would not make sense to "move" him before we have even drafted or competition has a chance to decide it.

Wonder if there is more to this?
    we have already acquired and drafted the competition for RT with Justice, Painter, Clark and Harewood. The Writing has been on the wall since last years draft that Franklin would be moving inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Holger_Danske View Post
    I suspect because when his contract comes up, he will be paid as a guard instead of a tackle...
    RT's and OG's make about the same money these days. LT's are the ones that command ridiculous money. In fact in recent years it seems like guards are in higher demand in free agency. Look at the contracts top guards like Vasquez, Levitre, and even Beadles received compared to pro bowl right tackles like Tyson Clabo and Eric Winston.

If Franklin is upset about the move to guard money shouldn't be much of an issue. He'll be paid well either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Den615 View Post
    RT's and OG's make about the same money these days. LT's are the ones that command ridiculous money. In fact in recent years it seems like guards are in higher demand in free agency. Look at the contracts top guards like Vasquez, Levitre, and even Beadles received compared to pro bowl right tackles like Tyson Clabo and Eric Winston.

If Franklin is upset about the move to guard money shouldn't be much of an issue. He'll be paid well either way.
    Thinking about it, he may just be nervous because he has put together 3 solid years at RT that would give him a good sized second contract and with the move to guard he may just be worried he will fail and hurt his chances at a big second contract.

He seems like a flip flopper, first he didnt want to play tackle he wanted to be a guard and now he wants to just be a tackle and not a guard.

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    Thinking about it, he may just be nervous because he has put together 3 solid years at RT that would give him a good sized second contract and with the move to guard he may just be worried he will fail and hurt his chances at a big second contract.

He seems like a flip flopper, first he didnt want to play tackle he wanted to be a guard and now he wants to just be a tackle and not a guard.
    Cant blame him.

He had a bad game in the SB, he's been very good at RT.

Money-wise, it shouldnt affect him at all as said above, but i dont know how he will do at G provided he moves there..

I think from an athlete's perspective many would take it as an insult to change positions while young. He probably takes it as them saying "you weren't good enough here so you're moving". It will likely benefit the team in the end though cause he'll have a chip on his shoulder. Although I'm not sure why he referenced "business" it wasn't a business move unless the Broncos had a 500k bonus to him if he was the starting right tackle and moved him to get out of it (unlikely). Another thought is it could be a reference to some sort of rule change at the NFL Owners Meeting.

Franklin should be in the five along with Clady, Ramirez and Vasquez. Who the fifth will be and at what position remains to be seen. Broncos will draft an O-Lineman or two. We'll see how it plays out. It will be interesting.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Samp, if you could trade Franklin to draft Marcus Martin, would you?

I am assuming two things (guess that makes me twice the A$$ 1) Franklin will now be competing for LG 2) He will not be re-signed due to higher priority and depth at OT.

Would Martin be enough upside at LG and OC to make trading Franklin a viable option? If not would double dipping in round 2 (pick from trade and our 2nd) do it?

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Samp, if you could trade Franklin to draft Marcus Martin, would you?

I am assuming two things (guess that makes me twice the A$$ 1) Franklin will now be competing for LG 2) He will not be re-signed due to higher priority and depth at OT.

Would Martin be enough upside at LG and OC to make trading Franklin a viable option? If not would double dipping in round 2 (pick from trade and our 2nd) do it?
    I don't understand this question. Trading away Franklin would make 2 needs on the Oline, not just 1. Signing Martin would bvring that number down to the original 1 again without fixing any problem.