Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    People who don't see Fuller in the same class as Gilbert and Dennard need to do some reevaluating IMO.

Fuller checks off so many boxes for me.

1. He is a great leader. His teammates looked to him to make plays and he made that defense better with more than just his athletic ability.

2. He is versatile, and has instincts. See the Georgia Tech game, when he absolutely shredded GT's game plan early on, jumping the snap on three plays in the first two drives, to get 3 TFL and a forced fumble to give the Hokies the ball early. Beyond that, GT then had north of five false starts. This could be because they had to change the cadence to avoid Fuller.

3. He is a physically gifted athlete. He is 6', 190, and runs a sub 4.5. Check, check, check.

4. His aggressive and physical nature has two results: big plays for Fuller and big plays for the offense. These plays are created because Fuller bites on some double moves on third level routes. This is a coachable flaw, and does not make me nervous about what he will be three years from now whatsoever. I would rather have an overly aggressive and physical prospect than a soft, bend-but-don't-break corner.
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Honestly if Fuller is there when KC picks, I would trade them our 4th Round Pick(a little less than NFL Trade Value but KC is suppose to need a WR and there will be a very good WR there at 31) and draft Fuller in a heartbeat.

1st Round Pick - Kyle Fuller -CB VTech - will be a great addition to the Secondary
    2nd Round Pick - Karem Martin DE - North Carolina
    3rd Round Pick - Christian Jones - ILB - Florida St

He was a highly recruited player coming out of HS. Committed to Florida. Transferred to Western Kentucky after his freshman year. There are some red flags about character but overall he has a ton of ability. I thought personally he should have stayed in school another year and add weight and strength but all in all he has a lot of special teams ability. He'll have to cut his teeth there if he sticks in this league. I don't see anything higher than late 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    People who don't see Fuller in the same class as Gilbert and Dennard need to do some reevaluating IMO.

Fuller checks off so many boxes for me.

1. He is a great leader. His teammates looked to him to make plays and he made that defense better with more than just his athletic ability.

2. He is versatile, and has instincts. See the Georgia Tech game, when he absolutely shredded GT's game plan early on, jumping the snap on three plays in the first two drives, to get 3 TFL and a forced fumble to give the Hokies the ball early. Beyond that, GT then had north of five false starts. This could be because they had to change the cadence to avoid Fuller.

3. He is a physically gifted athlete. He is 6', 190, and runs a sub 4.5. Check, check, check.

4. His aggressive and physical nature has two results: big plays for Fuller and big plays for the offense. These plays are created because Fuller bites on some double moves on third level routes. This is a coachable flaw, and does not make me nervous about what he will be three years from now whatsoever. I would rather have an overly aggressive and physical prospect than a soft, bend-but-don't-break corner.
    All of which make him a great candidate to move to FS where the action is in front of him. If he bulks up a little, say to 200 lbs, he can use that aggressiveness and range to patrol. Still think he does not look great with his back to the QB. I have him and Jimmie Ward with very similar skills...it will just depend on the system they go in. Both would make very good cover 2 CBs so Minn and TB early in round 2 makes a ton of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    With the draft being so late, teams have had plenty of time to do their homework. We can only hope Broncos have. There is never a sure thing, but great players are in every round.

We all have our favorites. I would love to trade up for a top prospect at CB. I just think there is 2 top CBs then the rest.
    I would disagree.

I dont think there is a huge gap between Dennard/Gilbert and Fuller, Verrett, and the others to trade picks for them.

There is so much depth in this draft, the middle-rounds is where the good stuff is at.

We only have 7 picks, need as many as possible.

If we had 11-12 picks, then sure i can see it but way we are now, nope.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    All of which make him a great candidate to move to FS where the action is in front of him. If he bulks up a little, say to 200 lbs, he can use that aggressiveness and range to patrol. Still think he does not look great with his back to the QB. I have him and Jimmie Ward with very similar skills...it will just depend on the system they go in. Both would make very good cover 2 CBs so Minn and TB early in round 2 makes a ton of sense.
    Fuller isnt falling to the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    I do not think he is a lock for round 1, teams could pass on CB if they like the guys later in draft. In fact, I would not be surprised to see SBJ, McGill, or Phillip Gaines sneak into round one ahead of Fuller. The 1st two are bigger CBs teams may target, Gaines is a much better cover corner in the shutdown mold.

Fuller is a tweener and that could work for or against him.
    Last edited by MHSalute; 04-11-2014 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    I do not think he is a lock for round 1, teams could pass on CB if they like the guys later in draft. In fact, I would not be surprised to see SBJ, McGill, or Phillip Gaines sneak into round one ahead of Fuller. The 1st two are bigger CBs teams may target, Gaines is a much better cover corner in the shutdown mold.

Fuller is a tweener and that could work for or against him.
    Phi, Cle, Cin, SD, NO, Car, SF, as well as Den all need CB's and could take him.

Fuller isnt falling out of the 1st.

I was just reading on nfl.com, I think, that Fullers stock is actually rising and might cause a drop for Dennard. If that actually happens or not, it sounds like good news to me.

Fuller will likely not be there at 31 anyway. It would depend on how the draft shakes out. I like Fuller a lot and I don't think the drop off from Dennard to Fuller is very big. I will say I prefer Dennard, and if he is still on the board at about 24, it would be very tempting to move up. But I'd rather not trade up in this draft and lose a pick.

If Fuller is on the board at 31 I'd be very happy to hear his name called for the Broncos.

I think we definitely need to take somebody at cb in the first 3 rounds. Fuller is a pretty good prospect. Love his tackling ability.

was MileHigh

Quote Originally Posted by swbroncos View Post
    I was just reading on nfl.com, I think, that Fullers stock is actually rising and might cause a drop for Dennard. If that actually happens or not, it sounds like good news to me.
    Seem some talk of it but dont think he'll drop too far.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Yeah he has a small chance of falling to us let alone to the 2nd round

Fuller is a proven player. He covers man-to-man very well, knocking away a lot of passes. He also tackles well and plays a physical game. He's not quite as fast as I would like, but in terms of his skill, consistency and playing style he is as ready to go as any other CB in the draft.