Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel vs DC

Quote Originally Posted by Amari24 View Post
    Carano would've been a horrible choice IMO. There's more to nailing a character than just being well equipped for fight/action scenes. That's why I never understood why people wanted Scott Adkins as Batman. He's a good martial artist and...
    Truly spoken. Carano is not lovely enough and rough around the edges. Diana was a princess possessing various virtues and blessings from the gods including beauty from Aphrodite, wisdom from Athena, etc.

DC is easily better than Marvel IMO. Marvel's heroes are typically more relateable, but I don't want my superheroes to be relateable, I want them to be idealized.

But I also think the 1966 Batman movie is the best Superhero movie of all time, so what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by one5beast View Post
    And with the build, Jaimie really isn't that much bigger than Gal.
    She is faaar more petite than Alexander and very skinny!

Is she that good that they would select someone who needs such a complete physical overhaul?

She better call up Christian Bale and ask him how he went from the Machinist to his Batman Begins audition in a short time!

I agree about Carano not fitting the role.

Sure she is hot and sure she can Woop tail.

But she still just doesn't fit the look to me despite being hot.
    I just don't envision her as Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    She better call up Christian Bale and ask him how he went from the Machinist to his Batman Begins audition in a short time!
    We were actually talking about this at work today with Bale.

It wasn't just Machinist to Batman Begins.

He also lost a ton of weight after Batman Begins to be an anorexic Vietnam POW in Rescue Dawn the year after. Then bulked back up for TDK. Then lost a ton of weight again as a crack addict in Fighter, then bulked up again for TDKR. It's crazy what he put his body through to stay as Batman.

And I agree all listed but Carano are bone skinny. But they look more the part.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    We were actually talking about this at work today with Bale.

It wasn't just Machinist to Batman Begins.

He also lost a ton of weight after Batman Begins to be an anorexic Vietnam POW in Rescue Dawn the year after. Then bulked back up for TDK. Then lost a ton of weight again as a crack addict in Fighter, then bulked up again for TDKR. It's crazy what he put his body through to stay as Batman.

And I agree all listed but Carano are bone skinny. But they look more the part.
    "With Bale"!? Do you work in Hollywood? I knew someone who bumped into him while hiking, but I've never had the honor. I've met Robert Downey Jr., Cameron Diaz, Colin Firth, and Johnny Depp on various sets -I work as an extra on occasion for fun.

Yeah Bale is a metaphorphic freak of nature!

Alexander is certainly no Carano -I'll concede that- but she does have a bit more mass on her frame than Gadot and looks more 'normal' to me:

Of course the "norm" for models has gone increasingly anorexic over the years to extremely unhealthy and emaciated looking figures, so Gadot fits in that scheme of things.

Very poor choice of grammar on my part.

Unfortunately no I have not actually met him.

She is faaar more petite than Alexander and very skinny!

Gadot has been building herself up a bit. she looks way skinnier on those than she does now. Heres a more recent pic.

Gadot has been building herself up a bit. she looks way skinnier on those than she does now. Heres a more recent pic.
    I dont doubt that she's been working out and eating but this pic doesn't tell us very much. One arm pressed against her body (flattening the bicep to increase visual width) and a black dress?

She started shooting her scenes last week -I really think she needed at least 6 more months to a year to prepare-- unless she has Bale's unique metabolism.

This is what she looks like now on the movie set:

http://thisfangirlsperspective.wordp...-diana-prince/
    Last edited by L.M.; 05-22-2014 at 02:53 PM.

Watched days of future past today. Score another for Marvel on the movie side!

It was an extremely good movie IMO, better than 2 or 3 but right on par with First Class.

Captain America: TWS(2014) $680 M 89%
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014) $369+ M 54%
    X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014) TBD
    Time for updates:

Captain America: TWS (2014) $708 M 89%
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014) $676 M 54%
    X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014) $302+ M 91%

X-Men made back it's $200M budget in two days!

RUMOR:

What Warner Bros/DC Comics Is Planning At Comic-Con In July

We know that Warner Bros Pictures is way behind Marvel Studios when it comes to making movies out of its comic book properties. But I have intel on what is coming up at this July’s Comic-Con from the studio. A lot of stuff remains in flux but my sources have so far:

May 2016 – Batman v Superman
    July 2016 – Shazam
    Xmas 2016 – Sandman
    May 2017 – Justice League
    July 2017 – Wonder Woman
    Xmas 2017 – Flash and Green Lantern team-up
    May 2018 – Man Of Steel 2

There had been talk of a Metal Men and Suicide Squad movie for sometime in 2016 but that project fell off the schedule.

Meanwhile, if you were wondering why Batman v Superman was delayed, it wasn’t the script or Ben Affleck or Jesse Eisenberg but with the fact that this pic will act as a launching pad for the Justice League. According to my source, “Like Marvel’s The Avengers, there will be cameos of superheroes for future installments. The cameos will include the already known Cyborg and Flash. Green Lantern [not played by Ryan Reynolds, thank god] may be introduced. And Aquaman will be seen in the Justice League movie. Problem is, Warner Bros Pictures was still negotiating with the actors for those cameos and future roles, meaning major contracts for multiple JL/character films to follow. The studio didn’t want to move forward until they had more of this secure so they held off starting production for a few months. Seemingly simple reason, but the implications are pretty darn huge.”

I read this on Superherohype. Sounds like a plan.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

If they really plan on making a Shazam movie, they better advertise it well, or it'll be 2011 Green Lantern all over again.

And that's a lot of projects to do at once. I'll be shocked if none of these get delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thors Hammer View Post
    The director's cut of Daredevil was better than the theatrical version, and if they took out that stupid teeter totter scene, it might have been a pretty good flick.
    Yes, such a "great" scene. You really feel that an extra 30 min. redeemed it? Maybe I should download that and give it another whirl... I loved Miller Daredevil growing up and I was really disappointed. I felt the entire thing was miscast from top to bottom, and poorly written as they tried hopelessly to cram several classic storylines into one little film. And it didnt have the production value nor release date of the Summer blockbusters -like it was relegated to 2nd class citizen status which I didnt appreciate and that impacted overall quality negatively too. The only memorable scene for me was with Bullseye and the chatty granny next to him on the plane --death by ricocheting peanut!

A DD TV show rebooting from there will be better...it cant be any worse!

And the pseudo-sequel Elektra was even worse. Jennifer G just doesnt do anything for me.
    Yes, the director's cut really made a difference as A LOT of footage got cut. It plays a whole lot smoother and better transition between scenes.

I'm a fan of both DC and Marvel and I love Bat and Supes. But I went back and watched Man of Steel again and even the newer origin movies to Thor and Capt America. Once you got past the oohhhs and ahhs of seeing Man of Steel for the first time, directors cut of Daredevil I thought compared. Colin Farrell is a cool villain.

But whats done is done. Theatrical version was rushed, everyone thinks it sucks and the studio has moved on. Going back and watching it, I think Affleck will be just fine in his new batman role. As long as the plot is good.
    You've got to know when to sack em...