Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Student Exchange

Hi guys I'm planning on going on a student exchange from Australia. I just wanted your opinion on my short list universities
    Texas A&M
    University of South Carolina
    University of Wyoming
    University of California Berkeley.
    Any advice or opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bronc View Post
    Hi guys I'm planning on going on a student exchange from Australia. I just wanted your opinion on my short list universities
    Texas A&M
    University of Wyoming
    I'd like to help, but I'm not sure what you are looking for. Are you interested in hearing our thoughts on the programs, campuses, reputation? Or more about the surrounding locations of each? Or do you just want a general idea of what our thoughts are on each school?

What is your area of study Aussie? I am kinda like Seconds little more info on what you are looking for would help greatly

More about campuses and location rather than programs. I wanted an idea more on the social life of each university.

And I study a dual degree, Bachelor of Business Management/Bachelor of Science.

But any information or opinion will be valued.

Texas A&M- Good Football- Heard of Johnny Manziel and the 12th Man
    University of South Carolina- Nice weather, good football, Nice weather
    University of Wyoming- Football is getting better, but the snow and cold may shock you.
    University of California Berkeley- Pretty awesome as long as the earth doesn't quake.
    The Bronco fan pledge;
    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
    Bronco's Country.

***Adopt a Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.***

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

I doubt Wyoming has much to offer as far as social stuff goes. Also the weather is very non-Aussie.

Cal and A&M would both be very social and the weather would most likely be nice for both of them. SC would probably be the same. I personally would go for Cal #1, A&M #2, SC #3, Wyoming #4 if you're looking for social life and good weather.

I think no matter what you will enjoy it especially if you have an awesome Aussie accent. You will be a hit no matter what.

If I really wanted to go to a social place I'd choose Cali or Texas.

Texas A&M
    University of Wyoming
    I've never been to any of those universities, but I've been to each of the states. Even though SC is my dad's home state, I'd recommend CA. Bay Area. Mountains to the east. Ocean to the west. Redwoods to the north and deserts to the south. You've got the best of the US all in one state.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

I think either A&M or Cal will provide you with the best social experience. Both are good locations weather-wise, and both are close to plenty of things. With A&M you're near Houston and Austin, pretty big party school from what I can tell, and unbelievable football experience.

Cal has a good football program as well, and is pretty well-rounded in all sports. It's pretty close to San Francisco, and right near Wine country if that's your type of thing.

South Carolina wouldn't be far behind, and would have quicker flights to NY, DC, Chicago if you were looking to do any weekend traveling.

I'd agree with the other posters that say Wyoming would by my last choice of the 4. I'd go either A&M or Cal. It would be a very tough decision between the two for me. SC and Wyoming would follow, in that order.

I really liked the A&M campus when i visited there prior to going to college so I would be partial there. Plus they have a great football atmosphere. USC I have heard is gorgeous (Rose Bowl anyone?). I however would ultimately choose Wyoming of the schools you asked about for me personally since I am not a huge fan of the heat or the humidity. (one of the reasons I love Colorado so much!) A&M is the biggest school that you mentioned so if you are looking for a great assortment of people that would be a good bet!

I think you will have fun/enjoy the experience at any of those institutions. Just go with your gut!

Texas A&M
    University of Wyoming
    Best academics are at Cal-Berkeley. The Bay area is a cool place to be socially. Pac-12 football is very good.

Texas A&M is next academically. Very rah rah, ROTC, 12th man college atmosphere. Big XII football is very good.

Don't know anything about academics at South Carolina. Don't know how you would like the social atmosphere of that state. It's not my cup of tea. SEC football is the best.

My daughter loved WYO in every way including academics. If you like the outdoors, hiking, camping, fishing, hunting, it is the best of these. Wyoming Wind Festival is January 1 through December 31, so you won't miss out on that. The Mountain West Conference is varied and interesting from a football point-of-view. I like it and plan to attend all of UNM's home games including Wyoming on November 29.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

This is some interesting stuff guys, I have the first info session about it on wednesday but at the moment I'm leaning towards A&M.

This is some interesting stuff guys, I have the first info session about it on wednesday but at the moment I'm leaning towards A&M.
    The Bronco fan pledge;
    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
    Bronco's Country.

***Adopt a Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.***

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

If you add University of Manitoba to your list, I can help you out!!!

We actually have some great beaches and a ton of lakes.....BUT, it's a wee bit colder. For that matter, there are some really good Universities in Canada, but I digress.

Good luck with your search.
    Last edited by CanDB; 05-04-2014 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    If you add University of Manitoba to your list, I can help you out!!!

We actually have some great beaches and a ton of lakes.....BUT, it's a wee bit colder. For that matter, there are some really good Universities in Canada, but I digress.

Good luck with your search.
    I you'd said this to me in 1987 I would have bitten.

Me and my two best friends, the twins wanted to go to Uni in Canada, but our Teachers and parents dissuaded us.
    Good thing really, seeing as our motives weren't purely academic.
    All three of us were in love with the flash Canadian snooker player, Kirk Stevens and we wanted to hunt him down!