Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 410

Thread: The Flash

  1. #361
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not an Alabama fan
    Posts
    12,572
    Quote Originally Posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    The flash ?

    Should i bother catching up on legends before watching it ( i am midway in season 1 )
    Maybe? I don't watch legends but supposedly they bring some message that Barry left rip hunter in the future. But I have no clue what it means.

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,874
    I'm just going to call it now, even though it seems stupid.

    There's only one character on the show outside of Savitar tonight who calls wally "Wallace" I don't think that's a coincidence even though it's going to be a dumb twist.


  3. #363
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not an Alabama fan
    Posts
    12,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'm just going to call it now, even though it seems stupid.

    There's only one character on the show outside of Savitar tonight who calls wally "Wallace" I don't think that's a coincidence even though it's going to be a dumb twist.
    I'm drawing blanks right now? Is it Welles?

    What I'm struggling with on that theory is that whoever you are referring to has been so on the show on the past two episodes. And last night was all about savitar being trapped in the speed force. And Wally letting him out.

    So if he has been trapped since Xmas how could any of the characters have been on the last couple of episodes?

    I'm not saying you are wrong by any means. But it would be a ton of effort to throw us off by claiming later that he wasn't really trapped all along. Why go through all the effort to make Wally look tainted and responsible for freeing him?
    Last edited by DenverBlood; 03-08-2017 at 06:58 AM.

  4. #364
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,874
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I'm drawing blanks right now? Is it Welles?

    What I'm struggling with on that theory is that whoever you are referring to has been so on the show on the past two episodes. And last night was all about savitar being trapped in the speed force. And Wally letting him out.

    So if he has been trapped since Xmas how could any of the characters have been on the last couple of episodes?

    I'm not saying you are wrong by any means. But it would be a ton of effort to throw us off by claiming later that he wasn't really trapped all along. Why go through all the effort to make Wally look tainted and responsible for freeing him?
    HR always calls him Wallace...I don't think it's HR (though that would follow the established pattern of the show and being betrayed. The enemy always seems to be someone within the group, who knows though. It could be future Barry for all I know)

    I think Savitar might be HR's partner and they came over together.

    Regardless, I don't think it's coincidence that everyone on the show calls him wally, but HR calls him Wallace and suddenly that's how Savitar refers to him.

    This show always enjoys being clever and dropping very subtle hints like that.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 03-08-2017 at 07:58 AM.


  5. #365
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not an Alabama fan
    Posts
    12,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    HR always calls him Wallace...I don't think it's HR (though that would follow the established pattern of the show and being betrayed. The enemy always seems to be someone within the group, who knows though. It could be future Barry for all I know)

    I think Savitar might be HR's partner and they came over together.

    Regardless, I don't think it's coincidence that everyone on the show calls him wally, but HR calls him Wallace and suddenly that's how Savitar refers to him.

    This show always enjoys being clever and dropping very subtle hints like that.
    Yeah I was thinking you meant him because he never would call Cisco Cisco either. Always calls him Ramone.

    I just don't get how he could've been involved in the Grodd saga while being trapped in the speed force. Unless he was never really trapped in the speed force like they thought. And the drama with Wally last night was really to prove that he had control over a dark side of Wally that needed to hash out. And it was just all theatrics.

    Seems like that would also indicate a weakness of savitar to me. As in his speed probably has a limit where Barry seems to always be able to work to improve his speed.

  6. #366
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,874
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Yeah I was thinking you meant him because he never would call Cisco Cisco either. Always calls him Ramone.

    I just don't get how he could've been involved in the Grodd saga while being trapped in the speed force. Unless he was never really trapped in the speed force like they thought. And the drama with Wally last night was really to prove that he had control over a dark side of Wally that needed to hash out. And it was just all theatrics.

    Seems like that would also indicate a weakness of savitar to me. As in his speed probably has a limit where Barry seems to always be able to work to improve his speed.
    If it really is HR (which I'm not really thinking it is) it could be that HR is Savitar from another point in his timestream (before or after he gets trapped) It's not overly difficult to explain it away (much like Wells in season 1 with the speed mirage thing)

    Mainly I think I'd like it to be HR because I HATE Hr and want good old Harry back. Regardless, I think Savitar calling him Wallace rather than Wally was an intentional thing by the producers. Especially with HR working so desperately to push Wally to get faster and faster. There is some connection there, I just don't know what it is yet.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 03-08-2017 at 08:40 AM.


  7. #367
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not an Alabama fan
    Posts
    12,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    If it really is HR (which I'm not really thinking it is) it could be that HR is Savitar from another point in his timestream (before or after he gets trapped) It's not overly difficult to explain it away (much like Wells in season 1 with the speed mirage thing)

    Mainly I think I'd like it to be HR because I HATE Hr and want good old Harry back. Regardless, I think Savitar calling him Wallace rather than Wally was an intentional thing by the producers. Especially with HR working so desperately to push Wally to get faster and faster. There is some connection there, I just don't know what it is yet.
    I get it now. It's the same as Barry having been in the same location twice where one was from the future and the other is our current Barry. I wasn't thinking about that.

  8. #368
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,874
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I get it now. It's the same as Barry having been in the same location twice where one was from the future and the other is our current Barry. I wasn't thinking about that.
    Yep. Because of the time travel elements of the show there are a million ways they could explain it away.


  9. #369
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not an Alabama fan
    Posts
    12,572
    I don't know what's worse, the fact that the CW did a musical on a comic show or the fact that IgN and a majority of the fan comments seem to have loved it.

    I guess musicals just aren't for me but I thought it was basically the worst flash episode in the series to date.

  10. #370
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,874
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I don't know what's worse, the fact that the CW did a musical on a comic show or the fact that IgN and a majority of the fan comments seem to have loved it.

    I guess musicals just aren't for me but I thought it was basically the worst flash episode in the series to date.
    You're crazy, that was a fantastic episode! It was funny, an interesting story and I mean come on, it was all worth it just for the you're my superfriend song


  11. #371
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not an Alabama fan
    Posts
    12,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    You're crazy, that was a fantastic episode! It was funny, an interesting story and I mean come on, it was all worth it just for the you're my superfriend song
    I hated every minute of it and couldn't wait for it to end. Just not a musicals fan and even less in the super hero shows. And it wastes an episode coming down to the wire.

    Most of them are pretty talented singers though. But some you could tell when they couldn't hit notes. Also I was told grant gustin is a good singer and maybe my DVr just got out of sync at the end but I could've sworn that final song was lip synced?

    It's just not my tastes but a lot of people apparently liked it. I just don't get why.

  12. #372
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,874
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I hated every minute of it and couldn't wait for it to end. Just not a musicals fan and even less in the super hero shows. And it wastes an episode coming down to the wire.

    Most of them are pretty talented singers though. But some you could tell when they couldn't hit notes. Also I was told grant gustin is a good singer and maybe my DVr just got out of sync at the end but I could've sworn that final song was lip synced?

    It's just not my tastes but a lot of people apparently liked it. I just don't get why.
    Of course it was lip synced, all of it was

    I wasn't expecting to like it, but it was a lot of fun. as for the "coming down to the wire" part, this show doesn't do filler often, a little every now and then isn't a bad thing even if it later in the season.


  13. #373
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not an Alabama fan
    Posts
    12,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Of course it was lip synced, all of it was

    I wasn't expecting to like it, but it was a lot of fun. as for the "coming down to the wire" part, this show doesn't do filler often, a little every now and then isn't a bad thing even if it later in the season.
    I mean I figured a lot of it was I had just heard that Grant Gustin and the girl who plays super girl wouldn't be because they have singing backgrounds. But I may have heard wrong.

  14. #374
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13,245
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I mean I figured a lot of it was I had just heard that Grant Gustin and the girl who plays super girl wouldn't be because they have singing backgrounds. But I may have heard wrong.
    I think it was because both those characters came from glee which is a musical show so they brought fans who wanted that cross over.

    I'm still behind ended up falling behind on all shows but almost caught up on Flash and Supergirl.

    Adopted posters: Every last poster on the amazing broncos country message board. All of them past and present and future

  15. #375
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,874
    So basically I have ZERO doubt that Ronnie is Savitar.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •