Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewmlb View Post
    B

I think Roby will be a solid No. 2 with the potential of being a #1.

I think the same goes with Latimer, love his upside.

Don't know much about Schofield but I trust Elway.

People are just irked today because there are many names we didn't draft today that WE think would be better but we have no clue.

Anyone who thinks we are going to be able to draft 3-5 immediate impact players drafting at 31 is on crack. We got two guys for sure that should be long term solutions at their respective position.

This.

Drafting as late as the Broncos were, it's incredible that they got one guy (Roby) who could have been a top 15-20 pick, and another guy (Latimer) who some thought could go in the first round. Barrow was a good find, in a draft that wasn't high on linebackers.

The truth is that the Broncos didn't need 7 or 8 guys to compete for starting spots. They got some great players early, and some good projects with upside late.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfield View Post
    D if we had not taken an OC late would have been lower.

While I'm all for building long term, sometimes you have to get those instant starters on day one and two.

I know that the team is stocked with players
    So getting instant starters is hard

But we passed on the best OGs (take your best pick) to fill a hole for the next 13 years if they want to resign the guy.

Same goes for OC. In the second.

Instead we got a nickel (maybe) if not dime CB, and a 4-5 WR. Will not go last those two players other than to say the rest will not be impact players this year or even on the team 3 years from now.

Very underwhelmed.
    The problem here is that you're operating under the assumption that your scouting is better than that of the Denver Broncos. I'm not buying it.

While I'm all for building long term, sometimes you have to get those instant starters on day one and two.

But we passed on the best OGs (take your best pick) to fill a hole for the next 13 years if they want to resign the guy.

Instead we got a nickel (maybe) if not dime CB, and a 4-5 WR. Will not go last those two players other than to say the rest will not be impact players this year or even on the team 3 years from now.

Very underwhelmed.
    If we get Groy in UDFA then I dont mind the issue at G, and I wasnt to impressed with C's in this draft Harrison and Ikard are still available which makes me still wonder why we drafted a C that would have probably fallen off the board if it were a 8-10 round draft. He could be good but ive not seen a single scout even like the kid besides ours.

You do know we picked second-to-last in each round, right? I'm sorry, but Jadaveon Clowney and Greg Robinson shockingly weren't available when it was Denver's turn to pick.

And besides our first-round pick (since Roby likely WILL start at nickel corner as a rookie), what sure-fire "instant starters" did you see who were there at each of the Broncos' picks that would have been better than what we got? In other words, who was a realistic possibility for these right-now "impact players" that you're looking for?

How do you grade this when you haven't even seen any of these players play a single down. Why don't we hold off after this years season. Makes no sense

Quote Originally Posted by Ehveek03 View Post
    How do you grade this when you haven't even seen any of these players play a single down. Why don't we hold off after this years season. Makes no sense
    Funny thing is they were doing same thing on NFL Network giving each team draft grade. We all wont know how this draft class turns out for sure until 2-3 years down the road but we can discuss it now.

All of the top picks besides Schofield were top athletes at their position...all will need to be coached up. I give it a B- but do think our top two guys have a ceiling high enough it could turn out really really well

Quote Originally Posted by Socnorb11 View Post
    The problem here is that you're operating under the assumption that your scouting is better than that of the Denver Broncos. I'm not buying it.
    Buy it or not.

The OG from UCLA was the top rated OG in the draft. They were all there to choose from as NONE of them had been drafted yet. Same applies to OC in the second IIRC.

Instead we got a CB that for the forseeable future is a NICKLE at best and a WR that can not get separation and ends to learn how to run routes. At best a #4-5 guy for the coming years.

Any of the OGs could be a plug and play guy day one and could be the long term guy there easily for 13 years IF they want to resign him after his rookie fifth year contract expired.

Lots if long term POTENTIONAL for Roby but nothing today while mannings clock is ticking.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    All of the top picks besides Schofield were top athletes at their position...all will need to be coached up. I give it a B- but do think our top two guys have a ceiling high enough it could turn out really really well
    Schofield had some good speed actually even if it isnt with a lot of weight. Or the leg power to hold it.

Our ILB was a top athlete and our OLB wasnt so shabby, our C not so much and our last pick had some good speed.

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighInNY View Post
    You do know we picked second-to-last in each round, right? I'm sorry, but Jadaveon Clowney and Greg Robinson shockingly weren't available when it was Denver's turn to pick.

And besides our first-round pick (since Roby likely WILL start at nickel corner as a rookie), what sure-fire "instant starters" did you see who were there at each of the Broncos' picks that would have been better than what we got? In other words, who was a realistic possibility for these right-now "impact players" that you're looking for?
    RIF.

If you took time to read my post you would have seen what I said.

But since you did not.
    " Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan
    I give it a C. I was just very underwhelmed.

Very underwhelmed.
    "

Get it now. We could have had the best
    OG in the draft there are several to choose from IMO. The kid from UCLA wS the best but depending on who was rating them any of the top 2-3 could have started day one.

Plus be there for up to 13 years or more if they like him that long.

In the second there was richburg and Martin

Top two guys.

Instead as I said potential players that may impact in years 2-4.

Sure a NICKLE guy might be on the field but will not be taking on the big guys.

Sorry underwhelmed.

I don't know what people are complaining about. This draft was pretty decent considering their draft position. Frankly, the fans on this site do not have a better idea of what players to draft than the Broncos coaching staff and scouts.

What we do know is that going into the draft the Broncos had weaknesses at the following positions:

1. CB
    2. LB
    3. OG/OT
    4. RB

Aside from RB they acquired at least 1 player at every position of need. Whether these particular players will be good or not -- we don't know that yet! Remember 2011? The draft was all about Von Miller and Orlando Franklin. Nobody noticed an undrafted FA named Chris Harris who was 10th on the depth chart at CB. The position coaches didn't even know his name. Nobody expected him to last long enough for them to learn it. Instead he finished with 65 tackles.

Anybody who judged just after the draft would have to miss that impact player entirely!

This is a team that has added Talib, Demarcus Ware, T.J. Ward, Montgomery and Emmanuel Sanders. They are getting 3 stars who were hurt and didn't even play in the SB: Von Miller, Ryan Clady and Chris Harris. Thus, they have added 6 or 7 impact players who weren't available at the end of last season. They got bad OL play in the SB? They will only start 1 OL at the position he played in during the SB, Louis Vasquez.

They still need a RB, and we'll see if either of their LB picks will help this season. But, overall they have taken huge steps forward this off-season. And this draft was designed to mold in with this existing team. They drafted a bunch of guys who look to be future potential guys, not immediate starters.
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

Only pick I liked was the Barrow pick... But we should have never even had to go after him since John should have made a trade to get Shazier...

I don't by that don't chase people crap. With a team this loaded you SHOULD chase ANYTHING that would make your team complete. Shazier reminds me of Clay Matthews due to his freaky ability. Thats another player that I thought we should have went after, but instead we picked up Robert freaking Ayers....

Grade: D

And I will tell you another thing, having to wait a extra month just to see my team lay a egg in the draft is not something I will do again. I wonder how many other NFL fans feel this way...

There's things to feel positive and feel negative about.

On the positive side, I feel great about the Latimer pick. Amazing speed, dimensions, one drop in 119 tragets, and the best run blocker out of the WR group. It was harped a lot how deep this draft was in WRs, so how wise was it that we got a 1st round talent WR in the 2nd round, well worth the trade to get.

Conversely, like most people here who had a favorite player they wanted to be drafted by Denver, I'm pretty bummed that mine wasn't picked up. Bodine> Paradis.

Could have pushed our oline to be the best in the league, could have played C or either Guard position, was the strongest player in the draft, nasty play style, and would have stood his ground well against all those NFC West DLs that we get to play against...

But we got good depth and I'm content with what Paradis offers, so...

Overall I think it's a B- draft right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyWinder View Post
    Only pick I liked was the Barrow pick... But we should have never even had to go after him since John should have made a trade to get Shazier...

I don't by that don't chase people crap. With a team this loaded you SHOULD chase ANYTHING that would make your team complete. Shazier reminds me of Clay Matthews due to his freaky ability. Thats another player that I thought we should have went after, but instead we picked up Robert freaking Ayers....

Grade: D

And I will tell you another thing, having to wait a extra month just to see my team lay a egg in the draft is not something I will do again. I wonder how many other NFL fans feel this way...
    John Elway said there were efforts to move up in the 1st round, but the price to do so would have been "prohibitive." Also it's not fair to harp about Ayers, when this FO didn't draft him.
    Last edited by OrangeFaithful; 05-10-2014 at 06:17 PM.

I don't understand all the hate.

Roby is an immediate starter at CB, nickel or outside. Also adding more depth and cushion for insurance of Chris Harris. The only real 'need' we have.

Latimer is a solid WR with big time potential. Do you really expect him to start over Welker, DT, and Sanders? Jesus you people are so hard to please.

Schofield is our swinger at G/T that we all wanted. Charles Davis of NFLN said that he COULD be a starter from day one. We wont need him too with Clark there, but he can compete and possibly win.

Lamin Barrow is a possible future MIKE starter and backup to Trevathan, fast enough to drop back into coverage. At the very least he can contribute to ST.

Paradis gives us more depth and competition to the O-line, he can develop into a solid starter. He doesn't NEED to start now, we already have a stud in Manny.

I honestly don't know much about Nelson, but he adds more depth to the LB core.

I give this draft an A- because we addressed our only REAL big need which was another Cornerback. Everything else fell into place pretty smoothly I believe.

Every year you guys complain about this crap, we're pick at 31, Clowney and Watkins aren't gonna fall anywhere near us. Get over it.