Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    I give it a C. I was just very underwhelmed.
    Me, too. After Roby I think the Broncos failed to fill needs especially with the depth of the draft. No MLB and no OG/C taken in the draft seems to be a mistake. they did better in signing UDFAs

I have to say.....D+

I think that we are only marginally better right now then we were on Thursday
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

Draft:
    Roby - A
    Latimer - C (A-quality player but such an unnecessary pick)
    Schofield - D
    Barrow - B
    Paradis - C
    Nelson - B

Average: C+

UDFAs so far:
    Shaquil Barrett, LB - A
    Bryn Renner, QB - D
    Kapri Bibs, RB - C
    Isaiah Burse, WR - B
    Bennie Fowler, WR - D

I gave it a B+

In my No Trade Mock, I was spot on with the 1st 5 positions! I'm one of the very few that didn't think MLB was a need. I'm also probably the only one who figured we wouldn't draft a Safety, DT, DE, or RB.

I would have given this draft an A if we would have used our 6th and 7th rd picks on some of the higher projected prospects that fell off of a cliff. I just think the talent that was still available in the 6th and 7th rds were insane!!

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBassett View Post
    Draft:
    Roby - A
    Latimer - C (A-quality player but such an unnecessary pick)
    Schofield - D
    Barrow - B
    Paradis - C
    Nelson - B

Average: C+

UDFAs so far:
    Shaquil Barrett, LB - A
    Bryn Renner, QB - D
    Kapri Bibs, RB - C
    Isaiah Burse, WR - B
    Bennie Fowler, WR - D
    I don't see how you can give an UDFA such a low grade. It cost them nothing and it's all upside with them. Especially Bibbs. A C for a guy with 1700 yards and 30 TDs last year...for free???

obvisously we wont know for a couple years how good or bad it was for now I say B...IMO if Barrow can take hold of the middle n be another 3 down guy to go w/ danny n Von that'd be great...

Quote Originally Posted by JayJack View Post
    I gave it a B+

In my No Trade Mock, I was spot on with the 1st 5 positions! I'm one of the very few that didn't think MLB was a need. I'm also probably the only one who figured we wouldn't draft a Safety, DT, DE, or RB.

I would have given this draft an A if we would have used our 6th and 7th rd picks on some of the higher projected prospects that fell off of a cliff. I just think the talent that was still available in the 6th and 7th rds were insane!!
    Elway said in a yahoo article before the draft that he felt Irvin and TJ Ward could be used to fill the role a MLB would be needed (Irvin 1st and 2nd downs, Ward 3rd downs).

Elway is quoted in how nervous him and Fox were that Barrow would fall to them to compete for the MLB spot with Irvin

Fox ''made about 18 laps around the room,'' Elway said. ''That was the most nervous time of the draft.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/broncos...4512--nfl.html

I do agree with your point though that most posters did not see our needs the way the Broncos front office did.

Was pretty sure we would not draft a DL or S...honestly they would have had a hard time making the team. I thought we were going to draft a RB tho
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

I give it an A. We addressed all our needs and while we didn't pick the guys I necessarily wanted, I think we got some really good players. I do think we got slightly ripped off in the SF trade but that was the only real negative. I trust that our FO is better at scouting than I am. I'm thrilled with our UDFAs.

I will not comment on the quality of players who were drafted. Realistically, none of us really knows how good/bad these players will be in the upcoming years. I will comment on how our Front Office handled the draft----very poorly. We had only 6 players chosen in 7 rounds. This was widely considered the deepest draft in many years, possibly ever. We didn't pick a player in the 4th round. In case anyone has forgotten, we got our rear ends handed to us in the Superbowl. We can blame it on injuries, but that is where backups are expected to help. We had a far better chance to solidify backup positions in this draft than was demonstrated. I think our Front Office failed to take advantage of a deep draft class. Grade= F

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Elway said in a yahoo article before the draft that he felt Irvin and TJ Ward could be used to fill the role a MLB would be needed (Irvin 1st and 2nd downs, Ward 3rd downs).

Elway is quoted in how nervous him and Fox were that Barrow would fall to them to compete for the MLB spot with Irvin

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/broncos...4512--nfl.html

I do agree with your point though that most posters did not see our needs the way the Broncos front office did.

Was pretty sure we would not draft a DL or S...honestly they would have had a hard time making the team. I thought we were going to draft a RB tho
    Yeah I saw that interview with Elway. Don't get me wrong, i'm glad we got Barrow, I just didn't see addressing MLB in the 1st 3 rounds as priority.

I didn't get the players right, but I feel great that I was spot on about the position and the rounds that we would address them.

Quote Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
    I will not comment on the quality of players who were drafted. Realistically, none of us really knows how good/bad these players will be in the upcoming years. I will comment on how our Front Office handled the draft----very poorly. We had only 6 players chosen in 7 rounds. This was widely considered the deepest draft in many years, possibly ever. We didn't pick a player in the 4th round. In case anyone has forgotten, we got our rear ends handed to us in the Superbowl. We can blame it on injuries, but that is where backups are expected to help. We had a far better chance to solidify backup positions in this draft than was demonstrated. I think our Front Office failed to take advantage of a deep draft class. Grade= F
    I do apologize but I'm lost to your logic. Did you want use to trade back and draft as many players as possible? There is a flaw in having as many picks the 49ers and rams had, they will be cutting a number of them. And what if half these 6 players become pro bowlers? Doesn't the FO get credit for selecting them?

Injuries are not a full excuse but wen you sign people mid season and before playoffs that hurts your team a lot.

Here is what I'm looking at:
    FA -replacement of the roster spot
    Decker- Sanders
    DRC- Talib
    Beadles- Clady fills the spot and oline shuffle
    Philips- Ware
    Adams- Ward
    Ayers- Q from IR
    Wood- Barrow
    Huff- Moore from IR
    Mincey- Miller from IR
    Justice- resigned
    Cole- Roby
    Lenon- McCray from IR
    Moreno- draft pick UDFA
    Jammer- draft pick or UDFA
    Vallos- Montgomery

It's a very basic way to look at it but we don't have that many rosters spots and only 7 PS spots. We didn't need to draft a lot of people in my mind

D-. Really shouldn't have passed on Marqise Lee in the first round but given that they did, drafting Bradley Roby?! You're joking, right? Elway, you mixed up your joke cards with your actual pick cards again. Passing on Morgan Moses for Cody Latimer? *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    Hes a WLB but every scouting report ive read said hes not only a good Mike hes more suited for the role of Mike and like Bradford was considered a gem on many draft boards (especially mine) despite being OLB's. People forget that ILB's rarely are as athletic as there counterparts but whats makes them special is leadership which he has and instincts which hes developing and usually a high football IQ which he is said to have.

Hes said to be what they call a missile in the middle someone who can come in and attack at blazing speed unfortunately he needs to improve his technique and yes the game needs to slow down for him
    Thx Josh! This is what I have on him too. Thanks for presenting your side!

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoboy6 View Post
    What I mean is in the draft. In my opinion, if we are in win mode right now (while we still have Peyton), I'd rather have traded up for 1 to 2 impact players. Since we seem to love dipping into the later rounds for players, it couldn't hurt that much.
    But we did. We traded up to get Latimer in the 2nd, who is an Eric Decker clone, except he's faster and can block.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkPanda View Post
    D-. Really shouldn't have passed on Marqise Lee in the first round but given that they did, drafting Bradley Roby?! You're joking, right? Elway, you mixed up your joke cards with your actual pick cards again. Passing on Morgan Moses for Cody Latimer? *facepalm*
    What I find very hard to understand is why our front office gets whipped on for passing on a player (Moses) when EVERY OTHER GM IN THE LEAGUE ALSO PASSED ON THAT PLAYER. Twice. And then some more GMs passed on that player, and he eventually went in Round 3, ten spots below where we took Latimer.

But you talk about it like it's a total no-brainer, and Elway's got the IQ of a flea for making the decision he did. What is it that you know that 32 GMs don't?

Same deal with Marqise Lee. You whine that we didn't get a receiver who's 6'0", weighs 192 and ran a 4.52, with an extensive injury history who every GM in the league passed on in Round 1, and then complain when we get a WR who's 6'2", weighs 215 and ran a 4.38. Oh and by the way was the strongest WR at the combine (23 reps), is a fearless blocker with a basketball background -- remind anyone of a certain tight end we've got? -- who makes tough catches in traffic over the middle.

It's OK to have your own opinions about these players, but when 32 GMs have a different opinion than you do, you need to speak with some humility about it.