Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Since it's too difficult for me to pick out players I'll just go with groups.

Offense : O Line/Pass Protection
    Defense: D line/Pass Rush

Honestly......Only PM is indispensable. With PM we are a 12-14 win team, without him we are a 4-8 win team. Anyone else goes down we are still the AFC top seed and most likely Champion. The closest thing outside of PM....

Offense
    Vasquez
    I think that we have a few players that are better but they play positions with far greater depth

Defense
    Pot Roast
    Again we have better players.....But they are all coming off injuries and who knows what we are going to get outa them. Where Pot roast is the only guy we have that can play effectively in the middle. Vonn is close, but we have other pass rushers that can do it, plus this injury could really effect his explosiveness this season
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Crazy they made the SB despite losing Von/Clady last year, arguably our top two players after Manning.

To the OP, pretty tough.

Offense:

Demaryius
    Ball (mainly because the depth worries me, or is unproven)
    Vazquez
    Clady
    Julius

Defense:

Talib
    Knighton
    Von
    Trev
    Ware

Last spot was hard, went with Ware, pass rush makes the whole defense go.

Thought about going with Harris.

Montee Ball is proven? To do what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by SM19 View Post
    The two players without whom this team truly cannot function as it ought to are Manning and Miller. Lots of other players are very valuable, I don't think I'd call anyone else indispensible.
    We functioned just fine last season without Vonn, and I believe that we were statistically a better D with him on the sidelines

Quote Originally Posted by japfaff View Post
    We functioned just fine last season without Vonn, and I believe that we were statistically a better D with him on the sidelines
    Thats not true, the D was much better with him than without him.

Montee Ball is proven? To do what exactly?
    Certainly not proven for 10+ years or anything but the depth behind him scares me a little, i wont lie.

I'd like to pick up a veteran if cut (Law-Firm makes sense if Cincy cuts him after taking Hill)

P. Manning
    L. Vasquez
    D. Thomas
    W. Welker
    M. Prater
    A. Talib
    T. Knighton
    C. Harris

Honestly......Only PM is indispensable. With PM we are a 12-14 win team, without him we are a 4-8 win team. Anyone else goes down we are still the AFC top seed and most likely Champion. The closest thing outside of PM....

Offense
    Vasquez
    I think that we have a few players that are better but they play positions with far greater depth

Defense
    Pot Roast
    Again we have better players.....But they are all coming off injuries and who knows what we are going to get outa them. Where Pot roast is the only guy we have that can play effectively in the middle. Vonn is close, but we have other pass rushers that can do it, plus this injury could really effect his explosiveness this season
    I know you're on record with your disagreement about DT being a top receiver, but he is not dispensable. We don't have nearly the same offense, Peyton or no Peyton. The difference between Peyton's 2013 and all of his years in Indy was noticeable, and that isn't because of Decker, or even Julius. It is more so Demaryius than any of them.
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

I think the most indispensable is Britton Colquitt who is the best bench warmer in the NFL.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Offense:
    1. Clady
    2. Thomas
    3. Ball

Defense
    1. Miller
    2. Knighton
    3. Talib

Thats not true, the D was much better with him than without him.
    I dont think so.....I remember reading that we were a better D without him. But either way. We functioned just fine without him

Certainly not proven for 10+ years or anything but the depth behind him scares me a little, i wont lie.

I'd like to pick up a veteran if cut (Law-Firm makes sense if Cincy cuts him after taking Hill)
    No doubt that the depth behind him scares everyone. But it isnt like he is a known. He could totally flop this season. He is stepping into a role that he has never played before.. Same as everyone of his back ups. But in the end of the day I think that any back we put into our O will be adequate. Because every time they run the ball it is going to be against 6 and 7 man fronts

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    I know you're on record with your disagreement about DT being a top receiver, but he is not dispensable. We don't have nearly the same offense, Peyton or no Peyton. The difference between Peyton's 2013 and all of his years in Indy was noticeable, and that isn't because of Decker, or even Julius. It is more so Demaryius than any of them.
    I dont think DT is a top 5 WR in the league. 100% true. I think that he struggles against press, and he cant get off the LOS a lot. I still think that he struggles to get open down field. I just think that there are a lot of WR that can do it all, and I know a lot of his stats are of course inflated with the O we run and the QB that we have. But DT is great. No doubt about it. But my reason for not including him. If he went down. We have WW, JT, and ES to still catch passes. Throw in Latimore, Green, and Caldwell. That is still a top 10 Receiving corps. We would go on, we would be worse, but we would still be the best in the division. Same with Clady, and the Dbs.... Our depth makes up for any one injury

Offense:
    Clady
    Vasquez
    D. Thomas
    Franklin

Defense:
    Talib
    Ware
    Miller
    Harris

I will say the 3 most important players on offense are Manning, Clady, then Demaryious Thomas

On defense Von easily, then probably Talib, then Ware

It is hard to put two new players on the list but what they will be asked to do will be significant for our defense IMO

My guess is Talib will he asked to ISO the other team's top guy which will give us coverage flexibility
    And obviously with Von coming off a torn ACL Ware will be important for the pass rush