Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2014 NBA Draft

Outside of harris horrible draft so far imo. Bunch of international projects again?

Like what Denver did, personally I would have been content with just taking Harris at 11. So to trade back and take him at 19 is a steal. I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting over Afflalo late in the year. That said, I still believe Denver will be active in the trade market for Kevin Love. Over a solid day for the nuggets.

Both picks were slated to go higher than they were picked. That's a win in and of itself. They traded down for two picks and got rid of Randolph. The trade down saved them money on paying someone pick 11 money and they still got two guys that could have been picked at 11! That's smart.

I watched tape on Nurkic and he's probably got a more polished inside game with confidence than our current bigs and he's 19. He's not timid and not afraid to mix it up which is what you fear with a euro, he's not soft. He doesn't jump super high but when he has a chance he goes for the dunk. He has a jump shot! He draws fouls AND makes free throws!

The Harris pick is a steal. I've read in a few places that scouts think he could be a starting SG for just about any team in the NBA right now. I don't know what we're doing with Foye and Afflalo but we have tons of flexibility. This was a great pick and a steal.

The second euro kid is a perfect pick to leave overseas and come back to.

This was said to be a deep draft and we managed to get two first rounders out of it. That's fantastic. You never know how players will pan out but on paper this was one of the better drafts the Nuggets have ever had.

Harris was a great pick- solid draft for the Nuggets.

I figured him or Stauskas was their target, I never figured they would get him where they did.

Connelly has done a great job so far. I must have watched the same video MegaOrange did on Nurkic. His post work is real nice, and his hands look better than Mozgov's. Same type of build and athleticism but better with the ball.

I read in the DP that taking Harris at 19 instead of 11 also saved the Nuggets a few million bucks in contract money. The Nuggets got a lot better yesterday. Not sure about the Serbian guy yet but the two first rounders look to be pretty good. One journalist on ESPN said he had Jurkic in the top 10 or 12 in terms of talent.

We got Afflalo back for a weak Fournier who never panned out and the 56th pick or something like that, then one of the best SGs in the draft and got a couple big men for the future. Jurkic said he would play in the nba next year but it seems like the Nuggets might have other plans.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Connelly has done a great job so far. I must have watched the same video MegaOrange did on Nurkic. His post work is real nice, and his hands look better than Mozgov's. Same type of build and athleticism but better with the ball.

I read in the DP that taking Harris at 19 instead of 11 also saved the Nuggets a few million bucks in contract money. The Nuggets got a lot better yesterday. Not sure about the Serbian guy yet but the two first rounders look to be pretty good. One journalist on ESPN said he had Jurkic in the top 10 or 12 in terms of talent.

We got Afflalo back for a weak Fournier who never panned out and the 56th pick or something like that, then one of the best SGs in the draft and got a couple big men for the future. Jurkic said he would play in the nba next year but it seems like the Nuggets might have other plans.
    I read somewhere that Connely said he will have Jurkic here for the summer ball and next year...I can only imagine he doesn't stick if he's nowhere near ready.

Some of the dislike Denver is getting on the picks is confusing to me.

Nurkic is 1-2 years away from being a major contributor IMO. Needs to improve especially in not getting into foul trouble. If he does stay this season(IMO he should stay another year overseas) he will play very sparingly. However, if he gets his work in he will be better than Mozzy by a nice margin IMO. Let's not forget the kid is still 19. Yes a developmental pick, but Connelly said it himself honestly the 11th pick was likely not going to contribute much anyways.

As for Harris, the argument of you just traded for Afflalo is so misguided. Afflalo will have the option to opt-out after this year, and IMO he likely will, so basically he's on an expiring contract. So insert Harris, who has a similar style of play, but a much higher upside. AAA will be a great early mentor, and will allow Harris to compete, and I think Harris takes the starting role by years end. Also Harris like Nurkic is only one 19. One thing Denver needed was 2-way players, and Harris is just that.

Denver also kept its reported trade package for Kevin Love intact. Early reports had it as Faried, Chandler, and Afflalo(who we would acquire and we did) Depending on the faith in Nurkic they could also throw in Mozgov as well now, and role with Mcgee Nurkic, and Hickson. This allows Denver to remain highly active in the trade market.

I keep hearing why would you trade away McDermott though? Well for one where would he fit? He is a poor mans Gallo right now, and likely wont surpass him IMO. Also Gallo will probably not be involved in any trades, because if that's the case there really a lack of talent. Gallo who IMO is an all-star caliber talent. Not only that, Denver improved the future with its two picks, and dumped Randolph's contract. So yes, trading McBuckets was the smart move.

The only real issue is Denver didnt really improve it's athleticism, but the way the board played out, there wasnt much out there.