Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Flying into Denver for a Broncos game

My wife and I are flying in for the game against the Bills on 12-7. We have not been to Sports Authority Field. Need tips on the whole process of parking, how early to get there, ect. So excited to see our first live game.

First thing, welcome to the boards.

The gates open two hours before kickoff, so for the Bills Game, you can go to your seats just after 11:00. I suggest being early, but many like to come in at the last minute. Te each his own I guess, but if you wait until like 1:45, you might miss kickoff standing in line waiting to enter.

Sorry, I have no real parking "tips" as I have always had a pass. But I do have one.

Be early. The lots fill up, and tailgaters have been a problem the last few years to people who show up later. Avoid that by being early.

Thanks JWinn,
    I used to live there and unfortunately moved away years ago but still get back to Denver whenever I can. We've been serious Bronco fans for more than 35 years. We have seats in the upper section 534. I am somewhat handicapped with very bad knees I'm only assuming there are a lot of stairs involved?

I have found parking passes available to buy in some of the VIP parking lots for that game, would that be something worth doing? If so how early can you get into park in those lots?

Quote Originally Posted by snapshot View Post
    Thanks JWinn,
    I used to live there and unfortunately moved away years ago but still get back to Denver whenever I can. We've been serious Bronco fans for more than 35 years. We have seats in the upper section 534. I am somewhat handicapped with very bad knees I'm only assuming there are a lot of stairs involved?

I have found parking passes available to buy in some of the VIP parking lots for that game, would that be something worth doing? If so how early can you get into park in those lots?
    There will probably be stairs involved at some point in your journey to your seats though I believe there are also ramps all the way up to lvl 5 as well. (sorry I don't know more my seats are on level 1)

As far as parking goes as long as you don't spend too much on a pass I would say it is definitely worth it especially if you don't plan on tailgating. Lots open 5 hours prior to kick off and there are times where they will actually sell out prior to the lot even opening. (I would imagine for the Bills game this wont be the case) If you do decide to just wait and try and get parking the day of Lots M, N and C are the cash lots I know of. Here's a link to the stadium parking info. http://www.sportsauthorityfieldatmil...transportation

Cheers and welcome back to Denver!

Yeah, snatch up a parking pass if you can get one. That's going to make life a little easier for you. You've got it, no worries, ya know.

As for the 5th level, you can take escalators or elevators all the way up, but once your out in the seating area, there will be a few steps to your seats. Hopefully you won't have too many rows to climb.

I find the escalators to be much faster personally.

Once out in your section, the first thing you should find is the Guest Relations person standing near the entrance/tunnel to 534. He or she will point out the exact location of your seat, and might be able to help relocate you into a handicapped seat if one is available. Surprisingly, handicapped seats often go unused.

It's worth asking at least. Maybe mention your knees the GR person, and use a little charm. They react better to sugar then vinegar.

Hey thanks so much for the responses to my questions, really appreciate it. I cant imagine what its like to go to every home game, just awesome!

Besides the tailgating what other festivities are going on around the stadium before game time?

What are the prices like on food and beer?

Hey thanks so much for the responses to my questions, really appreciate it. I cant imagine what its like to go to every home game, just awesome!

Besides the tailgating what other festivities are going on around the stadium before game time?

So beer in the stadium is 7.25 I think (memory doesn't always serve me right on that). Food varies depending on what you want but I would say plan to spend 8-12 bucks on food in the stadium. JWinn knows where to go to get potential player autographs, I think?? (I am not one to do this sort of thing) There is also the broncos sponsored pregame tailgate tent that will have other games up on big inflatable screens as well as food and drinks. I don't know too much about it as i have never gone to it.

There's stuff to do pre game all around the stadium. Mostly on the south end between the parking lots.

They used to set up a huge long tent and have a big pre game party, but last year they had a huge truck mounted screen showing other games (and I suppose the Bronco game during- not sure about that,) facing the crowd. There's always a band, and lots of booths to buy food and drink.

I walk by this stuff and go straight in, so don't know how much they charge for stuff in there, but probably the usual stadium prices. About $8 for a burger, and I think it's $6 for a beer, but don't hold me to those prices.

So if your not really looking to tailgate, but still wanna party before the game outside with other fans, maybe catching some of an earlier game, they have that covered for you.

But like in any stadium I've ever been in, the prices are pretty high. I don't even drink and I drop about $50 to $60 for two every game. More if my guest wants to drink alcohol.

If you've been to any professional game, it's the same. Nuggets, Avs, Rockies, for other local examples, No different. Just part of the experience. There's really nothing cheap at any professional game. It's pretty much always an expensive day.

But always worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
    So beer in the stadium is 7.25 I think (memory doesn't always serve me right on that). Food varies depending on what you want but I would say plan to spend 8-12 bucks on food in the stadium. JWinn knows where to go to get potential player autographs, I think?? (I am not one to do this sort of thing) There is also the broncos sponsored pregame tailgate tent that will have other games up on big inflatable screens as well as food and drinks. I don't know too much about it as i have never gone to it.

You don't go into that stuff either? Someone here must. They get massive crowds!

I get the alumni autos on the Club level, but know they used to have them in the big tent they used to put up. They advertised it at least. Not sure if or where they do it now, outside.

They should still have the cheerleaders at each game about an hour before kickoff. I do that on the club too, but know they have a table set up by the cars at each gate for the girls to sign posters (for free). (There's a Buick or a Subaru at every gate.)

Oh, there is always the crowd lining up to get the current players ink as the enter and leave. Snap can give that a shot if he wants.

The players park in tiny lot just due South of the stadium, right in the middle of all the party going on there. Fans line up along both sides of the walkways they have roped off, and beg for autographs. I read and hear many success from that. You cannot miss it!

It was the busiest place in the WORLD when Tebow showed up for every game.

I drove in from Texas to the opener last year against the Ravens. It was the first time that I was able to attend a live Broncos game and the experience did not disappoint. We decided to park in lot M that is south of the stadium to take part in a bit of tailgating. A local bar set up next to us and supplied us with free beer and food during our time in the parking lot and we quickly made friends with others in the lot. We had never been in the stadium before so we packed up and headed towards the stadium about an hour-hour and a half before the gates opened. On the way we took part in the activities in the south side of the stadium. There were lots of freebies like shirts, lanyards, food coupons, food samples, and games to take part in. There was also a bar area that was selling beer for a few bucks. I'm not sure if these activities occur for every game or if it was something special since we opened up the season this year but it's worth looking into if you want some free stuff. We then heard the crowd that was surrounding the player entrance and ran over to see who was coming in, it was none other than Peyton himself. My brother and I were able to squeeze in and received autographs on my hat and his jersey. Yes, it was as awesome as it sounds! We then headed to the northwest part of the stadium to the Mile High Mountain Village to see what that was all about. They have food and beer on sell and I believe that the beer was a couple dollars cheaper in here before the other gates opened up. They had sports commenters providing a dialogue with the fans, alumni signings, cheerleader signings, and signups for giveaways. Luck was on my side again and I won 2 pre-game field passes. I chose my brother to be the one to join me on the field and that was a great time as well. We left the field as warm-ups ended and headed to our seats to witness all 7 of Peyton's tds.

We have already secured tickets to the opener against the Colts and I plan on following the same series of events but am not expecting to be quite as lucky this time. I hope you have a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by JWinn View Post
    You don't go into that stuff either? Someone here must. They get massive crowds!

I get the alumni autos on the Club level, but know they used to have them in the big tent they used to put up. They advertised it at least. Not sure if or where they do it now, outside.

They should still have the cheerleaders at each game about an hour before kickoff. I do that on the club too, but know they have a table set up by the cars at each gate for the girls to sign posters (for free). (There's a Buick or a Subaru at every gate.)

Oh, there is always the crowd lining up to get the current players ink as the enter and leave. Snap can give that a shot if he wants.

The players park in tiny lot just due South of the stadium, right in the middle of all the party going on there. Fans line up along both sides of the walkways they have roped off, and beg for autographs. I read and hear many success from that. You cannot miss it!

It was the busiest place in the WORLD when Tebow showed up for every game.

Haha nope not my kind of thing. Depending on the game we are lucky to be in our seat 20 minutes before kick off sometimes from our tailgate haha. Just depends on who is tailgating with us and how much beer was brought

T-shirts!

Yup, fans can go by a GMC booth and fill out a form, sign up for email, and walk away with a new orange t-shirt. I have one. I forgot about those.

There's usually a few different things going on fans can get a free t-shirt at.

Also, there's a bunch of guys who cruise the lots and sell home made t-shirts. I know they are not "legit", licensed stuff, but they are some of the best shirts, with some really terrific designs, usually $5 or $10 cheaper than anything you can get inside. And they are almost always willing to deal for two, or after a game.

Some of best t-shirts in my closet have come out of the parking lots.

Haha nope not my kind of thing. Depending on the game we are lucky to be in our seat 20 minutes before kick off sometimes from our tailgate haha. Just depends on who is tailgating with us and how much beer was brought

With your set-up, I'd stay there until the very last minute also.

Quote Originally Posted by JWinn View Post
    T-shirts!

Yup, fans can go by a GMC booth and fill out a form, sign up for email, and walk away with a new orange t-shirt. I have one. I forgot about those.

There's usually a few different things going on fans can get a free t-shirt at.

Also, there's a bunch of guys who cruise the lots and sell home made t-shirts. I know they are not "legit", licensed stuff, but they are some of the best shirts, with some really terrific designs, usually $5 or $10 cheaper than anything you can get inside. And they are almost always willing to deal for two, or after a game.

Some of best t-shirts in my closet have come out of the parking lots.

And some of them say things that cannot be repeated on this site

And some of them say things that cannot be repeated on this site

Indeed!

Lots of profanity. Usually surrounding the words AL and DAVIS.