Thread: Shakes

Shakes

This isn't about earthquakes or what happens to your body when you can't remember if you turned off the stove element as your airplane begins to take off on a long vacation.....

No it may be winter, but I'm interested in what is the best milkshake flavour outside of Chocolate (my fav), Strawberry (mmmmmm) and Vanilla (good ole reliable)......

I don't think I've had another kind. I was thinking root beer, but that could have been a float........mmmmmmm floats......

So gang......what do you recommend? No rush.........I don't usually go shake crazy until mid spring. That is unless I leave an element on, or forget if I locked a door, just as the plane takes off......

I love Pumpkin Pie shakes!!!!!

You can usually only get them around thanksgiving but they are awesome. Anothe holiday favorite of mine is Egg Nog shakes.

Huckleberry baby!

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Oreo. Nothing beats a good Oreo shake--except a good Oreo malt!

They all sound interesting....but I need some extra push to replace the amazingly sumptuous chocolate shake........

In fact, I will always remember the very first one I had. I was a youngster, and my aunt took me to the corner store.....in those days corner stores were more prevalent. It had a diner style counter, and what I remember most was the fellow behind the counter making the shake in one of those metal containers, and then pouring it into our tall glasses. It was sooooooo delicious. I was in heaven.

Sometimes the old days provided longer lasting memories......we had fewer things and had minimal access to the world, but whenever something good happened....it was really good!!!!

I think I've mentioned my first shake story before.....sorry if I have.

What the heck.......tune in next time when I reflect on "my first pizza"......oh man, that was another momentous occasion!!!!!

How about McDonalds Shamrock Shake

There used to be a place that had an old fashioned soda fountain a few years back, and they used to have an orange creamsicle shake.

The place closed and I haven't been able to get one for almost 10 years.

My other favorite was a vanilla bean shake. Vanilla to the extreme.

Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

Chocolate is my favorite.

There's this place called Anne's. Small place that's been around for years. Big mall tried to buy them out, but they refused. They have these foot-long chili dogs (they deep-fry them) that make me want to not be vegetarian.

Anyway, they have a pineapple milkshake that is sooo good. It's not on the menu, you just have to "know". My only complaint is that they need fatter straws so that the pineapple pieces don't get stuck.

I want one now.

Oh, the ladies who work there are amazing, too. They can take like 5 different orders and get every single order correct.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Chocolate is my favorite.
    There's this place called Anne's. Small place that's been around for years. Big mall tried to buy them out, but they refused. They have these foot-long chili dogs (they deep-fry them) that make me want to not be vegetarian.

Anyway, they have a pineapple milkshake that is sooo good. It's not on the menu, you just have to "know". My only complaint is that they need fatter straws so that the pineapple pieces don't get stuck.

I want one now.

Oh, the ladies who work there are amazing, too. They can take like 5 different orders and get every single order correct.
    1) Chocolate!!!!! (winner)

2) I could imagine pineapple being very tasty (but now I am craving a deep fried chili dog)

3) I hope no one gets the idea to push for veggie shakes!!!
    Hmmmmmm......I'm sure someone will make me rethink that statement.......
    Last edited by CanDB; 01-11-2012 at 08:42 AM.

Gotta go with the classic Chocolate shake for me...

#2 would be Vanilla; since you can have so many variations with different fruits, syrups, etc.

Brought back an oldie, but I would suggest, goodie!

We have a local fav restaurant these days that serves fabulous burgers, fries, and other delicious food, and for a good price. They were cloing for a few weeks, so my wife and I stuck to our plan, to have an "unhealthy' meal of a burger, poutine, and a shake. Not often we stray that far over the line of healthy vs unhealthy, but it was hot, and we wanted to go for the gusto at least once this summer.

So we grab the door, only to find out they are closing a few days earlier than posted. Say what!!!

Panic sets in, but there is a plan B. There's another old time burger restaurant that we occasionally go to, and last I remembered, they serve all three items. Again, for non canucks, poutine is a crazy good dish of fries, cheese curds and topped with gravy...sometimes even other neat concoctions.

The end result....their burgers are very good, and the chocolate shake was fabulous! But the poutine was even better than the first restaurant mentioned. It was an amazing feast of good old time treats!!

And if this heat keeps up.....I have a feeling we're going to consume a nice blizzard someday soon. Can't wait!

5 words...
    Peanut butter hot fudge & marshmallow

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    5 words...
    Peanut butter hot fudge & marshmallow
    Mmmmmmmmmmmm

We had plans on the Peanut Butter Chocolate at the old place, but had to settle for Chocolate at the other one. I do love chocolate, but was craving some peanut butter in the mix!

OMG....I will be posting this elsewhere too, cuz it hits the summer spot and satisfies another "need" of mine!!!