Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

If you could add any 5 players...

If you could bring in any five players for this season, money a non factor, who would they be?

Mine are Calvin, Adrian Peterson, JJ, Willis, and Patrick Peterson.
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

J.J. Watt,
    Luke Kuechly
    Calvin Johnson
    Jammall Charles
    Patrick Peterson

Quote Originally Posted by allthings18 View Post
    J.J. Watt,
    Luke Kuechly
    Calvin Johnson
    Jammall Charles
    Patrick Peterson
    It's hard to find a better set of players than these, great job!

Geno Atkins
    Julio jones
    Navarro bowman
    Lesean mccoy
    Trent Williams (at rt)

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    It's hard to find a better set of players than these, great job!
    Thanks,
    About the same as Johnson's he took Willis over Kuechly, and APeterson over Charles. I think Charles would fit the offense better, and Kuechley is just an animal, I'm from Charlotte, and he grab attention.

A better five:
    Joe Greene
    Deacon Jones
    Jerry Rice
    Barry Sanders
    Jack Lambert

Luke Kuechly- MLB arguably our weakest position. Kuechly fits well in the 4-3 better than both 49ers MLB

Joe Thomas- Again RT is a position of weakness, give me an elite Tackle and let Clady and Thomas figure out who plays RT

Earl Thomas- Gives us a true play maker at FS. Moore is solid but not a difference maker.

Adrian Peterson- Best RB in the league. If this guy saw 6-7 man boxes bc defenses want to key on Manning, 2500 Yards would be very very very possible. Manning would have no problem checking.

Patrick Peterson- Tough choice, Megatron, and Watt would be great to have, but we already have a lot of receiving weapons, and a good pass rush. Talib is proven but injury prone. Harris could play slot, and let young guys develop. I take Peterson over other corners because of play making ability, and can help on Special Teams, and even a little offense.

The best 5 from the Seahawks so we have a chance
    I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
    I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
    I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
    "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
    God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
    Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Geno Atkins
    Julio jones
    Navarro bowman
    Lesean mccoy
    Trent Williams (at rt)
    When i think of it, I would exchange Calvin for a OL, probably Joe Thomas for me and move Clady to RT, like I was hoping for when the Browns traded Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by allthings18 View Post
    Thanks,
    About the same as Johnson's he took Willis over Kuechly, and APeterson over Charles. I think Charles would fit the offense better, and Kuechley is just an animal, I'm from Charlotte, and he grab attention.

A better five:
    Joe Greene
    Deacon Jones
    Jerry Rice
    Barry Sanders
    Jack Lambert
    I don't think these guys would necessarily be better modern-day. Sanders will always be better than Charles, but Peterson is the best RB in history IMO, and we'll be very lucky to say we watched him. Joe Greene and Deacon Jones would probably still be effective but not dominant, Rice would be Rice, but Lambert would probably be the biggest drop off in today's NFL. He's a 220 pound middle linebacker and the McCoy's of the NFL would make him look like he's in slow motion.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    I don't think these guys would necessarily be better modern-day. Sanders will always be better than Charles, but Peterson is the best RB in history IMO, and we'll be very lucky to say we watched him. Joe Greene and Deacon Jones would probably still be effective but not dominant, Rice would be Rice, but Lambert would probably be the biggest drop off in today's NFL. He's a 220 pound middle linebacker and the McCoy's of the NFL would make him look like he's in slow motion.
    You also have to consider that the all time greats "if" they were playing today, would have the luxuries of the modern day players, nutrition, 52 week programs, medical improvements, etc.. Greene/Jones/Lambert if anything would have to adjust to the tamer NFL, and Lambert would be about 255 in the modern day. Those 3 had mean streaks that make modern defenders look soft.

I took Charles over APeterson because I feel he would be a more useful tool than Peterson. If I wanted top of the line mauling offensive line and running the ball 55%+ I'd take Peterson over Charles, but if the pig is in the air, I'd see Charles being a better fit.

I'd still take Sanders or Payton over Peterson at this point. I'd take Peterson over Emmitt.

Rice would be Rice, but he'd be playing with a more talented QB in Manning.

Justin Blackmon
    Richard Incognito
    Josh Gordon
    Ray Rice
    Aaron Hernandez

Wait... Was this the five players we wanted to add to the Raiders?

Calvin Johnson
    Earl Thomas
    Joe Hadden
    Suh
    Watt

Earl Thomas (This guy is why the Seahawks defense is what it is)
    Luke Kuechley (probably easiest position to upgrade on the team)
    JJ Watt (this one is tough in we are pretty loaded on the DL but this guy is just flat out ridiculous in his abilities)
    LeSean McCoy (hard to pass on AP but McCoy is the best duel threat in the league in my opinion and was made for a Manning type offense)
    Joe Thomas (I don't know if Manning would be touched all season by a DE if we had Clady and Thomas blocking for him)

Suh
    Watt
    Patrick Willis
    Peterson
    Adrian Peterson

I picked mostly defense as it's our D that needs the most help. We've already had the greatest offense in the history of the NFL, the only thing missing was a top RB, which I think AP would easily hit the 2,000 yard mark if on this team.

Adrian Peterson
    Trent Williams (at RT)
    Geno Atkins
    JJ Watt
    Patrick Willis