Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bradley Roby

Bradley Roby

I am just curious on how good our number one pick is doing during TC, Louis Young who was undrafted seems like he is doing better that Roby. I guess I just fear that we wasted our number pick. I hope he pans out though.

I will not be suprised if he will be used as a backup this year.

However, I wouldn't consider him a wasted pick. He eventually will do fine.

All I heard so far was him getting burnt. Hopefully, it turns out to be a good pick.

Learning the playbook takes a while, you do a lot of thinking instead of reacting.
    I see backup for Roby for awile.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
    All I heard so far was him getting burnt. Hopefully, it turns out to be a good pick.

Learning the playbook takes a while, you do a lot of thinking instead of reacting.
    I see backup for Roby for awile.
    I heard the exact same stuff, Cody is killing him. I am just glad webster is coming to his Own and making plays.

I saw him live sunday....He was someone I was focusing on a lot. Here is what I saw:

Likes to be physical but needs to adjust to jamming the pros at the LOS. he gets his hands on them but they get off to easily. He tends to be a little grabby down the field. He has the speed to keep up with guys but is very unsure if they are going to break so he lags a little behind. I noticed this when he was running with a guy, behind him, and only when the ball was in the air did he accelerate and try to make a play...(ball was thrown out of bounds). he also needs to get his head around faster. I saw him have good coverage on a couple plays. Both were against brock and brock had to tuck the ball and run or throw elsewhere as he wanted to go to whoever roby was covering.

In the Redzone drills and 7v7 and 9v7 you could see him guessing routes. Sometimes he could recover, other times not.

When they went 11v11 that is where it was obvious he is still learning. When the D went to audible, he did not know what to do. So he just played man. Pass wasnt his way but you could tell. After the play the S and the other corner talked to him before the next snap. They audibled again on D and told him where to go and what to do. If they are telling him then it means he is 4 days into be a pro and still needs to get used to the D and how to go and where to be. He got burnt bad on a couple of plays. Latimer owned him good and so did wes. I cant remember how OJ did, but I feel he got a td catch in the redzone drills on him 1v1.

The last thing I can say about him is when they went 11 v 11 and the offense did score, it was not roby who was scored on even though he was the closest CB. His man ran a flat route from the 7 or so? Roby sealed it off. His guy then moved into the endzone as the play broke down and then across to the other side of endzone. meanwhile, OJ, I believe, came across the back of the endzone, the complete opposite direction with Duke Ihenacho in chase. Roby stayed with his man and Duke peeled off and let OJ go. Now Roby had both guys. OJ makes a td grab. Duke tried telling Roby it was his fault as he should have covered OJ when Duke peeled off, but Roby had his back to Duke and OJ and did not see them. If he did, I think the quick shallow dump off would also have scored a TD had roby covered OJ.

To sum up 1 day of practice I saw. He looks like a rookie. You can see he has size and speed but the game is too fast for him right now. Once he knows his assignments we will have a better idea if he can be good or not. Too hard to say imo as he is a bit of a fish out of water.
    So far:
    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Quote Originally Posted by multimoussa View Post
    I am just curious on how good our number one pick is doing during TC, Louis Young who was undrafted seems like he is doing better that Roby. I guess I just fear that we wasted our number pick. I hope he pans out though.

Young caught my eye a few times. He is a big guy too! But all of the CBs have been burnt.

Sanders turned Talib around twice for td grabs. it was bad. One play, I foget the WR, wes maybe? got so sexy on his moves and cuts that he broke Tony Carters ankles. Tony literally fell down from being juked and his ankle was a tad ginger as he got up. Ankle was obviously fine, but he basically fell over in place from the move that was put on him. It was bad....for TC anyway. GREAT!! for whichever wr it was.
    So far:
    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation, our secondary let us down last year and I hope it will be a different story this year.

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation, our secondary let us down last year and I hope it will be a different story this year.
    Should be because a great secondary comes from the pass rush and it seems like we may have that this year.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

After a few days of training camp? Patience my friend.

He could struggle all year, CB is one of the hardest positions to play as a rookie.

lol at wasted pick after 3 days of TC, please.

Roby is a few days into his first TC, it doesn't sound like he's struggling with the speed or physical aspect.... just is slow breaking down the plays and knowing the audibles. Thats all to be expected, in a months time he will have made strides

I like when rookies struggle, can tell real quick if they are willing to put the work in. Roby is athletically gifted, his success will all come down to work ethic and willingness to soak in instruction.

Sometimes Rookies have success in TC and think it is going to be a walk in the park and get exposed when the games count.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    He could struggle all year, CB is one of the hardest positions to play as a rookie.

lol at wasted pick after 3 days of TC, please.
    Yep.

I didn't understand the Webster bashing last year just because he was up and down. Pretty much every rookie corner in the league struggles. Rhodes did last year and even PP had a pretty poor rookie season (as a corner)

I've noticed they are barely letting Roby do what he does best in TC. He's very good in off coverage, like champ in his prime where he has the speed to let QBs think the wr is open and he jumps the route super fast. It's great they are forcing him to play in way more press man, where he good/ok, but it will get him up to speed faster with Talib, Harris and Webster who can all press.

How impressive was 3rd Round Draft Pick, Kayvon Webster, last year? After a few days of TC, some are saying that Kayvon Webster looks so impressive that he will be one of our starters at cornerback, this year.

Bradley Roby needs to be schooled by our Veterans, and coaching staff, and worked into the lineup, slowly. Roby has a few things going for him that can't be taught, like 4.3-40, and incredible athletic ability from a Top College program. And that hasn't changed since we drafted the guy 3 short months ago.

Frankly, I could care less about what he looks like in the first week of TC when he doesn't have the benefit of long-term knowledge of our Playbook.