Page 1 of 90 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

SD Chargers: the most under-rated team in the NFL

since you donkeys (fans and players alike) are so fixated on the seahawks and last years SB debacle, i'm here to bring you (and the media) back to reality.

since the hiring of Tom Telesco and Mike McCoy a year and a half ago, the charges are the most improved team in the division, and one of the most improved in the NFL.

they went from a team full of older and slower veterans with less talent, to a younger faster and much deeper team in under two years.

on offense San Diego has arguably the deepest running back and TE depth in the league. their WR corp and OL is where they have the least depth but even in those positions they have improved in both talent and scheme.

with the additions of Keenan Allen and Malcom Floyd coming back from a serious neck injury, as well as the quick strike passing attack and the new no huddle approach to the offense MM installed last year, it compliments both those positions even better this season.

on defense we have also upgraded talent across the board in that same time frame. we trimmed the fat by getting rid of older players, players that were apart of the old regime that were just not cutting it (Larry English for example), and have vastly upgraded youth and talent in the secondary.

in just one season we went from having one of the worst talented secondaries i have personally seen, one with very little depth, to a secondary with good talent and a lot of depth IMO.

defense is still a question mark for this team but it for sure looks to be going in the right direction.

yet despite all that......despite the fact that rivers and the San Diego chargers competed with a team that was in rebuild mode after cutting a lot of vets.......competed with Denver, beat them in their house and even went on the road and won a playoff game........they are getting no love from the media or really anyone outside SD.

rivers will have even more control over the offense this year, which will now be no huddle and even more up tempo than it was last year.

rivers and the charges are not on many peoples' radar. the negatives i am seeing media pundits and fans in general argue against them is the fact that they lost Ken Whisenhunt and how people are waiting for them to "revert back to the old chargers".

people in general seem to not really know whats going on in SD and the great job the new chargers regime has done in under two years.

first of all, i think the offense will be more potent this year minus KW, i think losing him is almost a non factor due to the fact that we have rivers and he will be given even more control of the offense this year (as well as the reasons i already mentioned).

second of all, the chargers will never revert back to how they were when norv and AJ were there. if they struggle in any way, it will be for new reasons, not because they are reverting back to the way they were under norv.

that team and offense is long gone and rivers has flourished ever since. another negative i hear from people is we don't have weapons in the passing game......

they simply look at our WR depth and assume that is the case. they say that all we have is Allen but we have Allen, floyd, gates, green, woodhead, Donald brown, and Mathews......all potent weapons in our passing attack.

so i am here to tell you today that the chargers may not be media darlings, few people may have taken notice to how TT has quietly improved this team vastly since getting hired.

but you are all going to find out the hard way and when you do i will be here to remind you!

The San Diego Chargers, your (soon to be) 2014 AFC West Champions!

you disagree? i will sig bet anybody here that does. that goes for you too seahag fans, come on down to the murph in week 2 and get dealt with properly!

Phillip Rivers and the SD chargers are the most under-rated team/QB in the NFL right now and you will all see why soon......

Chart it, graph it, and use advanced metrics so we can understand what the hell you're talking about.

Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

I don't care to forcast what san diego is going to do this year, just as long as they lose every game.

Hmmm.
    Thanks for the info Baph!
    The Raiders this year I think will be slightly better this year, but still have a loosing record.
    I don't see the Chiefs have as good a season as last year. There is no way they are going to be 11-5 again.
    I do see that the Chargers could improve and might do better than their 9-7 record from last year.
    But, the Chargers winning the division?

Quote Originally Posted by VancePants View Post
    I don't care to forcast what san diego is going to do this year, just as long as they lose every game.
    well, at least you are being realistic!

Quote Originally Posted by johntbronco View Post
    Hmmm.
    Thanks for the info Baph!
    The Raiders this year I think will be slightly better this year, but still have a loosing record.
    I don't see the Chiefs have as good a season as last year. There is no way they are going to be 11-5 again.
    I do see that the Chargers could improve and might do better than their 9-7 record from last year.
    But, the Chargers winning the division?
    why is that so hard to believe? the chargers competed with Denver last year and are simply going to be a better team this year. i know that Denver has made improvements on defense but IMO they will take a step back on offense, especially if that running game doesn't produce decently.

Couple moral victories on the horizon this season?

For gambling purposes I do like the looks of some Chargers and Bears games and their (predicted) underdog roles.

I'll take your sig bet.

Broncos will win AFCW

...but I do think SD is looking very solid. Your defense has been at least respectable even before McCoy came to town and I don't see any reason it wont a least hold it's ground rating.

Good Luck

PS I wouldn't be surprised if at least 2 teams come from the AFCW again this season.

you still never answered why is the H yellow in your avatar pic?
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

The Chargers the most under-rated?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Had to think about that a bit...

Maybe.

I think the Chargers are good, McCoy has revived Peelip's career that was nearing DOA.

Keenan Allen is a budding superstar, but not sure how well you will run the ball. LIke some players on defense.

I would argue Baltimore is the most under-rated, but you could make a legit argument for the Boltz.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    why is that so hard to believe? the chargers competed with Denver last year and are simply going to be a better team this year. i know that Denver has made improvements on defense but IMO they will take a step back on offense, especially if that running game doesn't produce decently.
    Yeah, whatever, two years ago, you considered Moreno a huge bust, now you are questioning if we can replace him.

Montee Ball was drafted to do just that.

As a Bronco fan, I saw all I needed to see in the road game at Kansas City last season where Ball rushed for 117 yards, and dominated the second half of that game.

I also saw all I needed to see last night, the Broncos are going to be a better overall running team than last year.

The Broncos have returned to the zone blocking system, and Franklin, Ramirez and Vasquez are HUGE on the interior.

Franklin in particular looks like a force at OG.

The Broncos running game will be just fine, thank you.

since you donkeys (fans and players alike) are so fixated on the seahawks and last years SB debacle, i'm here to bring you (and the media) back to reality.

since the hiring of Tom Telesco and Mike McCoy a year and a half ago, the charges are the most improved team in the division, and one of the most improved in the NFL.

they went from a team full of older and slower veterans with less talent, to a younger faster and much deeper team in under two years.

on offense San Diego has arguably the deepest running back and TE depth in the league. their WR corp and OL is where they have the least depth but even in those positions they have improved in both talent and scheme.

with the additions of Keenan Allen and Malcom Floyd coming back from a serious neck injury, as well as the quick strike passing attack and the new no huddle approach to the offense MM installed last year, it compliments both those positions even better this season.

on defense we have also upgraded talent across the board in that same time frame. we trimmed the fat by getting rid of older players, players that were apart of the old regime that were just not cutting it (Larry English for example), and have vastly upgraded youth and talent in the secondary.

in just one season we went from having one of the worst talented secondaries i have personally seen, one with very little depth, to a secondary with good talent and a lot of depth IMO.

defense is still a question mark for this team but it for sure looks to be going in the right direction.

yet despite all that......despite the fact that rivers and the San Diego chargers competed with a team that was in rebuild mode after cutting a lot of vets.......competed with Denver, beat them in their house and even went on the road and won a playoff game........they are getting no love from the media or really anyone outside SD.

rivers will have even more control over the offense this year, which will now be no huddle and even more up tempo than it was last year.

rivers and the charges are not on many peoples' radar. the negatives i am seeing media pundits and fans in general argue against them is the fact that they lost Ken Whisenhunt and how people are waiting for them to "revert back to the old chargers".

people in general seem to not really know whats going on in SD and the great job the new chargers regime has done in under two years.

first of all, i think the offense will be more potent this year minus KW, i think losing him is almost a non factor due to the fact that we have rivers and he will be given even more control of the offense this year (as well as the reasons i already mentioned).

second of all, the chargers will never revert back to how they were when norv and AJ were there. if they struggle in any way, it will be for new reasons, not because they are reverting back to the way they were under norv.

that team and offense is long gone and rivers has flourished ever since. another negative i hear from people is we don't have weapons in the passing game......

they simply look at our WR depth and assume that is the case. they say that all we have is Allen but we have Allen, floyd, gates, green, woodhead, Donald brown, and Mathews......all potent weapons in our passing attack.

so i am here to tell you today that the chargers may not be media darlings, few people may have taken notice to how TT has quietly improved this team vastly since getting hired.

but you are all going to find out the hard way and when you do i will be here to remind you!

The San Diego Chargers, your (soon to be) 2014 AFC West Champions!

you disagree? i will sig bet anybody here that does. that goes for you too seahag fans, come on down to the murph in week 2 and get dealt with properly!

Phillip Rivers and the SD chargers are the most under-rated team/QB in the NFL right now and you will all see why soon.....

If you replace EVERYTHING chargers related with the Broncos...thats players front office EVERYTHING then that book you wrote will be true..lol I would try top rebut in more detail but the Chargers are simply not worth the effort...

I have heard of teams going from worst to first but most over rated to most underrated.......thats a new one
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-08-2014 at 09:47 PM.
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

It's probably residue from the 5+ years where San Diego was annually overrated. How many years did we hear that they had "the most talented team in the NFL" only for them to not do anything of note? Peter King (who's awful) was always all over them I remember one week after a loss that pushed them around .500 he kept them in the top 3 or 4 of his fine 15 with the explanation of "on a neutral field in Wichita, this team is unbeatable" of course failing to mention that the loss they day before was at home.

It'll be interesting to see how the loss of Ken Whisenhunt will affect them, Rivers had a massive bounce back with him, can he sustain that with Frank Reich running the O?

I was one of the few people on here who accurately predicted the Chargers record and the fact theyld be a wild card seed. Yet this year I just dont see it happening they have a much harder schedule and just because Rivers had 1 season where they didnt want to make a smore out of him does not mean you will repeat that success. We are a better team now, weve improved more. Barring major injury you will not to do much next year. 7-9 is your record and you will just barely miss the playoffs. We wont be going 13-3 again though I doubt we lose more then 5 games so once again Eddy Royal wont know what its like being on the winning side of our so called rivalry

Quote Originally Posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
    Yeah, whatever, two years ago, you considered Moreno a huge bust, now you are questioning if we can replace him.

Montee Ball was drafted to do just that.

As a Bronco fan, I saw all I needed to see in the road game at Kansas City last season where Ball rushed for 117 yards, and dominated the second half of that game.

I also saw all I needed to see last night, the Broncos are going to be a better overall running team than last year.

The Broncos have returned to the zone blocking system, and Franklin, Ramirez and Vasquez are HUGE on the interior.

Franklin in particular looks like a force at OG.

The Broncos running game will be just fine, thank you.
    To be fair the Broncos have run the zone blocking system since Fox came here and brought Dave Magazu with him to coach the o-line. All teams seem to run a hybrid these days of zone plays (inside, outside and stretch) and then man blocking plays with pulling o-linemen (power, counter, traps) the only one who seems to stick with a full man blocking system is Norv Turner.

Now with that being said the o-line looked to be getting much better push last night with the linemen getting off the double teams to the second level having Claddy back and moving Franklin to LG should provide huge holes on the left side.

1-4 against denver since manning took over ...our line is better now then it was last yr...our running game will be better and we will be more commited to it...moreno was a bust remember bap

I believe we will be very good passing with dt emerging as the elite wr in the west, sanders will take stretch the defense as decker never could , and i believe everyone will soon know who latimer is...jt is heads above the current gates and will only be better

Then our defense...with von matched with ware... wolfe back...sly ,vick , pot roast will be the best interior dl in the west
    Not to forget moore and ward with a healthy harris and talib

A already better team only got better and bap thinks they improved enough to unseat us

Nah