Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    An End Zone Near You
    Posts
    16,161

    First 11 players Cut

    LB Jamar Chaney 5 Mississippi State Terminated/Injured
    RB Brennan Clay R Oklahoma Waived
    WR Greg Hardin R North Dakota Waived
    LB Jerrell Harris 1 Alabama Waived
    T Winston Justice 9 USC Released
    S Charles Mitchell 2 Mississippi State Waived
    DT Will Pericak 1 Colorado Waived
    QB Bryn Renner R North Carolina Waived
    DE Chase Vaughn R CSU-Pueblo Waived/Injured
    RB Jerodis Williams 1 Furman Waived
    WR Greg Wilson 1 Fordham Waived

    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,502

    First cuts.

    August 24, 2014 Cuts

    POS PLAYER EXP COLLEGE TRANSACTION

    LB Jamar Chaney 5 Mississippi State Terminated/Injured
    RB Brennan Clay R Oklahoma Waived
    WR Greg Hardin R North Dakota Waived
    LB Jerrell Harris 1 Alabama Waived
    T Winston Justice 9 USC Released
    S Charles Mitchell 2 Mississippi State Waived
    DT Will Pericak 1 Colorado Waived
    QB Bryn Renner R North Carolina Waived
    DE Chase Vaughn R CSU-Pueblo Waived/Injured
    RB Jerodis Williams 1 Furman Waived
    WR Greg Wilson 1 Fordham Waived

    http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...9-0911908990c5

    Minus maybe Justice, no real surprises.

    The one to 53, ugh......

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oh Yea...Right there!
    Posts
    7,315
    Kind of surprised by Justice. Not shocked, but it seems he has been around for quite a while.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    Kind of surprised by Justice. Not shocked, but it seems he has been around for quite a while.
    I'm a little surprised too, figured he would at least be some depth at tackle.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    Posts
    10,038
    Little suprised about Winston Justice and Perichek going so early.

    Where is your source from this info?
    (nevermind: I found the info on denverbroncos.com)
    Last edited by johntbronco; 08-24-2014 at 06:18 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,448
    I wish Renner got more of a shot. He was projected to be a 1st/2nd rounder before he got injured.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    642
    Great job evauluating the talent this year. Not surprised one bit by any of these cuts.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,502
    Quote Originally Posted by housemouse View Post
    I wish Renner got more of a shot. He was projected to be a 1st/2nd rounder before he got injured.
    I'm a UNC fan, no he wasnt.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,502
    Quote Originally Posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
    I'm a little surprised too, figured he would at least be some depth at tackle.
    Probably means they like Cornick/Schofield more at backup T.

    Painter even as well.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oh Yea...Right there!
    Posts
    7,315
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Probably means they like Cornick/Schofield more at backup T.

    Painter even as well.
    Which is good news, we upgraded over a guy with 9-years.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Muscatine, Iowa
    Posts
    15,051
    No real surprises here. The writing was on the wall for Justice last night when he didn't play. Cornick can go back to the practice squad, Schofield is the 3rd pick so he was a lock and Painter is playing guard and has dabbed at tackle. Still 2 more cuts to come before Tuesday.

    2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,502
    Quote Originally Posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    No real surprises here. The writing was on the wall for Justice last night when he didn't play. Cornick can go back to the practice squad, Schofield is the 3rd pick so he was a lock and Painter is playing guard and has dabbed at tackle. Still 2 more cuts to come before Tuesday.
    Think they may keep 9 OL.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    E-arth
    Posts
    15,349
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Probably means they like Cornick/Schofield more at backup T.

    Painter even as well.
    Don't know what the coaches think, but I recall Clady speaking very highly of Schofield.
    As a Michigan naive and fan, I can say Schofield has a lot of potential, great work ethic, and a good player.

    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,502
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Don't know what the coaches think, but I recall Clady speaking very highly of Schofield.
    As a Michigan naive and fan, I can say Schofield has a lot of potential, great work ethic, and a good player.
    He did but he's not ready right now.

    Needs to get stronger.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    He did but he's not ready right now.

    Needs to get stronger.
    I agree, the team has no time to wait for him stronger

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •