Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Think they may keep 9 OL.
    I think so too. It will probably come down to Cornick or Garland, the loser going to the practice squad

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    Kind of surprised by Justice. Not shocked, but it seems he has been around for quite a while.
    Not sure Abiut the last game but what else I've seen of him with as much experience as he has, he was lost and whiffing on running blocks and pass protection not much better.

That surprises me only because it was not earlier so he could MAYBE catch on as a BaCKUP on some bottom feeder.

He did but he's not ready right now.

Needs to get stronger.
    Why do they need him right now?

They need him next year franklin keaves as UFA or after clark leaves after 2015.

Unless there is an injury he has plenty of time.

Most fans are of the impression this the old broncos under shanahan, McD or early in the Fox regime where we needed talent to be drafted and start RIGHT now.

This team is deep with startling talent and John has built it such that we will have talented rookies (cheap contracts) in the pipeline at all times to replace those players that we will ultimately lose to bottom feeders when their rookie contracts run out.
    Some of those rookies we will decide to pay if their demands are not on the moon and some we will allow to move in because their replacements are on the shelf so to speak.

Guys that have a couple years as a backup, that have had a chance to get up to speed for the NFL, build up their college strength to NFL level, all along learning the work ethic it takes to be the best ,

Getting the coaching from some of the best IF not the best positions coaches in the NFL.
    Clark Garland and a half dozen others are in those catagories. Loads of potential just raw or like Garland learning a completely new position.

Not many teams can afford to do that, it is all Johns policy of building via the draft, I suspect very soon that less and less need for bringing in players like War, ware and sanders because we will have developed players on the bench to step in when very good to great player depart for bottom feeders.

Remember folks Oakland is going to have some 30 million more FA money next year than we will. Yes I know who wants to pay for them? Lots of players will make the move for an additional 5-10 mil.

Which they would spend in a heart beat to weaken us and strengthen them by taking a player like DT from us.

Also in 2016 as of right now the chargers will have about 43 mil more than than we do and the chefs right behind with 37mil.

Wanna bet how many Broncos go to those teams?
    Last edited by Garfield; 08-25-2014 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    No real surprises here. The writing was on the wall for Justice last night when he didn't play. Cornick can go back to the practice squad, Schofield is the 3rd pick so he was a lock and Painter is playing guard and has dabbed at tackle. Still 2 more cuts to come before Tuesday.
    Cornick may make the roster. If they go 9 OL, it might be: Clady, Franklin, Ramirez, Vasquez, Clark, Montgomery, Schofield, Garland and Cornick. Painter might end up on the PS. Or, it could be Cornick on PS and Painter on the roster, I guess.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Only real surprise to me is Clay, I thought he was looking good.

Hillman is one of those annoying players who doesn't show anything but hangs around due to his draft position

What is it that we don't see in Hillman ? There must be something the coaches see that we can't. I sure hope he has a great year. Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Playsmart View Post
    What is it that we don't see in Hillman ? There must be something the coaches see that we can't. I sure hope he has a great year. Good luck to him.
    Draft position.

Lets be real here. If he was an undrafted back there's no way he would still be on this roster. I still think he gets cut

Mildly surprised at Mitchell, who played well most of the time.

I noticed none of the CBs were cut. I'm beginning to like Sullen. He's always right on his man in pass coverage.

I'm a UNC fan, no he wasnt.
    I've been following him since high school, yes he was.

"itís feasible that Renner could be selected in the first round of the 2014 NFL Draft."

"2014 NFL Draft Projection: Second Round"

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/0...outing-report/

"NFL Media draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah had Renner as the No. 3 senior quarterback in the nation and the No. 27 overall player heading into the season."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...houlder-injury

"At the time, Renner was rated among the top 10 professional quarterback prospects"

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/regardl...ure-/13614138/

"many NFL scouts were looking at him as a 1st round talent."

http://topsportsreport.com/scoresnfl...pparent-at-qb/

Quote Originally Posted by housemouse View Post
    I've been following him since high school, yes he was.

"itís feasible that Renner could be selected in the first round of the 2014 NFL Draft."

"2014 NFL Draft Projection: Second Round"

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/0...outing-report/

"NFL Media draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah had Renner as the No. 3 senior quarterback in the nation and the No. 27 overall player heading into the season."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...houlder-injury

"At the time, Renner was rated among the top 10 professional quarterback prospects"

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/regardl...ure-/13614138/

"many NFL scouts were looking at him as a 1st round talent."

http://topsportsreport.com/scoresnfl...pparent-at-qb/
    I'd CP you if I could ,but it is not a available on mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Only real surprise to me is Clay, I thought he was looking good.

Hillman is one of those annoying players who doesn't show anything but hangs around due to his draft position
    I agree with you on Hillman. And to think I was really excited when we drafted him, but all he does is frustrate me every time he plays.

I disagree on Clay though. He hasn't had much of a chance or time to do anything with the Oline he played behind, but I didn't think he looked good or impressive at all, so I wasn't surprised he got cut.

So are we at 75 players now or are there more cuts coming?

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel23 View Post
    Great job evauluating the talent this year. Not surprised one bit by any of these cuts.
    +1 I thought the same thing when I saw the names.

Quote Originally Posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    So are we at 75 players now or are there more cuts coming?
    Yes. The roster has seventy-five with three on IR. The rest of the cuts down to fifty-three and the formation of the PS will occur after Thursday night's games.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus