Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    absolutely
    Me too. It isn't logical to have a DT on the roster in the 2nd year of a $5m contract that isn't going to start.

Quote Originally Posted by capt. Jack View Post
    We don't want to lose Zackie, do we?
    (We will need him and Oz eventually?)
    Better to have a 2 QB system when you have depth at other positions. Zack isn't needed and is very very replaceable.
    Best to give his roster spot to someone on defense or on offensive line.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Better to have a 2 QB system when you have depth at other positions. Zack isn't needed and is very very replaceable.
    Best to give his roster spot to someone on defense or on offensive line.
    and what happens when the #1 QB goes down??? who could he be replaced by so easily?

Not saying he is great but Os hasn't proven anything yet and depth at QB is just as important as other positions.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 08-30-2014 at 09:40 AM.

Update: Kevin Vickerson has been cut...

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis
    OL Vinston Painter has been waived. Figures to be strong practice squad candidate.

and what happens when the #1 QB goes down??? who could he be replaced by so easily?

Not saying he is great but Os hasn't proven anything yet and depth at QB is just as important as other positions.
    If Manning goes down Oz goes in. Oz has looked good this preseason and is improving every year all without even playing with the 1st team, but our shaky back up line. Zack isn't a better option than Oz.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Quote Originally Posted by cmc0605 View Post
    Update: Kevin Vickerson has been cut...
    Wow.....I guess I haven't been in the loop of late, but I thought Vick was one of our mainstays. Must mean our other DTs are playing good ball!

Here's a quote from Legwold and Schefter:

The Broncos' depth in the defensive line, some concern over Vickerson's ability to stay on the field through the season and the increasingly snug fit of their salary cap forced the Broncos' hand on a player who started 41 games for the team over the last four seasons.

Good luck Vick!!!
    Last edited by CanDB; 08-30-2014 at 09:50 AM.

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    I love Big Vick, but he made way too much money for the role he was going to play in the defense this year. It's the smart move.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    If Manning goes down Oz goes in. Oz has looked good this preseason and is improving every year all without even playing with the 1st team, but our shaky back up line. Zack isn't a better option than Oz.
    the point was if manning goes down and all there is behind him is Os...who becomes the backup? someone off the street?

I wonder if we'll be seeing Big Vick in a chargers uniform this season.

the point was if manning goes down and all there is behind him is Os...who becomes the backup? someone off the street?
    If Zack can't be put on the practice squad, I'm sure there is a UDFA who can be.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

if os had to come in. then we are in trouble as it is. dysert isnt going to make a difference. heck a third qb wont make the difference. its up to manning then os.

so yes you sign someone

Broncos have 2 years invested in Dysert , everybody thinks manning is about to step down but what if he doesent? no way they can keep Oz unless he decides to sit on the bench with a small pay check, you got to keep Dysert in order to cover your butt and i think Elway knows this
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Broncos are all about SB this year.If we are down to our 3rd qb who cares let a fan be it.Lol.Better to have another body on the Oline or Dline.Hopefully Zac goes to PS.

Quote Originally Posted by maggnus View Post
    Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis
    OL Vinston Painter has been waived. Figures to be strong practice squad candidate.
    I think the writing was on the wall with Vick, unfortunately. He has so much playing time in the last preseason game, I knew it was coming. Now I expect Unrein to get the axe too.