Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 44
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2
    Hi Jwinn! Thanks much! Any other recommendations for things to do (or not do lol) places to eat,etc? We're flying in on Thursday night and heading back east Monday afternoon. I really appreciate your help. Can be tough navigating an unfamiliar place sometimes.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Manning's girl View Post
    Hi Jwinn! Thanks much! Any other recommendations for things to do (or not do lol) places to eat,etc? We're flying in on Thursday night and heading back east Monday afternoon. I really appreciate your help. Can be tough navigating an unfamiliar place sometimes.
    Before it's posted.

    One place you should really avoid, unless you have small children (10 & under), is Casa Bonita.

    It's a landmark in Denver, and it IS a pretty cool place for kids, but it's not very good food. Almost any other mexican restaurant, with the exception of chains, will be a better option. The smaller places are better for Mexican food in Denver. And we have a ton of great authentic Mexican places.

    Be careful though. Like anywhere, if it looks bad…...

    Are you on foot, close to downtown (the stadium), or renting a car?



  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Ducktown,Tennessee
    Posts
    29
    The first Bronco game I watched was in Atlanta Fulton County stadium on September 22 1985. It was a fun game,the Broncos smoked the Falcons 44-28.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    4
    Hi JWinn! Seems like you're the ambassador for the newbies. Much appreciated!

    Long time Broncos fan making my first trip to Denver for the 12/7 game against the Bills. SOoo excited for the opportunity to watch a game amidst a sea of orange vs. being the lone orange (or blue) island in a hostile stadium. I've got two boys raised in orange and a loving wife who tolerates our craziness. All are making the trip and we want to make the most of it. I'm hoping you or someone else can help with a couple of questions

    1) We definitely want the full game day experience and are hoping to join a tailgate somewhere. Where would you suggest we look? I'd be more than happy to contribute ($).

    2) Staying in a downtown hotel. What's the best way to get to and from the stadium? light rail?

    3) First trip to Denver. Other than the Broncos game, what is a 'must see' for a family from the east coast? We have some time to potentially site-see on Saturday.

    Thanks for the help.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,001
    Quote Originally Posted by dwarethevonster View Post
    Hi JWinn! Seems like you're the ambassador for the newbies. Much appreciated!

    Long time Broncos fan making my first trip to Denver for the 12/7 game against the Bills. SOoo excited for the opportunity to watch a game amidst a sea of orange vs. being the lone orange (or blue) island in a hostile stadium. I've got two boys raised in orange and a loving wife who tolerates our craziness. All are making the trip and we want to make the most of it. I'm hoping you or someone else can help with a couple of questions

    1) We definitely want the full game day experience and are hoping to join a tailgate somewhere. Where would you suggest we look? I'd be more than happy to contribute ($).

    2) Staying in a downtown hotel. What's the best way to get to and from the stadium? light rail?

    3) First trip to Denver. Other than the Broncos game, what is a 'must see' for a family from the east coast? We have some time to potentially site-see on Saturday.

    Thanks for the help.
    No problem, dware!

    Your family should start at the SOUTH end of the stadium. There's a huge party on that end thats right on the edge of the bulk of the tailgating. As you look uphill, to the West, you'll see all the RV's in lot C, and more tailgate parties all thru the lots on the stadiums West side.

    If your standing on the walkway in front of the store, looking out over it all, you'll have several choices of where to go. Lots of family friendly stuff. As the first post indicated though, your participation in other's tailgating is mostly dependent on you.

    As to how to get there from Downtown. Really I would suggest you ask your hotel for the best option. Be it a cab or a shuttle of some kind, or the rail if it's worth it. The stadium is very close to downtown, and it might take longer to use the rail system than just take a cab.

    What to see in Denver? Hmmmmm…. lol

    It really depends on what your family likes to do. The mountains are the first thing I usually suggest, as they are really our big "must see" feature. Pikes peak, Buffalo Bills Grave, that kind of stuff. But the mountains, just about anything there, is a full day trip.

    As your doing something more for YOU on Sunday, , maybe a shopping trip on Saturday for HER would make the trip complete, lol.

    Cherry Creek shopping center is not far from Downtown. A day there on Saturday, followed by dinner at Elways to get you guys really ready for Sunday might do nicely.

    But that could be a very expensive day, to put it mildly.

    Hope that helps!


  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1
    Hi! Another Broncos fan coming to see them play on Sunday November 23 and to say I am stoked is putting it midly! Coming from Canada! And my very lovely brother bought me tickets for my birthday (even though he is a Giant's fan so that is a great gift!)
    Saw the tailgating info and the autograph info. Can you clarify for me exactly where to go/stand? And the best time to do so?
    Also - could you recommend a nice restaurant for Sunday night after the game?
    And finally doing the stadium tour on Monday - anything else Bronco we should do?
    Thanks so much!
    Looking forward to buying a few more Bronco items even though I am fully kitted out.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    4
    Thanks for the feedback, JWinn. Start at the South end and find adventure from there. I'm sure we can make that work.

    As for the sights... I am renting a car so a trip to the mountains is a possibility. I know it's too early for forecasts but generally how's the weather in early DEC?

    Got to have dinner at Elway's one night

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,001
    Quote Originally Posted by LeslieC View Post
    Hi! Another Broncos fan coming to see them play on Sunday November 23 and to say I am stoked is putting it midly! Coming from Canada! And my very lovely brother bought me tickets for my birthday (even though he is a Giant's fan so that is a great gift!)
    Saw the tailgating info and the autograph info. Can you clarify for me exactly where to go/stand? And the best time to do so?
    Also - could you recommend a nice restaurant for Sunday night after the game?
    And finally doing the stadium tour on Monday - anything else Bronco we should do?
    Thanks so much!
    Looking forward to buying a few more Bronco items even though I am fully kitted out.
    As I posted before, Elway's is a great place to dine. It IS expensive, but worth it. I've seen players go there after the games.

    However, that's not the place to ask for an autograph.

    Where to stand? For autos?

    Well, in the Mile High Village thing, there will be a table with signs, and they will form a line right there. Ask any of the attendants there if you can't find it, but it should be right there, easy to find.

    For the current players, I don't know if I can help any more than what I originally posted. They line up along the path the players use to their parking lot, and that's where all that happens. As to where exactly to stand, I have no idea, sorry.

    If you guys want to find something Broncos that's not really a shirt, or the usual stuff they sell at the stadium, maybe something more collectible, a signed ball or something, you might want to go down to Bills Sportcards in Broadway. It's a store that has far, FAR more than just sports cards.

    You could pick up a signed Craig Morton jersey, or something else vintage like that.

    The place is like a museum. Except you can touch and take it all & take it home, lol.

    Somewhere I always just enjoy being in, even if I am not buying anything.



  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,001
    Quote Originally Posted by dwarethevonster View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, JWinn. Start at the South end and find adventure from there. I'm sure we can make that work.

    As for the sights... I am renting a car so a trip to the mountains is a possibility. I know it's too early for forecasts but generally how's the weather in early DEC?

    Got to have dinner at Elway's one night

    The car makes it all closer. You options are limitless.

    Yeah, I like to suggest you start on the South end. If you go to the team store, you'll see as you walk out, the big party on your left, and the parking tailgaters on your right. The parking swings around the West side to the North, where the Mile HIgh Village is inside the stadium. Tents, Rv's everywhere.

    But there just seems to be so much more partying on the South. More organized stuff as well as bigger and more organized tailgates.

    Have fun!


  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    4
    With my first trip fast approaching I had another question about what you take into the stadium. I assume you can bring cameras but hoping someone can confirm. Also, a couple of my family members are Gluten-free. Can they bring in some food? Are there food vendors inside that can accommodate dietary stuff like GF?

    Weather is looking good for Sunday! Go Broncos

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,001
    Yep! You can bring in a camera.

    Just nothing "professional" looking. No giant lenses, or big movie cameras. I take my little camera every game, and my larger old Nikon once in a while. No problem.

    In todays world where a phone is a camera, that's what most people have anyway. Almost everyone that asks me to take pictures of them out on the patio hand me a phone. Don't see too many actual cameras today. lol

    I called and asked about food. You CAN bring in food, it just has to be in the clear bag like everything else.

    I am told if I wanted to, I could actually stop at McDonalds (an example) and as long as I can show what it is, and it's not like a buffet feast, lol, there should be no problem. Just take it out of the paper sack, and clear bag it.

    He wasn't sure about GF, and I honestly don't know myself, but we think there are a few options. I seem to recall a little GF on a few menu items at some of the various kiosks. Like a little chile logo on spicy items at mexican places.

    You'll be turned back if you have a huge 10 pound zoom lens, and a 10 pound turkey to match, haha, but a small bag of food and a normal camera, and you should be just fine.

    Have fun!


  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Southwestern Ontario
    Posts
    5

    Wink This weekend

    Hi everyone.

    I used to post on this message board often - then 8 years ago we had our first kid. Three kids later, and here I am looking forward to a weekend away from them and creating a new username to get some tips.

    Like so many others, headed into Denver for my first Broncos game. Been a fan since I little boy seeing them get crushed by the 49ers... heart went out to them - what can I say?

    Anyways, flying in on Saturday and I have a few questions - first, where should be go on Saturday night to soak up the pre-game atmosphere? Not into fancy restaurants - this is my brother and I's pilgrimage for his 40th birthday - we like microbrews, pubs, that sort of stuff. We are staying at the Residence Inn on Zunni Street - from what I understand a stumble from the stadium.

    Also, assuming we can still walk after the game, where do we go to watch the night game? Assuming we can take this one, that will be a hell of a fun game to watch. Whether it's the Pats or the Chargers that go down, this should mean good things.....

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Pretty excited.....

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hampshire,england
    Posts
    11,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Olivier View Post
    Hi everyone.

    I used to post on this message board often - then 8 years ago we had our first kid. Three kids later, and here I am looking forward to a weekend away from them and creating a new username to get some tips.

    Like so many others, headed into Denver for my first Broncos game. Been a fan since I little boy seeing them get crushed by the 49ers... heart went out to them - what can I say?

    Anyways, flying in on Saturday and I have a few questions - first, where should be go on Saturday night to soak up the pre-game atmosphere? Not into fancy restaurants - this is my brother and I's pilgrimage for his 40th birthday - we like microbrews, pubs, that sort of stuff. We are staying at the Residence Inn on Zunni Street - from what I understand a stumble from the stadium.

    Also, assuming we can still walk after the game, where do we go to watch the night game? Assuming we can take this one, that will be a hell of a fun game to watch. Whether it's the Pats or the Chargers that go down, this should mean good things.....

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Pretty excited.....
    When I've been there are 2 places I love eating at -

    http://www.williegs.com/ ..... 1585 Lawrence St, Denver

    http://www.gomongo.com/ ............ 1620 Wazee St, Denver

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    Posts
    2,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Olivier View Post
    Hi everyone.

    I used to post on this message board often - then 8 years ago we had our first kid. Three kids later, and here I am looking forward to a weekend away from them and creating a new username to get some tips.

    Like so many others, headed into Denver for my first Broncos game. Been a fan since I little boy seeing them get crushed by the 49ers... heart went out to them - what can I say?

    Anyways, flying in on Saturday and I have a few questions - first, where should be go on Saturday night to soak up the pre-game atmosphere? Not into fancy restaurants - this is my brother and I's pilgrimage for his 40th birthday - we like microbrews, pubs, that sort of stuff. We are staying at the Residence Inn on Zunni Street - from what I understand a stumble from the stadium.

    Also, assuming we can still walk after the game, where do we go to watch the night game? Assuming we can take this one, that will be a hell of a fun game to watch. Whether it's the Pats or the Chargers that go down, this should mean good things.....

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Pretty excited.....
    Hey there Olivier! You are staying really close to the Highlands area which is kind of the hip new spot in Denver right now. For food on Saturday there is a place called Highland Tap and Burger about .5 miles (10 minute walk) from where you are that is awesome great burgers and beer selection! Here is a link to their site http://highlandtapdenver.com/

    For Micro Breweries around you HogsHead is really close and they have great beer. Here is their site http://www.hogsheadbrewery.com/ I think they will be about 1.7 miles or so from your hotel (super cheap cab ride) Or a short walk.

    Oh one more thing you are literally right next to one of My favorite Mexican Restaurants in Denver La Loma. They make their own tortillas and I have never had bad food there. It should take you less than 5 minutes to walk to it. If you want to experience good Colorado Mexican food I cant recommend it highly enough.

    I don't know of any Saturday that does a broncos party per say. Sorry about that!

    Hope this helps!
    Last edited by 86Elwayfan; 12-03-2014 at 09:11 AM.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Southwestern Ontario
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
    Hey there Olivier! You are staying really close to the Highlands area which is kind of the hip new spot in Denver right now. For food on Saturday there is a place called Highland Tap and Burger about .5 miles (10 minute walk) from where you are that is awesome great burgers and beer selection! Here is a link to their site http://highlandtapdenver.com/

    For Micro Breweries around you HogsHead is really close and they have great beer. Here is their site http://www.hogsheadbrewery.com/ I think they will be about 1.7 miles or so from your hotel (super cheap cab ride) Or a short walk.

    Oh one more thing you are literally right next to one of My favorite Mexican Restaurants in Denver La Loma. They make their own tortillas and I have never had bad food there. It should take you less than 5 minutes to walk to it. If you want to experience good Colorado Mexican food I cant recommend it highly enough.

    I don't know of any Saturday that does a broncos party per say. Sorry about that!

    Hope this helps!
    Fantastic. Thank you so much for the help.
    I've been searching around online and had noticed Highland Tap and was definitely planning on heading there. Also found Amato's Ale House and Denver Beer Company which seemed nearby. Also a little place called the Monkey Barrel Bar which seemed to have a cool concept going. Any opinions on any of those places?

    We'll definitely check out La Loma - had noticed it on the map but couldn't find too many details.

    Is it worth us walking over to 16th Street Mall or is that just alot of trouble for nothing? I do know it would take a good 40 minutes to walk there or from what I understand a quick cab ride.

    Thanks again for the help!

    Oli

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •