Page 147 of 147 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147
Results 2,191 to 2,204 of 2204
    Considering that two of our best defensive players are seeing the first real action since getting season injury last year and this is the first game of the season, I think we did alright. Yes, Fox if real conservative but live with it, he always has been and still has led two separate teams to the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Seriously? Take that crap out of here...Be positive about this sorry excuse for a win all you want. We have plenty of reason to be frustrated and annoyed about being up 24-0 and almost losing...And it all starts and ends with coaching. If this was the first time I'd seen something like this out of this team that'd be one thing. But since Fox has been here this has happened on many occasions. We get a big lead, take the foot off the gas and start cruising, the momentum swings drastically to the other team and then we struggle to regain any momentum and save the game.

This game should have been over in the 3rd or 4th quarter, but instead Fox hangs out in prevent and lets the other team come back. We have good reason to be a tad bit upset with the garbage second half showing this team gave us.
    Agreed, most frustrating win ever. It illustrates that fox learned absolutely nothing from prior failures. This "playing the odds crap is getting beyond old."

But see, that's the thing. It's really not. We've seen this same story play out over and over since Fox came here....We let off the gas and let teams that should be out of games back in. Just like we did Vs the ravens in the playoffs....Fox needs to learn how to play 4 quarters of digressive football and quit letting teams back in like this.
    Which is odd because of Fox's comments at the half. When he said "They're going to expect us to run the ball". So....y'all ran the ball. Not sure why it went down like that. I understand your concern. It's a curious thing.

Quote Originally Posted by one_bad_55 View Post
    If I was Elway I would start questioning our O-Line coach. Our o-line is pretty bad right now.
    Still my #1 concern with this team. Was not particularly happy with how it was "addressed" in this years draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Kansas Bob View Post
    Considering that two of our best defensive players are seeing the first real action since getting season injury last year and this is the first game of the season, I think we did alright. Yes, Fox if real conservative but live with it, he always has been and still has led two separate teams to the Super Bowl.
    Two super bowl losses, changes the context a bit right?

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    The Colts beat us last year. Our defense made some amazing plays that they would not have made last year, and we absolutely, unequivocally, deserved to win that game >.>

The refs extended two of their drives that resulted in points. It wasn't nearly as close as it looked.

We didn't let off the gas or get conservative either. Manning missed throws and receivers dropped balls. Not that sure what game ya'll were watching.

Quote Originally Posted by ruksak View Post
    Which is odd because of Fox's comments at the half. When he said "They're going to expect us to run the ball". So....y'all ran the ball. Not sure why it went down like that. I understand your concern. It's a curious thing.
    Right? It's like hey, lets take a great first half and completely abandon it to play conservative just like everyone expects us to do. It's the one thing that frustrates me most about Fox and Gase. We get a lead and they get stupid with their playcalling.

Wish Cody coulda got some PT.

But see, that's the thing. It's really not. We've seen this same story play out over and over since Fox came here....We let off the gas and let teams that should be out of games back in. Just like we did Vs the ravens in the playoffs....Fox needs to learn how to play 4 quarters of aggressive football and quit letting teams back in like this.
    If teams had to fight their way back into games it wouldn't be so frustrating. Against us they don't have to fight back into the game, they just have to show up and recieve the opportunities we lay out for them on both sides of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    The Colts beat us last year. Our defense made some amazing plays that they would not have made last year, and we absolutely, unequivocally, deserved to win that game >.>

The refs extended two of their drives that resulted in points. It wasn't nearly as close as it looked.

We didn't let off the gas or get conservative either. Manning missed throws and receivers dropped balls. Not that sure what game ya'll were watching.
    Yep that goal line stand and 2 picks by Moore were the difference. The only thing I saw lacking on defense tonight was not being able to get pressure rushing just 4. That is a bit concerning with Ware, Miller and with the advantage of not really having to worry about them trying to run it. Hopefully Miller will step up his play but I think Del Rio should have done more blitzing to try and disrupt Luck.
    ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    If teams had to fight their way back into games it wouldn't be so frustrating. Against us they don't have to fight back into the game, they just have to show up and recieve the opportunities we lay out for them on both sides of the ball.
    EXACTLY.....They didn't play their way back in we let them back in by handing them chance after chance.

The biggest issue is we just abandoned attacking the QB once we had a big lead, by the time we started trying to attack the QB again the momentum was so far on the side of Indy that they were playing to win and we were fighting to survive...We gotta quit letting our opponents stay in games and finish them.

EXACTLY.....They didn't play their way back in we let them back in by handing them chance after chance.

The biggest issue is we just abandoned attacking the QB once we had a big lead, by the time we started trying to attack the QB again the momentum was so far on the side of Indy that they were playing to win and we were fighting to survive...We gotta quit letting our opponents stay in games and finish them.
    It isn't talent thats the issue. You all are right, it is coaching. Yeah we missed some plays, but coaching has ultimately killed us. Everyone doesn't need to be reminded of the Ravens game 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazindro View Post
    It isn't talent thats the issue. You all are right, it is coaching. Yeah we missed some plays, but coaching has ultimately killed us. Everyone doesn't need to be reminded of the Ravens game 2 years ago.
    I'm reminded of it everytime we have a lead because we start playing by the exact same gameplan we had during that game.

You would think after several years of this happening Fox would learn a thing or two about how to coach a team that is leading.

I'm reminded of it everytime we have a lead because we start playing by the exact same gameplan we had during that game.

You would think after several years of this happening Fox would learn a thing or two about how to coach a team that is leading.
    One would hope. Maybe our talent can overcome it this year if we make the SB, but will see. Lets hope for the best!