Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Anyone that sees this and thinks it's an accident, is lying to themselves and everyone else.

Of course he meant to hurdle him, but realized he couldn't make it and he stuffed his foot into the kickers face with force. You can see Brown push his leg straight.

He did that on purpose. If you think otherwise, you're naive or something.
    Last edited by ruksak; 09-08-2014 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ruksak View Post
    Anyone that sees this and thinks it's an accident, is lying to themselves and everyone else.

Of course he meant to hurdle him, but realized he couldn't make it and he stuffed his foot into the kickers face with force. You can see Brown push his leg straight.

He did that on purpose. If you think otherwise, you're naive or something.
    Right, he tried to hurdle him and it went wrong. So.... tell me again how is this malicious? He mis-timed his jump and used his momentum to push the kicker down via his leg. It worked perfectly.

ARe you actually suggesting on a play where he had a chance to take it to the house he decided, "NAAA, I am gonna stomp this kicker in the face instead of going for the TD!"
    Going on record saying I love our off season coaching hires.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post
    Right, he tried to hurdle him and it went wrong. So.... tell me again how is this malicious? He mis-timed his jump and used his momentum to push the kicker down via his leg. It worked perfectly.

ARe you actually suggesting on a play where he had a chance to take it to the house he decided, "NAAA, I am gonna stomp this kicker in the face instead of going for the TD!"
    exactly!...

of course he had to straighten his leg. thats what you do have you do hurdles. watching track is easy to see that.

the guy was in front of his leg. what was he suppose to do? keep his leg bent and hit him in the chest w his knee potentially causing injury to himself since its an awkward landing?

What is absolutely amazing to me is the number of people who see this as just business as usual. Football players get kicked in the face all the time and no big deal. In my opinion this is clearly an attempt by one player to injure another and the interpretation that it was just part of the play is ludicrous.
    Il a été soit couché ou alors qu'il est étendu maintenant.

Quote Originally Posted by Larryh View Post
    What is absolutely amazing to me is the number of people who see this as just business as usual. Football players get kicked in the face all the time and no big deal. In my opinion this is clearly an attempt by one player to injure another and the interpretation that it was just part of the play is ludicrous.
    Yep, he could have juked.

He chose to try to hurdle over the guy and in the process kicked him in the face.

Kicks to the face result in penalties.

Kicks to the face should result in fines.

It's hard to imagine how he possibly thought he was going to hurdle the guy given how far away he was when he jumped. At face value, without an explanation by Brown, it looks like he kicked the guy on purpose.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

I've never been a fan of the Steelers, and this play is an example of why I feel the way I do about them. Dirty, dirty play.

Is a defender in the wrong if they decide to stomp Antonio Brown in order to put him on the ground? If so, then why is it okay for Antonio Brown to stomp a punter in order to get him out of his way?

From watching the entire play I'm still trying to figure out why with all those blockers and every direction open he angles back into the field of play to take on the punter. Only thing I can think of is "I'm going to jump over this guy" and than it didn't work.

I'm pretty sure he could have made the sideline and had a TD

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post

No. I think he meant to hurdle the kicker but realized mid-leap that the kicker unexpectedly stopped, he was going to land on top him him and fail, so he decided to kick him in the face in order to "move" him out of the way.

I say this bearing in mind that he made that decision in what was likely about 1/1000th of a second. I'm sure he didn't truly desire to kick him in the face, but he did decide to in err.
    Last edited by ruksak; 09-09-2014 at 01:05 PM.
    Rogue Colts Fan

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    It's hard to imagine how he possibly thought he was going to hurdle the guy given how far away he was when he jumped. At face value, without an explanation by Brown, it looks like he kicked the guy on purpose.
    He was well on pace to hurdle the kicker. But, the kicker stopped short. So, if the kicker continues to move toward Brown, Brown could easily leap over him.

Regardless, I find it laughable that anyone could watch that and not key-in on the emphasis that Brown put into that kick.
    Rogue Colts Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ruksak View Post
    He was well on pace to hurdle the kicker. But, the kicker stopped short. So, if the kicker continues to move toward Brown, Brown could easily leap over him.

Regardless, I find it laughable that anyone could watch that and not key-in on the emphasis that Brown put into that kick.
    oohhhh okay. i took your earlier post as in you didnt think he tried to hurdle him and just went for a flying kick.

i agree with you. his hurdle failed due to the punter stopped abruptly and him not wanting to fall so he moved his foot onto him.

agreement!

Quote Originally Posted by JT24Champ View Post
    oohhhh okay. i took your earlier post as in you didnt think he tried to hurdle him and just went for a flying kick.

i agree with you. his hurdle failed due to the punter stopped abruptly and him not wanting to fall so he moved his foot onto him.

agreement!
    lol...yeah. No NFL player is gonna say to himself, in the middle of a great run back "Ya know, I don't really want to run for a TD here. I kinda want to kick that little white dude in the face".
    Rogue Colts Fan

I don't think he should get any punishment. No fine, no suspension. He tried to hurdle the punter and it didn't go anywhere near as planned. Brown oftenly tries to make plays, he has always been that way. I think people assume he purposely wanted to kick someone in the face just because he's a Steeler. Brown is a nice, he went to college a few miles from my hometown. Nobody ever had a single negative thing to say to him.

Doubt he meant to kick dude in the face. It was an unfortunate mishap, players can't accurately predict how someone is gonna tackle em. Brown thought the punter was going low, the punter didn't.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Im sure he didnt want to actually kick the guy in the face but im willing to bet that once he knew his jump was way early he just went though with it

he was just trying to be like bobby boucher

Antonio Brown: "i love my momma very much, now you know that"