Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    No worries with this D. They kept us in the game, and they are showing more gel. I expect them to be one of the better Ds within a few weeks. Watch them come out after the bye. Ware and Miller are finding their way back. The Dbacks still impress me. Knighton is one of the best DTs in the league. Talib at times is amazing. Ward is tough. Harris is also coming back.

I could go on, but yes, they made this game close today.
    I like the D and I even like pot roast as he gets us some good play, but he is NOT one of the best DTs in the league. Look at the OT drive by Seattle and you will easily see why no one was beating down the doors to sign him. He is above avg but not one of the best.

I'm always one to admit when I'm wrong and I'll do it here -- the defense was everything you could hope for yesterday. They had a bad second quarter, but other than that, they balled out.

It was refreshing to see the defense bail out the offense for a change with a very sweet safety and an even sweeter interception. Hell, even on Manning's interception, they limited the Seahawks to a field goal to keep Denver in the game.

If the defense can keep up this level of play and the offense can tune up in the bye week to get back to some of the magic they had last year, this Denver team will be hard for anyone to beat. Clean up some of the drops, run block a little better, and get Manning back in sync with his receivers and this team is right back in the Super Bowl.

And if they play the Seahawks again, I like those odds -- especially in a dome in Arizona. Go Broncos!

Quote Originally Posted by Chop_Block View Post
    I like the D and I even like pot roast as he gets us some good play, but he is NOT one of the best DTs in the league. Look at the OT drive by Seattle and you will easily see why no one was beating down the doors to sign him. He is above avg but not one of the best.
    I really like Pot Roast, but I think of him as more of a run stuffer than a pass rusher. He's not up there with the JJ Watts of the world, but I'm very happy the Broncos have him.

Boy, after what the Chiefs did to the Patriots last night, our defense's week two performance doesn't look so bad in retrospect. I can't believe, with all the talent New England has, that their defense got smoked that bad by the likes of Dwayne Bowe and Donnie Avery.

pot roast is a dt no a de so im not sure how you can compare the two. as a dt who is better?
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzo the Razor View Post
    Boy, after what the Chiefs did to the Patriots last night, our defense's week two performance doesn't look so bad in retrospect. I can't believe, with all the talent New England has, that their defense got smoked that bad by the likes of Dwayne Bowe and Donnie Avery.
    Yeah, certainly puts things in perspective, doesn't it? I don't think the Pats have that much talent on the offensive side of the ball. That's the problem. Brady doesn't trust his Oline, which is terrible and you can't blame him, but he also doesn't trust his WRs either.

The sports media in Boston have been questioning for weeks now why his WRs aren't being developed in the same way Manning seems to develop his. Also, they've bern questioning why Kenbrell Thompkins and Aaron Dobson are being kept out of the game.

They keep harping on the fact that the only guys Brady wants to throw to are Gronk and Edelman and last night, LaFell. And they've been questioning why Brady ignores everyone else. They don't understand it and it's been concerning to them.

I'm also kind of surprised about their defense. I expected it to be much better, especially Revis. He was burned all night and the D couldn't get off the field.

I'm concerned that SD and now KC is gonna be really tough for us as well. We have tough competition right in our own division.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 09-30-2014 at 06:23 AM.

Honestly the biggest slack on our D the first 3 weeks was from Irving and Marshall. Teams took advantage of them in coverage, and they didn't have speed to stop the QBS from getting the edge. If Trev is playing we likely win the SEA game. Wilson kept drives alive by getting to the outside, and moving the chains on 1st down.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Honestly the biggest slack on our D the first 3 weeks was from Irving and Marshall. Teams took advantage of them in coverage, and they didn't have speed to stop the QBS from getting the edge. If Trev is playing we likely win the SEA game. Wilson kept drives alive by getting to the outside, and moving the chains on 1st down.
    maybe if danny t wasnt injured at all but you cant really go into the cards game thinking he wont be a little rusty....kinda like vons been shaking off the rust
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    pot roast is a dt no a de so im not sure how you can compare the two. as a dt who is better?
    I know what position he plays. DTs can be pass rushers as well, creating pressure in the worst spot possible for a QB -- right up the gut. The pass rush forces the QB to climb the pocket and then it caves in on him thanks to solid DT play.

Who's better? Well, Ndamukong Suh and Gerald McCoy for starters. Dwan Edwards, Tom Johnson, Marcell Dareus and CJ Mosley have about two sacks a piece right now.

But I don't want to sound down about Pot Roast. As said, I really like him.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    They keep harping on the fact that the only guys Brady wants to throw to are Gronk and Edelman and last night, LaFell. And they've been questioning why Brady ignores everyone else. They don't understand it and it's been concerning to them.
    Brady is also playing poorly -- that pick-six... in what world was Amendola open in that coverage?

I just don't know who is going to get consistently open on that offense in time -- if Edelman is your number one, you've got problems. I think he's a fine slot receiver, but he's not exactly Larry Fitzgerald.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I think Nate's getting better.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...71#post5047271

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    In between the tackles he plays extremely well. Outside of there he gets exposed. There are times when he catches and doesn't attack. He is a poor man's version of Brandon Spikes. It's clear why Barron's speed was desired. Nate just can't keep up in coverage with guys, and let's athletic QBs get the edge. Now this may be magnified playing next to Marshall, but a 3 down backer nate is not. I'm very worried about being matched up with Ellington in the passing game.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Yeah, certainly puts things in perspective, doesn't it? I don't think the Pats have that much talent on the offensive side of the ball. That's the problem. Brady doesn't trust his Oline, which is terrible and you can't blame him, but he also doesn't trust his WRs either.

The sports media in Boston have been questioning for weeks now why his WRs aren't being developed in the same way Manning seems to develop his. Also, they've bern questioning why Kenbrell Thompkins and Aaron Dobson are being kept out of the game.

I'm also kind of surprised about their defense. I expected it to be much better, especially Revis. He was burned all night and the D couldn't get off the field.

I'm concerned that SD and now KC is gonna be really tough for us as well. We have tough competition right in our own division.
    Maybe its the coach? Traded Mankins and hasn't addressed the WR position very well.

You have to point a finger at B Bellicheat for getting rid of Mankins, a lineman that gave Brady some protection. He has gotten cheap and he isn't putting a good team out to play. Truthfully, I was happy to see him loose as I have disliked him for forever, especially after the "cheating" incidents. I don't care about the Pat's though. Very excited that we have a game Sunday and both offense and defense better come expecting a dog fight with the Cardinals. Trevethan will have to shake some rust off and won't be up to playing his usual snap count. However, just having him on the field again is great!

The Broncos defensive personnel has improved. We have some great athletes. I'm still on the fence with our defensive scheme. Really would like to see the Broncos mix in some better pass rush. Broncos defense does well. They do a lot of bending but don't break. However, that teams will catch up with our defensive scheme as usual and then it is all on our offense. I'm sure it has been said on the board and many sites. Offense wins games, but defense wins Championships. Go defense .... Go Broncos!
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster