Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

strategy for Sunday

I guess the #1 strategy is to protect Manning. Receivers were open in the super bowl but he had no time. Do you think we will fare better on Sunday in this respect? Clady back is very good but the pressure will come. Welker will help and the hawks haven't seen Sanders yet. What do you think Manning took away from his game tape study of the seahawks?

I am not worried about the offense, it is the defense that needs to step it up.

After watching week 1 and 2...... I think there is nothing this team has to offer that can make us come out with a win.... both sides of the ball are not playing a whole game.

Now we go to the best homefield advantage in football right now? Not a recipe to right the ship.

Unless we can switch to the Chargers keep away game real fast I see a L and then move on.

RIght now our reality is that we were a paper tiger this offseason
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

I always perferred the strategy of scoring more points than you allow as that always seems to lead to a win. And wins are good

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Going up early could go a long way in building confidence for the rest of the game. It will be a hostile environment so some early scoring might be the only thing keeping us from starting to panic and playing ugly like the SB.
    2017 Adopt-A-Bronco is Von Miller

I think the addition of Welker might solidify some plays on offense. Defense needs to step it x100...talented but still not in a cadence and missing opportunities.

I am hoping they have played this way on purpose (yes, I am delusional, thank you for asking) and will surprise us all with a monumental effort and moves we haven't seen yet.

But in all reality, I am circumspect. I am taking a "I think we can win, but we will see" on this game. C'mon Broncs....you can DO this!

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    After watching week 1 and 2...... I think there is nothing this team has to offer that can make us come out with a win.... both sides of the ball are not playing a whole game.

Now we go to the best homefield advantage in football right now? Not a recipe to right the ship.

Unless we can switch to the Chargers keep away game real fast I see a L and then move on.

RIght now our reality is that we were a paper tiger this offseason
    I doubt our team is content with the way we've played this far regardless of what Fox says in press conferences.

The season is young, and we have a long way to go. We'll be working on plenty of things this week. Sunday we'll find out if they were the right things to work on.
    2017 Adopt-A-Bronco is Von Miller

Honesty, I don't have high hopes for this game. Maybe it's leftover disappointment from the Super Bowl. I do believe that the Broncos have the ability and talent to beat the Seahawks... I was at the Seahawks @ Denver game this past Sunday and I kept telling myself if the Chargers can do it, we can too!! But unlike the Chargers, we won't be playing at home. And yes, I think it makes a difference, Charger fans were very hyped up that day. I hope we at the least put up a decent fight.

Quote Originally Posted by trc1962 View Post
    I guess the #1 strategy is to protect Manning. Receivers were open in the super bowl but he had no time. Do you think we will fare better on Sunday in this respect? Clady back is very good but the pressure will come. Welker will help and the hawks haven't seen Sanders yet. What do you think Manning took away from his game tape study of the seahawks?
    You hit the nail on he head. Protect Manning.

If the o-line can give him some time to throw the Broncos can win.

If he is getting hit before he sets his feet or the WRs can complete anything longer the five yard routes then they lose again. O-line will need to play better. RBs will need to pas protect and at least create the illusion of a running threat.

Defense has had its ups and downs so far. But overall I think they have made plays. Stop the stupid penalties and keep Wilson to a minimum of big scrambles and they can keep them in the 20's. A couple of turnovers would be helpful too.

See this game as a tough hard hitting early season statement game. Both are capable of winning. All depends on which team makes a critical play or two. I expect a 27-24 game that can go either way.

Being a Bronco fan, I expect McManus to hit the long game winner to shut up the crowd! From frenzy to silence would be perfect.

I hope you all do realize that we beat 2 playoff teams so far. Teams that were both hyped up to beat us. Even with some huge mistakes and some bad calls we still won.

It's really the same strategy for any game ....

Offensive Keys to winning:
    - Protect Manning - The line CANNOT allow their front 4 to get pressure on Manning. If they allow it, we will be in for a long day

- Run the dang ball - Run it straight at them, stuff it down their throats

- Play the Pass Matchups - IF Welker plays, the matchups we have are unstoppable and need to be used to the fullest extent.

- Need to take some long shots - The Dink and Dunk will not work for us again and we need to use Sanders and his speed to get downfield a few times ... big shots down field and then revert back to #2 ... RUN THE DANG BALL!!!

Defense keys to Winning:
    - Percy Harvin - Someone better cover this guy all day long and they better make sure they wrap up and tackle and not this pansy "let me push you out of bounds" crap I've been seeing

- Contain Wilson - Make him stay in the pocket and pass the ball, if he breaks contain he will gain major yards

- Contain Lynch - AGAIN, the D better WRAP UP when tackling this guy. they don't call him Beast Mode for nothing.

- Pressure with 4 - We have to be able to generate pressure with 4 lineman ... PERIOD!!

- Avoid stupid penalties - this goes without saying but if you jump offside 3/4 times in a row against Seattle they will score, they are not the KC Chiefs. The Defense better be ready to play a flawless game on Sunday if we plan on
    leaving with a W.

I think that pretty much sums it all up really ... nothing really new that shouldn't be key each and every week! I have a feeling that we will leave this game 2-1, but you never know ... maybe the real Denver Broncos step up this time and actually play a complete game!!

#1. Stop Percy Harvin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermz79 View Post
    .......- Contain Wilson - Make him stay in the pocket and pass the ball, if he breaks contain he will gain major yards

If we play contain ( like we did the last 2 games ...... people on here are going to complain becasue 'we didn't have a pass rush'. Well that is bull hockey, we did contain against Indy and KC and stopped them from killing us with big scramble plays. Priorities on D should be 1) Contain Wilson, 2) Hurry Wilson, 3) Sack Wilson . I would be happy with no sacks , a few hurries, no breaking out of the pocket and a couple of knock downs. We will win of we do that. You play to stop the danger, not for the grandstanding.

Hope Seattle does not play the second half , that should the strategy.

I am thinking that given the Denver D's 3rd down issues and the O's second half issues, the game is close in the first half but Seattle runs away with it in the second half. Seahawks 34 Broncos 23 or 24

Obviously, Seattle was caught looking ahead, much like the Colts were last year in a road Chargers game before playing the Broncos at home. It only means one thing to me, Broncos are going to lose.
    Last edited by chad72; 09-16-2014 at 01:50 PM.

Well... Maybe start the game NOT snapping the ball over PFM head the first play of the game WILL help!

Secondly, play like we ARE a playoff caliber type of time for A FULL 60 minutes!!!

Thirdly, stay aggressive on BOTH sides of the ball and don't make bone head mistakes
    Like jumping offsides when We get a interception for a TD.

Finally the O line needs to play out of their minds against the Seachickens front four.

Goooo Broncosss