Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,465
    Quote Originally Posted by ruksak View Post
    Always very suspicious of any woman claiming she was raped after going back to a man's home/hotel room. A highly dubious framework to start a sexual assault claim.

    And, I'm always suspicious of people like you who make assumptions about people without any information.

    Where the hell does it say anywhere in this story that the woman went back to his hotel room after claiming rape?

    And how do you even know it happened in his hotel room? You don't. All we know is that it happened at the hotel but none of us know where in the hotel.

    But of course, that doesn't stop you from making assumptions. Whatever!
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 10-02-2014 at 08:07 AM.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    14,751
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    And, I'm always suspicious of people like you who make assumptions about people without any information.

    Where the hell does it say anywhere in this story that the woman went back to his hotel after claiming rape?

    And how do you even know it happened in his hotel room? You don't. All we know is that it happened at the hotel but none of us know where in the hotel.

    But of course, that doesn't stop you from making assumptions. Whatever!
    Agreed. Rape and sexual assault are serious charges and should be treated as such and not dismissed because the victim is a woman.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    14,613
    The only thing I have gathered for the CJ Spiller thing is that none of it should have been reported on. There is nothing to report on other than getting clicks for ads. He hasn't been charged or arrested and a letter or accusation shouldn't get any air/press time because it shouldn't be in the media. Big time if nothing comes from it. If something did happen than when charges are pressed and he is arrested than everyone can find out. But if nothing comes from it, it will just lead to painting the picture of people being gold diggers and making up false claims.

    So I believe the best option is just let the legal system do its job and stop trying to get press because honestly the only thing that can really come from it is bad press. But than again that is what sells

    Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    14,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Agreed. Rape and sexual assault are serious charges and should be treated as such and not dismissed because the victim is a woman.
    What does having to be a woman have anything to do with it. I bet if a man claimed either of those on a rich person the same conclusion would be drawn by people.

    Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    14,751
    Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    What does having to be a woman have anything to do with it. I bet if a man claimed either of those on a rich person the same conclusion would be drawn by people.
    As the previous poster said: "It is a dubious claim because the woman went to his hotel room."

    So, she was asking for it because it's a woman and she went to his room as the poster implied.
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 10-02-2014 at 08:33 AM.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,465
    Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    The only thing I have gathered for the CJ Spiller thing is that none of it should have been reported on. There is nothing to report on other than getting clicks for ads. He hasn't been charged or arrested and a letter or accusation shouldn't get any air/press time because it shouldn't be in the media. Big time if nothing comes from it. If something did happen than when charges are pressed and he is arrested than everyone can find out. But if nothing comes from it, it will just lead to painting the picture of people being gold diggers and making up false claims.


    In the letter, Allred said Pash invited the alleged victim to be interviewed by NFL investigators "on a confidential and appropriate basis."

    Allred's letter raises concern about the type of interview her client might have with league officials.

    "The fact that you chose to make public your requests to interview our client confidentially causes us concern about whether the interview itself would be kept confidential or tweeted out by you as you did with your letter to me," Allred's letter to Pash said. "However, I am willing to meet with you to discuss your request and also to learn the answers to our important questions posed in my original letter to you (which was not shared with the press)."

    So I believe the best option is just let the legal system do its job and stop trying to get press because honestly the only thing that can really come from it is bad press. But than again that is what sells


    Well, based on this information in the article, it appears that it was the NFL executive who actually leaked out the story. They are the ones who made public the fact that they were going to interview the alleged victim, and if I'm reading this correctly, they also leaked out that Allred sent the letter in the first place. The sentence structure is actually poorly written so if any of you read the underlined portion differently, I'm totally open to your interpretation.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    14,613
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    [/U][/B]

    Well, based on this information in the article, it appears that it was the NFL executive who actually leaked out the story. They are the ones who made public the fact that they were going to interview the alleged victim, and if I'm reading this correctly, they also leaked out that Allred sent the letter in the first place. The sentence structure is actually poorly written so if any of you read the underlined portion differently, I'm totally open to your interpretation.
    I didn't make a point at who released the info just that releasing the info I believe is stupid. Regardless of who did it. I just don't think that putting this out into the wild is smart by anyone, and even less sense for the NFL to do it which it looks like they may have. But like I said really nothing good can come from reporting on an accusation. Becuase if there are charges the news will come just as much as it would have with or without the letter. But if nothing comes from this is just paints the victims in a worse light. Which should be avoided.

    Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,465
    Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    I didn't make a point at who released the info just that releasing the info I believe is stupid. Regardless of who did it. I just don't think that putting this out into the wild is smart by anyone, and even less sense for the NFL to do it which it looks like they may have. But like I said really nothing good can come from reporting on an accusation. Becuase if there are charges the news will come just as much as it would have with or without the letter. But if nothing comes from this is just paints the victims in a worse light. Which should be avoided.
    Completely agree. None of this should have been released. This feels like a cluster and it was handled very poorly.

    However, I did want to put that information out there because there have already been major assumptions made about the alleged victim, that she shouldn't have been in his hotel room, that this was leaked by Allred as a money grab for her client, blah, blah and I wanted to refute those assumptions. I probably shouldn't have used your quote to do so however.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,538
    While I believe the stats of DM in the NFL, and pro sports in general, are probably higher than reported, just the name Gloria Allred springs doubt.

    The woman could very well be a legitimate victim but for Allred's track record it makes it seem questionable.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    469
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    While I believe the stats of DM in the NFL, and pro sports in general, are probably higher than reported, just the name Gloria Allred springs doubt.

    The woman could very well be a legitimate victim but for Allred's track record it makes it seem questionable.
    You make an interesting comment....it sounds like you are basing your cynicism of this woman's possible victimization on the fact that her lawyer is Gloria Allred. I am curious as to why that fact is important at all. Does that mean if her lawyer was Joe Blow her being a victim would be more believable? And I wonder why it is perfectly okay for male lawyers to be front and centre....but it isn't okay for Gloria Alredd. I am just curious....that's all.
    Il a été soit couché ou alors qu'il est étendu maintenant.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hampshire,england
    Posts
    12,770
    I think people go way over-board thinking the NFL has a problem. Even if we just go on the 53 man rosters times 32 thats over 1600 plays and how many have been arrested this year ? ten ?

    There is no excuse for these players if guilty but this is real life and society in general, expecting the NFL to be perfect is unrealistic.

    In our football we get the same thing to but I would just use the same argument. Just because its high profile and gets documented a lot then other people would it doesn't mean there is a drastic problem

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,465
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I think people go way over-board thinking the NFL has a problem. Even if we just go on the 53 man rosters times 32 thats over 1600 plays and how many have been arrested this year ? ten ?

    There is no excuse for these players if guilty but this is real life and society in general, expecting the NFL to be perfect is unrealistic.

    In our football we get the same thing to but I would just use the same argument. Just because its high profile and gets documented a lot then other people would it doesn't mean there is a drastic problem
    And? So what does that mean to you? I'm not really sure what you are saying. Are you suggesting then that the NFL really doesn't need to address this because the numbers are relatively small compared to the whole? Are you saying that because only a few are doing it, it really isn't a big deal?

    The NFL would have been content to let it continue to be swept under the rug until the now infamous tape seen round the world. Once that tape surfaced, they then received enormous public pressure because of the ridiculous light suspension AND because they violated every single thing you do with victims.... 1) by having Janay Palmer be interviewed in the same room as Ray Rice, 2) by having her sit with him during the press conference, (where he did absolutely nothing to take responsibility for his actions), and 3) where she was the one who apologized for "her part." That outraged the public even more. But even with that, had the suspension matched the crime, I think people would have been content to let the NFL deal with it's dirty little secrets on their own.

    Then, boom, it became an even bigger issue because just as it was starting to die down, the other tape surfaced. That second tape then raised a lot of questions about Goodell's honesty, because he claimed to have never even known about the tape, which was challenged by the Associated Press, and the police source saying it was delivered to their office, and it raised a lot of questions about the Raven's part in this, etc. Not only that, there were then 3-4 other cases literally in the same week. Therefore, the public was fired up.

    But, I'm still not sure what your point is. So, of course, given the population as a whole within the NFL compared to the number of DV and sexual assault incidents, the numbers are low, thank God, but I'm not sure what you are suggesting. Just because the numbers are low, doesn't mean it's not a problem that doesn't need to be addressed.

    We can say the same about cases of DUI or PED use within the NFL. Not everyone is doing it, and I'm sure the numbers are low, compared to the whole, but it's still a problem that gets addressed.

    So then, based on your premise, what percentage of men committing domestic violence and rape in the NFL would you deem as worthy enough to be considered a drastic problem? as you say.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 10-02-2014 at 06:01 PM.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Larryh View Post
    You make an interesting comment....it sounds like you are basing your cynicism of this woman's possible victimization on the fact that her lawyer is Gloria Allred. I am curious as to why that fact is important at all. Does that mean if her lawyer was Joe Blow her being a victim would be more believable? And I wonder why it is perfectly okay for male lawyers to be front and centre....but it isn't okay for Gloria Alredd. I am just curious....that's all.
    First let me reiterate what I think I was already clear on, the woman may in fact be a legitimate victim. I have no way of knowing one way or the other, as do you. Taken at face value, if it goes to trial, it is up to a court to decide.

    As to the reputation of Allred, she has built a successful career, often in the world of celebrity scandal. She's a bull-dog lawyer, and props to her for being successful.

    Never did I say or suggest that "is perfectly okay for male lawyers to be front and centre....but it isn't okay for Gloria Alredd" She is as free as anybody to do what she wants. As a lawyer she is free to represent whom she wants.

    My comment is more about the reputation of Allred than of the victim. Allred, to me, is nothing more than a diamond-studded-ambulance chaser. Where there is scandal involving wealthy or powerful individuals, you'll often find her. I despise that kind of lawyer, be they man or woman.

    To me Allred takes away too much attention away from her client or the cause she is supporting and creates a circus, because big money is involved. She's filed more than one frivolous lawsuit with baseless accusations that have been thrown out, and in the last few years I am reminded of two that were purely to raise negative sentiment against the "accused." Those lawsuits magically disappeared soon after...

    I honestly wish if this victim is really a victim she would have found another reputable lawyer. But, even if she is, obviously her choosing Allred as her lawyer should not diminish her as a victim - it's just knowing Allred always makes me wonder... not fair to the victim, but it is what it is.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Red 98 - Red 98
    Posts
    15,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Larryh View Post
    You make an interesting comment....it sounds like you are basing your cynicism of this woman's possible victimization on the fact that her lawyer is Gloria Allred. I am curious as to why that fact is important at all. Does that mean if her lawyer was Joe Blow her being a victim would be more believable? And I wonder why it is perfectly okay for male lawyers to be front and centre....but it isn't okay for Gloria Alredd. I am just curious....that's all.
    It's not a matter of her sex - it's a matter her personality - and how she makes a living

    She's like a boxing promoter rofl
    Red 98

    Kareem rises to the top

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    469
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    First let me reiterate what I think I was already clear on, the woman may in fact be a legitimate victim. I have no way of knowing one way or the other, as do you. Taken at face value, if it goes to trial, it is up to a court to decide.

    As to the reputation of Allred, she has built a successful career, often in the world of celebrity scandal. She's a bull-dog lawyer, and props to her for being successful.

    Never did I say or suggest that "is perfectly okay for male lawyers to be front and centre....but it isn't okay for Gloria Alredd" She is as free as anybody to do what she wants. As a lawyer she is free to represent whom she wants.

    My comment is more about the reputation of Allred than of the victim. Allred, to me, is nothing more than a diamond-studded-ambulance chaser. Where there is scandal involving wealthy or powerful individuals, you'll often find her. I despise that kind of lawyer, be they man or woman.

    To me Allred takes away too much attention away from her client or the cause she is supporting and creates a circus, because big money is involved. She's filed more than one frivolous lawsuit with baseless accusations that have been thrown out, and in the last few years I am reminded of two that were purely to raise negative sentiment against the "accused." Those lawsuits magically disappeared soon after...

    I honestly wish if this victim is really a victim she would have found another reputable lawyer. But, even if she is, obviously her choosing Allred as her lawyer should not diminish her as a victim - it's just knowing Allred always makes me wonder... not fair to the victim, but it is what it is.
    You make an interesting argument but unfortunately your research is lacking a little credibility. She has represented victims in the OJ Simpson case, the Scott Pederson case and the Michael Jackson case and she has represented them because all the big name lawyers were defending the perpetrators. This hardly makes her an ambulance chaser. I think there is a little too much "Men are the real victims here" in your argument for my taste. It is my belief that whether this woman is being represented by Gloria Allred or Allan Dershowitz her voice should be heard without a bias because of her lawyer.
    Il a été soit couché ou alors qu'il est étendu maintenant.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •