Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Could be 4 SEC West schools in the top 5, 2 in Alabama & 2 in Mississippi. All within a few hundred miles of one another. Auburn may not move up though since they were off today.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    Could be 4 SEC West schools in the top 5, 2 in Alabama & 2 in Mississippi. All within a few hundred miles of one another. Auburn may not move up though since they were off today.
    We will move up because two teams ahead of us lost.

Bama will probably hop us but no one else will I expect it to be Miss st, FSU, Ole Miss, Bama, Auburn.

Maybe so but the talking heads seem to think Oregon may sneak in.

Called it, down goes Ole Miss. They going to get beat again next week at home by Auburn.

At this point, I think Alabama is the best team in the country and they will take out MS State in Tuscaloosa in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    Called it, down goes Ole Miss. They going to get beat again next week at home by Auburn.

At this point, I think Alabama is the best team in the country and they will take out MS State in Tuscaloosa in a few weeks.
    I hope you are right on your first prediction.

Agree on your second.

Don't agree on your last that Bama is the best.

After the first quarter they got outplayed by lowly Tennessee and are
    Still only two weeks removed from almost losing to Arkansas.

So the only game they really looked that great was A&M which doesn't mean much these days.

Honestly I think TCU looks the best right now. It's a shame they choked against Baylor.

I like Miss St, they're good. I still like Auburn though as the best team in the nation, had a scare last night, but pulled the win off. I knew my Buckeyes were done when Braxton went down before the season. I like JT, but he still looks like a freshman at times. I just hope Alabama
    gets beat again, can't stand Alabama.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

TCU? I haven't watched them any, so I can't say one way or the other.

I'm an Ole Miss fan, but I just don't think they have the offense to stay in the game against Auburn. They do have a really good defense but the defense can't do it all. They defense got 4 turnovers last night and offense only capitalized on one of them. I have never liked Bo Wallace. To Jekyll & Hyde for me. I was shocked when Freeze put the offense back in last night instead of trying the FG. Although I don't think they would have beaten LSU in overtime anyway, because they couldn't move the ball.

MS State does have a good team but I just don't think they'll beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa. I hope they do though because I also despise Alabama. But if they don't, that will make for a very interesting Iron and Egg bowl. Ole Miss will be out due to the loss next week to Auburn. But MS State, Alabama, and Auburn will all be a 1 loss team going into the final regular season game. If Alabama wins the Iron Bowl, they win the West due to the head to head defeat against MS State (not happened yet). If Auburn wins the Iron Bowl and MS State wins Egg Bowl (which they likely will), then MS State wins the West due to the head to head win against Auburn. If Auburn wins the Iron Bowl and MS State losses the Egg Bowl, then Auburn wins the West.

It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Power rankings showing their SEC bias again. It will be interesting with the first real poll coming out on Tuesday.

At least My Georgia Tech team had a big 56-28 win over Pittsburgh. Tennessee who I follow also lost to Alabama as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Power rankings showing their SEC bias again. It will be interesting with the first real poll coming out on Tuesday.
    You always complain about this every year.

But I ask you how is it bias when the SEC wins 6 of 9 bowl games every year and the Western division specifically was 25-0 in non conference games.

Granted every team only plays 1 tough non conference game. But we won them all.

LSU beat Wisconsin
    Auburn beat K. St on the road
    Alabama beat West Virginia
    Georgia beat Clemson

There is no bias when you are doing things like that. It's earned. Stop whining and do something about it on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    You always complain about this every year.

But I ask you how is it bias when the SEC wins 6 of 9 bowl games every year and the Western division specifically was 25-0 in non conference games.

Granted every team only plays 1 tough non conference game. But we won them all.

LSU beat Wisconsin
    Auburn beat K. St on the road
    Alabama beat West Virginia
    Georgia beat Clemson

There is no bias when you are doing things like that. It's earned. Stop whining and do something about it on the field.
    Earned? Bama should not be in the top 4. They are not better than Oregon, ND, and heck throw in Mich St. They haven't played better, and are overated. You claim it's earned, but it really is not. Bama best win is what a 22nd ranked WVU in week 1? Then struggles against Arkansas and loses to overrated Ole Miss. Ole Miss who squeaked a win against Bama, and got hype when they beat A+M when they were ranked. Auburn beat at least beat KSU and LSU, who I can accept being ranked high. Georgia being that remotely high is laughable. Ya they beat Clemson, before they made their QB change.

Earned? Bama should not be in the top 4. They are not better than Oregon, ND, and heck throw in Mich St. They haven't played better, and are overated. You claim it's earned, but it really is not. Bama best win is what a 22nd ranked WVU in week 1? Then struggles against Arkansas and loses to overrated Ole Miss. Ole Miss who squeaked a win against Bama, and got hype when they beat A+M when they were ranked. Auburn beat at least beat KSU and LSU, who I can accept being ranked high. Georgia being that remotely high is laughable. Ya they beat Clemson, before they made their QB change.
    Idk about the SEC being overrated, but the preseason AP Poll is always fun to revisit.

5 Ohio State
    7 UCLA
    9 South Carolina
    11 Stanford
    15 USC
    23 North Carolina

You want to figure out why Bama got juice for beating the snot out of A&M, take a look at where South Carolina was ranked.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 10-27-2014 at 11:51 AM.

Again you always look in such a small window.

Like I said when you win 7 straight national titles and win 6 of 9 bowls every year it's earned

When you have a division go 25-0 in non conference with several wins against top 25 schools its earned.

And if you want to start screaming overrated because you say the top 25 opponents from other conferences were overrated then you just flat sound silly.

Bama may be down this year. But I don't see how you call them worse than oregon and Notre Dame.

Spice just showed week 1 ratings that suggest Oregons beloved PAC-12 is overrated. And Notre dame? Are you kidding me? Who have the beat? They almost beat FSU who plays no one all year. Big deal.

Most top 300 recruits and most drafted players of any conference.

When anyone else starts winning anything then come talk to me.
    Last edited by DenverBlood; 10-27-2014 at 02:48 PM.

Also don't forget your beloved oregon nearly lost to Wazzou. That's not impressive.

I'd be willing to bet that an SEC school will be in the final game for the title this year. Which one? Not sure yet, but either Alabama, Auburn, Miss St, or Ole Miss; all of which are better than Oregon, Notre Dame or Michigan St.