Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 522
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,858
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Again you always look in such a small window.

    Like I said when you win 7 straight national titles and win 6 of 9 bowls every year it's earned

    When you have a division go 25-0 in non conference with several wins against top 25 schools its earned.

    And if you want to start screaming overrated because you say the top 25 opponents from other conferences were overrated then you just flat sound silly.

    Bama may be down this year. But I don't see how you call them worse than oregon and Notre Dame.

    Spice just showed week 1 ratings that suggest Oregons beloved PAC-12 is overrated. And Notre dame? Are you kidding me? Who have the beat? They almost beat FSU who plays no one all year. Big deal.

    Most top 300 recruits and most drafted players of any conference.

    When anyone else starts winning anything then come talk to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Again you always look in such a small window.

    Like I said when you win 7 straight national titles and win 6 of 9 bowls every year it's earned

    When you have a division go 25-0 in non conference with several wins against top 25 schools its earned.

    And if you want to start screaming overrated because you say the top 25 opponents from other conferences were overrated then you just flat sound silly.

    Bama may be down this year. But I don't see how you call them worse than oregon and Notre Dame.

    Spice just showed week 1 ratings that suggest Oregons beloved PAC-12 is overrated. And Notre dame? Are you kidding me? Who have the beat? They almost beat FSU who plays no one all year. Big deal.

    Most top 300 recruits and most drafted players of any conference.

    When anyone else starts winning anything then come talk to me.
    Are you going to bring up history as validation, then talk junk on the reigning national champion? SEC teams start higher in rankings simply for being in the SEC. Thus when they beat each other they get a giant boost unreservedly so. Example:

    Ole Miss started receiving first place votes after they beat A+M. Why? Because A+M was a top 15 team at the time. Why? Simply because they play in the SEC.

    Also in case you forgot FSU an ACC team won the NC last year. So your "come talk to me when anyone else wins anything" comment is laughable.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,858
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Also don't forget your beloved oregon nearly lost to Wazzou. That's not impressive.
    More impressive than eeking out a win against Arkansas.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,858
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that an SEC school will be in the final game for the title this year. Which one? Not sure yet, but either Alabama, Auburn, Miss St, or Ole Miss; all of which are better than Oregon, Notre Dame or Michigan St.
    Based on what? The fact they are in the SEC? Ya laughable statement is laughable.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,864
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Are you going to bring up history as validation, then talk junk on the reigning national champion? SEC teams start higher in rankings simply for being in the SEC. Thus when they beat each other they get a giant boost unreservedly so. Example:

    Ole Miss started receiving first place votes after they beat A+M. Why? Because A+M was a top 15 team at the time. Why? Simply because they play in the SEC.




    Also in case you forgot FSU an ACC team won the NC last year. So your "come talk to me when anyone else wins anything" comment is laughable.
    Ole Miss started the season ranked in the top 15. Wake up Mr. clueless.

    And SEC teams start ranked because of their bowl wins and non conference wins. Yes Florida st won but they had to rally to beat an SEC team. They earned it but that doesn't make the conference overrated. And they should win because their recruiting classes are better.

    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    More impressive than eeking out a win against Arkansas.
    No it's not. Arkansas would paste the floor with Wazzou.


    The envy is strong in you but I don't have all night to explain college football to you.

    You never bring up valid points to back your opinions. You just like to point at something you don't like and cry foul.

    I continue time and time again when the SEC has proved their metal on the field and you act like winning games doesn't matter.
    Last edited by DenverBlood; 10-27-2014 at 04:44 PM.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,858
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Ole Miss started the season ranked in the top 15. Wake up Mr. clueless.

    And SEC teams start ranked because of their bowl wins and non conference wins. Yes Florida st won but they had to rally to beat an SEC team. They earned it but that doesn't make the conference overrated. And they should win because their recruiting classes are better.



    No it's not. Arkansas would paste the floor with Wazzou.


    The envy is strong in you but I don't have all night to explain college football to you.

    You never bring up valid points to back your opinions. You just like to point at something you don't like and cry foul.

    I continue time and time again when the SEC has proved their metal on the field and you act like winning games doesn't matter.
    That's fine another ignorant SEC homer goes off into the night again. SEC homers cry about history, but ignore it when it counters their point. Just like when A+M and Mizzou showed up and had success, it was magically because they had better recruiting classes because SEC. Overall, the homers of the SEC is hilarious it's equally as bad as Patriots fans.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Based on what? The fact they are in the SEC? Ya laughable statement is laughable.
    Nope, based on the fact that 3 of the top 5 teams are SEC schools at the moment, which gives the SEC a fairly decent shot at being in the playoffs wouldn't ya say? And from there it's easy, because as I've said they are all 3 better the others that might get in, outside of maybe FSU.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Based on what? The fact they are in the SEC? Ya laughable statement is laughable.
    Care to wager that an SEC school won't be in the championship game?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,858
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    Nope, based on the fact that 3 of the top 5 teams are SEC schools at the moment, which gives the SEC a fairly decent shot at being in the playoffs wouldn't ya say? And from there it's easy, because as I've said they are all 3 better the others that might get in, outside of maybe FSU.
    1. It was laughable to say all those teams are better than Oregon, ND, and Mich st.

    2. You are aware a majority of those teams play each other right?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,858
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    Care to wager that an SEC school won't be in the championship game?
    No because I think Miss St is deservedly up there.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    1. It was laughable to say all those teams are better than Oregon, ND, and Mich st.
    Truth hurts, huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    2. You are aware a majority of those teams play each other right?
    [/quote]

    Yep, but 1, if not 2 of them will still end up in the playoffs, which gives them pretty good odds of getting to the championship game.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    No because I think Miss St is deservedly up there.

    Couldn't imagine why, according to you all they have done is beat some other overrated SEC teams.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,858
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    Truth hurts, huh?

    Yep, but 1, if not 2 of them will still end up in the playoffs, which gives them pretty good odds of getting to the championship game.[/QUOTE]

    Apparently ignorance is bliss...

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,858
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    Couldn't imagine why, according to you all they have done is beat some other overrated SEC teams.
    What? I've never said Auburn or Miss St. Are overrated. In fact I have them both in my top 4 for tomorrow. I don't care what conference a team is from, it matters about what they've done. Then out of the 1 loss teams it's what you can bring to the table.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Yep, but 1, if not 2 of them will still end up in the playoffs, which gives them pretty good odds of getting to the championship game.
    Apparently ignorance is bliss...[/QUOTE]

    Really? So would you like to put your money where your mouth is or not? You say none of them will end up in the playoffs, I say they will. How much you want to put on that? I think you are all internet mouth myself. Prove me wrong.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,864
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Are you going to bring up history as validation, then talk junk on the reigning national champion? SEC teams start higher in rankings simply for being in the SEC. Thus when they beat each other they get a giant boost unreservedly so. Example:

    Ole Miss started receiving first place votes after they beat A+M. Why? Because A+M was a top 15 team at the time. Why? Simply because they play in the SEC.

    Also in case you forgot FSU an ACC team won the NC last year. So your "come talk to me when anyone else wins anything" comment is laughable.
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    More impressive than eeking out a win against Arkansas.
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    What? I've never said Auburn or Miss St. Are overrated. In fact I have them both in my top 4 for tomorrow. I don't care what conference a team is from, it matters about what they've done. Then out of the 1 loss teams it's what you can bring to the table.
    So it sounds like maybe your hatred isn't necessarily with the SEC but with Bama.

    They are the ones you mentioned earlier that you believe are overrated.

    Not going to argue with you there.

    But I would contend Bama has earned the right to be constantly overrated by winning three of four.

    One thing I always tell you is that if Team A or Conference A is truly overrated then the truth will come out at some point regardless of media opinion. You don't win a national title by being overrated.

    I will say though that even if Bama or Ole Miss or Georgia are truly overrated as you say, they all have a chance to prove otherwise. Any of them wins out and they will make the playoff and deservedly so.

    But even if they lose and are eliminated it doesn't necessarily make the conference overrated. Only two teams are undefeated. 13-15 are 1 loss or something like that. It's not just the SEC that's going to incur more losses. Mike and Mike said the Big 12 has 60% odds of having a 2 loss champion. PAC-12 is at like 50% even though my personal opinion is Oregon will lose out and make playoffs.

    My point is media bias or non bias doesn't matter now because it will all play out on the field in the next month. People cry foul because three SEC west teams could be in the top four tomorrow night. But odds are only 1 of the three will be 1 loss or better a month from now. So in the end SEc will only get one and you don't have to complain about media.

    Only way it gets tricky is if a 2 loss gets in over a 1 loss. Then you have every right to complain.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •