• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KoolBreeze
    Practice Squad
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    What? I've never said Auburn or Miss St. Are overrated. In fact I have them both in my top 4 for tomorrow. I don't care what conference a team is from, it matters about what they've done. Then out of the 1 loss teams it's what you can bring to the table.
    Pretty sure that 3 of the current top 4 are SEC schools, unless they moved today while I wasn't watching. News flash, Auburn and MS State are in the SEC. But yeah, the SEC is overrated right? How many schools does your not overrated conference have in the top 4 currently? How many national championships has your conference won in the last decade? HAHA! Don't you just hate success? And you think I'm laughable. LMAO. Keep telling yourself that.
    ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Comment

• the0rangecrush
      Captain
      • Apr 2009

Q
      Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      So it sounds like maybe your hatred isn't necessarily with the SEC but with Bama.

They are the ones you mentioned earlier that you believe are overrated.

Not going to argue with you there.

But I would contend Bama has earned the right to be constantly overrated by winning three of four.

One thing I always tell you is that if Team A or Conference A is truly overrated then the truth will come out at some point regardless of media opinion. You don't win a national title by being overrated.

I will say though that even if Bama or Ole Miss or Georgia are truly overrated as you say, they all have a chance to prove otherwise. Any of them wins out and they will make the playoff and deservedly so.

But even if they lose and are eliminated it doesn't necessarily make the conference overrated. Only two teams are undefeated. 13-15 are 1 loss or something like that. It's not just the SEC that's going to incur more losses. Mike and Mike said the Big 12 has 60% odds of having a 2 loss champion. PAC-12 is at like 50% even though my personal opinion is Oregon will lose out and make playoffs.

My point is media bias or non bias doesn't matter now because it will all play out on the field in the next month. People cry foul because three SEC west teams could be in the top four tomorrow night. But odds are only 1 of the three will be 1 loss or better a month from now. So in the end SEc will only get one and you don't have to complain about media.

Only way it gets tricky is if a 2 loss gets in over a 1 loss. Then you have every right to complain.
      My problem is with the constant overeating of SEC teams in the polls. I have no qualm with Miss. St. Or Auburn. They have beaten the teams to rightfully put them there. However, pretty much the other 3 ranked teams are ranked way too high. Ole Miss ' s signature win is Bama who has there best win is #20 WVU. Which in 3 weeks they will likely be unranked. So other than their name what exactly has Bama done, and people want to put them in the top 4? LSU is in the same boat they are gonna get carried by a win against unranked Wisconsin and now Ole Miss. They all beat up on each other, and at the end of they day they haven't really beaten anyone. Now Georgia is the absolute worst. Their signature is a Clemson team before they changed their QB. Yet they're a top 10 team that's hilarious. Sure let's say Bama runs the table, then they absolutely deserve to be in. Sure it will all play out in the near future, but as of right now you can't sit here and put those teams in the top 4.
      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• the0rangecrush
        Captain
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by KoolBreeze View Post
        Pretty sure that 3 of the current top 4 are SEC schools, unless they moved today while I wasn't watching. News flash, Auburn and MS State are in the SEC. But yeah, the SEC is overrated right? How many schools does your not overrated conference have in the top 4 currently? How many national championships has your conference won in the last decade? HAHA! Don't you just hate success? And you think I'm laughable. LMAO. Keep telling yourself that.
        You are laughable, and keep proving so. I'm well aware who is where. You want to bring up history fine, FSU has run the table and won the NC last year. So there is no argument they are the best right? So Notre Dame barely lost to FSU on an iffy call on the road, since they are neck and neck with the best team in the country obviously they should be number 2. However, you won't accept that unless it's in favor for the SEC. When it doubt use the past, you sound like a new England fan. I tell you what explain to me why Bama, Georgia, Ole Miss should be top 10. Go ahead I'll wait.

Comment

• KoolBreeze
          Practice Squad
          • Feb 2012

Q

My problem is with the constant overeating of SEC teams in the polls. I have no qualm with Miss. St. Or Auburn. They have beaten the teams to rightfully put them there. However, pretty much the other 3 ranked teams are ranked way too high. Ole Miss ' s signature win is Bama who has there best win is #20 WVU. Which in 3 weeks they will likely be unranked. So other than their name what exactly has Bama done, and people want to put them in the top 4? LSU is in the same boat they are gonna get carried by a win against unranked Wisconsin and now Ole Miss. They all beat up on each other, and at the end of they day they haven't really beaten anyone. Now Georgia is the absolute worst. Their signature is a Clemson team before they changed their QB. Yet they're a top 10 team that's hilarious. Sure let's say Bama runs the table, then they absolutely deserve to be in. Sure it will all play out in the near future, but as of right now you can't sit here and put those teams in the top 4.
          Alabama is going to beat MS State in a few weeks and then what you gonna say?

Comment

• the0rangecrush
            Captain
            • Apr 2009

Alabama is going to beat MS State in a few weeks and then what you gonna say?
            That they've finally beat a good team

Comment

• KoolBreeze
              Practice Squad
              • Feb 2012

You are laughable, and keep proving so. I'm well aware who is where. You want to bring up history fine, FSU has run the table and won the NC last year. So there is no argument they are the best right? So Notre Dame barely lost to FSU on an iffy call on the road, since they are neck and neck with the best team in the country obviously they should be number 2. However, you won't accept that unless it's in favor for the SEC. When it doubt use the past, you sound like a new England fan. I tell you what explain to me why Bama, Georgia, Ole Miss should be top 10. Go ahead I'll wait.
              Yep Florida St was the best team last year. They won it, no doubt about it. Notre Dame barely lost? Last time I checked a barely lost is a loss.

2013 - Florida St v Auburn
              2012 - Alabama v Notre Dame
              2011 - Alabama v LSU
              2010 - Auburn v Oregon
              2009 - Alabama v Texas
              2008 - Florida v Oklahoma
              2007 - LSU v Ohio St
              2006 - Florida v Ohio St
              2005 - Texas v USC
              2004 - USC v Oklahoma

The last 10 years of the BCS National Championship Game. I'm beginning to see a pattern, how about you? An SEC school appeared in 8 of them and won 7. I’d say that is pretty dominate.

Alabama is going to show you why they should be in the top 4 in a few weeks when they beat MS State. And I hate Alabama and hope MS State destroys them. But, hatred aside, they are still better than MS State. My guess is when the dust settles, they'll win the West and be in the National Championship Game yet again.

No disagreement with you about Georgia or Ole Miss. Both are overrated. But be that as it may, that doesn't change the fact that the SEC is still dominating college football. Nor does it change the fact that an SEC team will be in this year's championship game.

Speaking of Ole Miss, even with the 1 loss, they still control their own destiny. Win out and they'll win the West and have a shot at the National Championship. But my guess is they lose to both Auburn and MS State.

Comment

• KoolBreeze
                Practice Squad
                • Feb 2012

That they've finally beat a good team
                Ah but they are overrated, like SEC.

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                  Captain
                  • Apr 2009

Yep Florida St was the best team last year. They won it, no doubt about it. Notre Dame barely lost? Last time I checked a barely lost is a loss.

2013 - Florida St v Auburn
                  2012 - Alabama v Notre Dame
                  2011 - Alabama v LSU
                  2010 - Auburn v Oregon
                  2009 - Alabama v Texas
                  2008 - Florida v Oklahoma
                  2007 - LSU v Ohio St
                  2006 - Florida v Ohio St
                  2005 - Texas v USC
                  2004 - USC v Oklahoma

The last 10 years of the BCS National Championship Game. I'm beginning to see a pattern, how about you? An SEC school appeared in 8 of them and won 7. I’d say that is pretty dominate.

Alabama is going to show you why they should be in the top 4 in a few weeks when they beat MS State. And I hate Alabama and hope MS State destroys them. But, hatred aside, they are still better than MS State. My guess is when the dust settles, they'll win the West and be in the National Championship Game yet again.

No disagreement with you about Georgia or Ole Miss. Both are overrated. But be that as it may, that doesn't change the fact that the SEC is still dominating college football. Nor does it change the fact that an SEC team will be in this year's championship game.

Speaking of Ole Miss, even with the 1 loss, they still control their own destiny. Win out and they'll win the West and have a shot at the National Championship. But my guess is they lose to both Auburn and MS State.
                  You bring up the past like it has any indication on the present. It's this nonsense that makes your point laughable. A NC victory 5 years ago has absolutely no bearing on the rankings today. To keep bringing it up is just asinine, and shows you have no real argument. You keep babling about in a few weeks. However, right now is what is being discussed. Right now outside of two teams, the rest of the SEC is ranked high simply due to their name. If you can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you.

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                    Captain
                    • Apr 2009

Ah but they are overrated, like SEC.
                    Ignorant comment is ignorant.

Comment

• KoolBreeze
                      Practice Squad
                      • Feb 2012

You bring up the past like it has any indication on the present. It's this nonsense that makes your point laughable. A NC victory 5 years ago has absolutely no bearing on the rankings today. To keep bringing it up is just asinine, and shows you have no real argument. You keep babling about in a few weeks. However, right now is what is being discussed. Right now outside of two teams, the rest of the SEC is ranked high simply due to their name. If you can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you.
                      The FACTs support my opinion. That's all of the argument that I need. It is a FACT that the SEC has appeared in the last 8 National Championship Games. It's a FACT that the SEC has won 7 out of the last 8 National Championships. That by itself is a compelling argument that the SEC is not overrated at all. If that's not enough, then it is also a FACT that 3 of the CURRENT top 4 teams on the AP Poll are from the SEC. It's also a FACT that 5 of the CURRENT top 10 teams on the AP Poll are SEC schools. Is that not current enough for you? Please do tell which conference you think has dominated college football in the last 5 years more so than the SEC.

You have nothing to support your argument except your opinion and barely losses. Notre Dame barely lost to Florida St. That's all you got? Give me a break.

Sure there may be some individual schools within the SEC that are overrated, but doesn't make the conference overrated.

If you want to talk overrated. Let's look at Notre Dame. How many current top 10 ranked teams have they beaten? 0! Oh, but they almost beat Florida St. Almost, Haha! Notre Dame's own, Lou Holtz, sat in his chair on national TV Saturday and said that Alabama was the best team in the country. I guess he is just ignorant also, huh?

Michigan St. How many current top 10 teams have they beaten? 0! And they only have 1 ranked team left on their schedule.

Oregon. How many current top 10 teams have they beaten? 1 (Michigan St) and they only have 1 left on their schedule.

MS State. How many current top 10 teams have they beaten? 3! And have 2 more left on their schedule.

Auburn. How many current top 10 teams have they beaten? 0, but they have 3 left on their schedule.

Ole Miss. How many current top 10 teams have they beaten? 1, and have 2 more left on their schedule. They also beat the current #14 A & M team.

Alabama. How many current top 10 teams have they beaten? 0, but but they 2 left on their schedule plus #16 LSU this weekend, so we will find out if they are overrated or not.

Those are the FACTs. If you chose to ignore them then maybe you should look in a mirror to see what ignorance really looks like.

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                        Captain
                        • Apr 2009

The FACTs support my opinion. That's all of the argument that I need. It is a FACT that the SEC has appeared in the last 8 National Championship Games. It's a FACT that the SEC has won 7 out of the last 8 National Championships. That by itself is a compelling argument that the SEC is not overrated at all. If that's not enough, then it is also a FACT that 3 of the CURRENT top 4 teams on the AP Poll are from the SEC. It's also a FACT that 5 of the CURRENT top 10 teams on the AP Poll are SEC schools. Is that not current enough for you? Please do tell which conference you think has dominated college football in the last 5 years more so than the SEC.

You have nothing to support your argument except your opinion and barely losses. Notre Dame barely lost to Florida St. That's all you got? Give me a break.

Sure there may be some individual schools within the SEC that are overrated, but doesn't make the conference overrated.

If you want to talk overrated. Let's look at Notre Dame. How many current top 10 ranked teams have they beaten? 0! Oh, but they almost beat Florida St. Almost, Haha! Notre Dame's own, Lou Holtz, sat in his chair on national TV Saturday and said that Alabama was the best team in the country. I guess he is just ignorant also, huh?

Michigan St. How many current top 10 teams have they beaten? 0! And they only have 1 ranked team left on their schedule.

Oregon. How many current top 10 teams have they beaten? 1 (Michigan St) and they only have 1 left on their schedule.

MS State. How many current top 10 teams have they beaten? 3! And have 2 more left on their schedule.

Auburn. How many current top 10 teams have they beaten? 0, but they have 3 left on their schedule.

Ole Miss. How many current top 10 teams have they beaten? 1, and have 2 more left on their schedule. They also beat the current #14 A & M team.

Alabama. How many current top 10 teams have they beaten? 0, but but they 2 left on their schedule plus #16 LSU this weekend, so we will find out if they are overrated or not.

Those are the FACTs. If you chose to ignore them then maybe you should look in a mirror to see what ignorance really looks like.
                        Facts? That's laughable. You sit here and say look at previous seasons, and look at what could happen in a couple of weeks. You avoid the now, and what has happened up to this point. My facts are the signature wins for a majority of the SEC are laughable, and don't even kind of justify their ludacris rankings. Typical SEC homer points to previous seasons, and future possibilities. It just makes you look like a joke.

Comment

• KoolBreeze
                          Practice Squad
                          • Feb 2012

Facts? That's laughable. You sit here and say look at previous seasons, and look at what could happen in a couple of weeks. You avoid the now, and what has happened up to this point. My facts are the signature wins for a majority of the SEC are laughable, and don't even kind of justify their ludacris rankings. Typical SEC homer points to previous seasons, and future possibilities. It just makes you look like a joke.
                          No, I'm talking about what's happening right now. 3 SEC teams in the current AP top 4. 5 SEC toms in the current top 10. That's right now, as I type this. The previous 8 years is just gravy. Again point me to a more dominate conference. Good luck.

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                            Captain
                            • Apr 2009

No, I'm talking about what's happening right now. 3 SEC teams in the current AP top 4. 5 SEC toms in the current top 10. That's right now, as I type this. The previous 8 years is just gravy. Again point me to a more dominate conference. Good luck.
                            Again justify ranking those teams other than Miss St and Auburn, why those teams should be ranked that high. Tell me I'll wait.

Comment

• KoolBreeze
                              Practice Squad
                              • Feb 2012

If you look up, I already did that and also said that some SEC schools may be overrated. But the SEC still dominates college football regardless of 1 or 2 teams perhaps being overrated. Your denial doesn't change that.

Also, I have no control over the polls, although I do think Michigan St, Oregon, and Notre Dame are rated higher than they should be. Yep, Notre Dame is higher than they should be, even though they ALMOST beat Florida St. LOL, almost.

Take a look at the Vegas odds and see who they rate most likely to win the National Championship. I'll give you a hint, Alabama. I guess the odds makers are ignorant also. Yep, that's how they win by being ignorant.

Oh, how about the college playoff rankings were just released tonight. Guess who dominates the top 5 in that ranking. Where is your Notre Dame that ALMOST beat Florida St? Oh, never mind I see them, way down there at #10. Haha! Is that current enough for you? The people laughing in this thread are laughing at you, mate. But you just keep telling yourself that you know better than virtually everyone else that matters in the college football world.

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                                Captain
                                • Apr 2009

If you look up, I already did that and also said that some SEC schools may be overrated. But the SEC still dominates college football regardless of 1 or 2 teams perhaps being overrated. Your denial doesn't change that.

Also, I have no control over the polls, although I do think Michigan St, Oregon, and Notre Dame are rated higher than they should be. Yep, Notre Dame is higher than they should be, even though they ALMOST beat Florida St. LOL, almost.

Take a look at the Vegas odds and see who they rate most likely to win the National Championship. I'll give you a hint, Alabama. I guess the odds makers are ignorant also. Yep, that's how they win by being ignorant.

Oh, how about the college playoff rankings were just released tonight. Guess who dominates the top 5 in that ranking. Where is your Notre Dame that ALMOST beat Florida St? Oh, never mind I see them, way down there at #10. Haha! Is that current enough for you? The people laughing in this thread are laughing at you, mate. But you just keep telling yourself that you know better than virtually everyone else that matters in the college football world.
                                The rankings at this point are a mere talking point. Why? Because they know teams will play each other and sort themselves out. So guy, you really have no validation for ranking any of those teams that high. Oh wait I forget you know the SEC won the NC game 2 years ago mhm. It was funny how everyone was saying the iron bowl was the real NC last year until FSU held up the trophy.

Comment

Working...
                                X