Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 522
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    What? I've never said Auburn or Miss St. Are overrated. In fact I have them both in my top 4 for tomorrow. I don't care what conference a team is from, it matters about what they've done. Then out of the 1 loss teams it's what you can bring to the table.
    Pretty sure that 3 of the current top 4 are SEC schools, unless they moved today while I wasn't watching. News flash, Auburn and MS State are in the SEC. But yeah, the SEC is overrated right? How many schools does your not overrated conference have in the top 4 currently? How many national championships has your conference won in the last decade? HAHA! Don't you just hate success? And you think I'm laughable. LMAO. Keep telling yourself that.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,494
    Q
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    So it sounds like maybe your hatred isn't necessarily with the SEC but with Bama.

    They are the ones you mentioned earlier that you believe are overrated.

    Not going to argue with you there.

    But I would contend Bama has earned the right to be constantly overrated by winning three of four.

    One thing I always tell you is that if Team A or Conference A is truly overrated then the truth will come out at some point regardless of media opinion. You don't win a national title by being overrated.

    I will say though that even if Bama or Ole Miss or Georgia are truly overrated as you say, they all have a chance to prove otherwise. Any of them wins out and they will make the playoff and deservedly so.

    But even if they lose and are eliminated it doesn't necessarily make the conference overrated. Only two teams are undefeated. 13-15 are 1 loss or something like that. It's not just the SEC that's going to incur more losses. Mike and Mike said the Big 12 has 60% odds of having a 2 loss champion. PAC-12 is at like 50% even though my personal opinion is Oregon will lose out and make playoffs.

    My point is media bias or non bias doesn't matter now because it will all play out on the field in the next month. People cry foul because three SEC west teams could be in the top four tomorrow night. But odds are only 1 of the three will be 1 loss or better a month from now. So in the end SEc will only get one and you don't have to complain about media.

    Only way it gets tricky is if a 2 loss gets in over a 1 loss. Then you have every right to complain.
    My problem is with the constant overeating of SEC teams in the polls. I have no qualm with Miss. St. Or Auburn. They have beaten the teams to rightfully put them there. However, pretty much the other 3 ranked teams are ranked way too high. Ole Miss ' s signature win is Bama who has there best win is #20 WVU. Which in 3 weeks they will likely be unranked. So other than their name what exactly has Bama done, and people want to put them in the top 4? LSU is in the same boat they are gonna get carried by a win against unranked Wisconsin and now Ole Miss. They all beat up on each other, and at the end of they day they haven't really beaten anyone. Now Georgia is the absolute worst. Their signature is a Clemson team before they changed their QB. Yet they're a top 10 team that's hilarious. Sure let's say Bama runs the table, then they absolutely deserve to be in. Sure it will all play out in the near future, but as of right now you can't sit here and put those teams in the top 4.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,494
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    Pretty sure that 3 of the current top 4 are SEC schools, unless they moved today while I wasn't watching. News flash, Auburn and MS State are in the SEC. But yeah, the SEC is overrated right? How many schools does your not overrated conference have in the top 4 currently? How many national championships has your conference won in the last decade? HAHA! Don't you just hate success? And you think I'm laughable. LMAO. Keep telling yourself that.
    You are laughable, and keep proving so. I'm well aware who is where. You want to bring up history fine, FSU has run the table and won the NC last year. So there is no argument they are the best right? So Notre Dame barely lost to FSU on an iffy call on the road, since they are neck and neck with the best team in the country obviously they should be number 2. However, you won't accept that unless it's in favor for the SEC. When it doubt use the past, you sound like a new England fan. I tell you what explain to me why Bama, Georgia, Ole Miss should be top 10. Go ahead I'll wait.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Q

    My problem is with the constant overeating of SEC teams in the polls. I have no qualm with Miss. St. Or Auburn. They have beaten the teams to rightfully put them there. However, pretty much the other 3 ranked teams are ranked way too high. Ole Miss ' s signature win is Bama who has there best win is #20 WVU. Which in 3 weeks they will likely be unranked. So other than their name what exactly has Bama done, and people want to put them in the top 4? LSU is in the same boat they are gonna get carried by a win against unranked Wisconsin and now Ole Miss. They all beat up on each other, and at the end of they day they haven't really beaten anyone. Now Georgia is the absolute worst. Their signature is a Clemson team before they changed their QB. Yet they're a top 10 team that's hilarious. Sure let's say Bama runs the table, then they absolutely deserve to be in. Sure it will all play out in the near future, but as of right now you can't sit here and put those teams in the top 4.
    Alabama is going to beat MS State in a few weeks and then what you gonna say?

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,494
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    Alabama is going to beat MS State in a few weeks and then what you gonna say?
    That they've finally beat a good team

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    You are laughable, and keep proving so. I'm well aware who is where. You want to bring up history fine, FSU has run the table and won the NC last year. So there is no argument they are the best right? So Notre Dame barely lost to FSU on an iffy call on the road, since they are neck and neck with the best team in the country obviously they should be number 2. However, you won't accept that unless it's in favor for the SEC. When it doubt use the past, you sound like a new England fan. I tell you what explain to me why Bama, Georgia, Ole Miss should be top 10. Go ahead I'll wait.
    Yep Florida St was the best team last year. They won it, no doubt about it. Notre Dame barely lost? Last time I checked a barely lost is a loss.

    2013 - Florida St v Auburn
    2012 - Alabama v Notre Dame
    2011 - Alabama v LSU
    2010 - Auburn v Oregon
    2009 - Alabama v Texas
    2008 - Florida v Oklahoma
    2007 - LSU v Ohio St
    2006 - Florida v Ohio St
    2005 - Texas v USC
    2004 - USC v Oklahoma

    The last 10 years of the BCS National Championship Game. I'm beginning to see a pattern, how about you? An SEC school appeared in 8 of them and won 7. Id say that is pretty dominate.

    Alabama is going to show you why they should be in the top 4 in a few weeks when they beat MS State. And I hate Alabama and hope MS State destroys them. But, hatred aside, they are still better than MS State. My guess is when the dust settles, they'll win the West and be in the National Championship Game yet again.

    No disagreement with you about Georgia or Ole Miss. Both are overrated. But be that as it may, that doesn't change the fact that the SEC is still dominating college football. Nor does it change the fact that an SEC team will be in this year's championship game.

    Speaking of Ole Miss, even with the 1 loss, they still control their own destiny. Win out and they'll win the West and have a shot at the National Championship. But my guess is they lose to both Auburn and MS State.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    That they've finally beat a good team
    Ah but they are overrated, like SEC.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,494
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    Yep Florida St was the best team last year. They won it, no doubt about it. Notre Dame barely lost? Last time I checked a barely lost is a loss.

    2013 - Florida St v Auburn
    2012 - Alabama v Notre Dame
    2011 - Alabama v LSU
    2010 - Auburn v Oregon
    2009 - Alabama v Texas
    2008 - Florida v Oklahoma
    2007 - LSU v Ohio St
    2006 - Florida v Ohio St
    2005 - Texas v USC
    2004 - USC v Oklahoma

    The last 10 years of the BCS National Championship Game. I'm beginning to see a pattern, how about you? An SEC school appeared in 8 of them and won 7. Id say that is pretty dominate.

    Alabama is going to show you why they should be in the top 4 in a few weeks when they beat MS State. And I hate Alabama and hope MS State destroys them. But, hatred aside, they are still better than MS State. My guess is when the dust settles, they'll win the West and be in the National Championship Game yet again.

    No disagreement with you about Georgia or Ole Miss. Both are overrated. But be that as it may, that doesn't change the fact that the SEC is still dominating college football. Nor does it change the fact that an SEC team will be in this year's championship game.

    Speaking of Ole Miss, even with the 1 loss, they still control their own destiny. Win out and they'll win the West and have a shot at the National Championship. But my guess is they lose to both Auburn and MS State.
    You bring up the past like it has any indication on the present. It's this nonsense that makes your point laughable. A NC victory 5 years ago has absolutely no bearing on the rankings today. To keep bringing it up is just asinine, and shows you have no real argument. You keep babling about in a few weeks. However, right now is what is being discussed. Right now outside of two teams, the rest of the SEC is ranked high simply due to their name. If you can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,494
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    Ah but they are overrated, like SEC.
    Ignorant comment is ignorant.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    You bring up the past like it has any indication on the present. It's this nonsense that makes your point laughable. A NC victory 5 years ago has absolutely no bearing on the rankings today. To keep bringing it up is just asinine, and shows you have no real argument. You keep babling about in a few weeks. However, right now is what is being discussed. Right now outside of two teams, the rest of the SEC is ranked high simply due to their name. If you can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you.
    The FACTs support my opinion. That's all of the argument that I need. It is a FACT that the SEC has appeared in the last 8 National Championship Games. It's a FACT that the SEC has won 7 out of the last 8 National Championships. That by itself is a compelling argument that the SEC is not overrated at all. If that's not enough, then it is also a FACT that 3 of the CURRENT top 4 teams on the AP Poll are from the SEC. It's also a FACT that 5 of the CURRENT top 10 teams on the AP Poll are SEC schools. Is that not current enough for you? Please do tell which conference you think has dominated college football in the last 5 years more so than the SEC.

    You have nothing to support your argument except your opinion and barely losses. Notre Dame barely lost to Florida St. That's all you got? Give me a break.

    Sure there may be some individual schools within the SEC that are overrated, but doesn't make the conference overrated.

    If you want to talk overrated. Let's look at Notre Dame. How many current top 10 ranked teams have they beaten? 0! Oh, but they almost beat Florida St. Almost, Haha! Notre Dame's own, Lou Holtz, sat in his chair on national TV Saturday and said that Alabama was the best team in the country. I guess he is just ignorant also, huh?

    Michigan St. How many current top 10 teams have they beaten? 0! And they only have 1 ranked team left on their schedule.

    Oregon. How many current top 10 teams have they beaten? 1 (Michigan St) and they only have 1 left on their schedule.

    MS State. How many current top 10 teams have they beaten? 3! And have 2 more left on their schedule.

    Auburn. How many current top 10 teams have they beaten? 0, but they have 3 left on their schedule.

    Ole Miss. How many current top 10 teams have they beaten? 1, and have 2 more left on their schedule. They also beat the current #14 A & M team.

    Alabama. How many current top 10 teams have they beaten? 0, but but they 2 left on their schedule plus #16 LSU this weekend, so we will find out if they are overrated or not.

    Those are the FACTs. If you chose to ignore them then maybe you should look in a mirror to see what ignorance really looks like.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,494
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    The FACTs support my opinion. That's all of the argument that I need. It is a FACT that the SEC has appeared in the last 8 National Championship Games. It's a FACT that the SEC has won 7 out of the last 8 National Championships. That by itself is a compelling argument that the SEC is not overrated at all. If that's not enough, then it is also a FACT that 3 of the CURRENT top 4 teams on the AP Poll are from the SEC. It's also a FACT that 5 of the CURRENT top 10 teams on the AP Poll are SEC schools. Is that not current enough for you? Please do tell which conference you think has dominated college football in the last 5 years more so than the SEC.

    You have nothing to support your argument except your opinion and barely losses. Notre Dame barely lost to Florida St. That's all you got? Give me a break.

    Sure there may be some individual schools within the SEC that are overrated, but doesn't make the conference overrated.

    If you want to talk overrated. Let's look at Notre Dame. How many current top 10 ranked teams have they beaten? 0! Oh, but they almost beat Florida St. Almost, Haha! Notre Dame's own, Lou Holtz, sat in his chair on national TV Saturday and said that Alabama was the best team in the country. I guess he is just ignorant also, huh?

    Michigan St. How many current top 10 teams have they beaten? 0! And they only have 1 ranked team left on their schedule.

    Oregon. How many current top 10 teams have they beaten? 1 (Michigan St) and they only have 1 left on their schedule.

    MS State. How many current top 10 teams have they beaten? 3! And have 2 more left on their schedule.

    Auburn. How many current top 10 teams have they beaten? 0, but they have 3 left on their schedule.

    Ole Miss. How many current top 10 teams have they beaten? 1, and have 2 more left on their schedule. They also beat the current #14 A & M team.

    Alabama. How many current top 10 teams have they beaten? 0, but but they 2 left on their schedule plus #16 LSU this weekend, so we will find out if they are overrated or not.

    Those are the FACTs. If you chose to ignore them then maybe you should look in a mirror to see what ignorance really looks like.
    Facts? That's laughable. You sit here and say look at previous seasons, and look at what could happen in a couple of weeks. You avoid the now, and what has happened up to this point. My facts are the signature wins for a majority of the SEC are laughable, and don't even kind of justify their ludacris rankings. Typical SEC homer points to previous seasons, and future possibilities. It just makes you look like a joke.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Facts? That's laughable. You sit here and say look at previous seasons, and look at what could happen in a couple of weeks. You avoid the now, and what has happened up to this point. My facts are the signature wins for a majority of the SEC are laughable, and don't even kind of justify their ludacris rankings. Typical SEC homer points to previous seasons, and future possibilities. It just makes you look like a joke.
    No, I'm talking about what's happening right now. 3 SEC teams in the current AP top 4. 5 SEC toms in the current top 10. That's right now, as I type this. The previous 8 years is just gravy. Again point me to a more dominate conference. Good luck.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,494
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    No, I'm talking about what's happening right now. 3 SEC teams in the current AP top 4. 5 SEC toms in the current top 10. That's right now, as I type this. The previous 8 years is just gravy. Again point me to a more dominate conference. Good luck.
    Again justify ranking those teams other than Miss St and Auburn, why those teams should be ranked that high. Tell me I'll wait.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,896
    If you look up, I already did that and also said that some SEC schools may be overrated. But the SEC still dominates college football regardless of 1 or 2 teams perhaps being overrated. Your denial doesn't change that.

    Also, I have no control over the polls, although I do think Michigan St, Oregon, and Notre Dame are rated higher than they should be. Yep, Notre Dame is higher than they should be, even though they ALMOST beat Florida St. LOL, almost.

    Take a look at the Vegas odds and see who they rate most likely to win the National Championship. I'll give you a hint, Alabama. I guess the odds makers are ignorant also. Yep, that's how they win by being ignorant.

    Oh, how about the college playoff rankings were just released tonight. Guess who dominates the top 5 in that ranking. Where is your Notre Dame that ALMOST beat Florida St? Oh, never mind I see them, way down there at #10. Haha! Is that current enough for you? The people laughing in this thread are laughing at you, mate. But you just keep telling yourself that you know better than virtually everyone else that matters in the college football world.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,494
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    If you look up, I already did that and also said that some SEC schools may be overrated. But the SEC still dominates college football regardless of 1 or 2 teams perhaps being overrated. Your denial doesn't change that.

    Also, I have no control over the polls, although I do think Michigan St, Oregon, and Notre Dame are rated higher than they should be. Yep, Notre Dame is higher than they should be, even though they ALMOST beat Florida St. LOL, almost.

    Take a look at the Vegas odds and see who they rate most likely to win the National Championship. I'll give you a hint, Alabama. I guess the odds makers are ignorant also. Yep, that's how they win by being ignorant.

    Oh, how about the college playoff rankings were just released tonight. Guess who dominates the top 5 in that ranking. Where is your Notre Dame that ALMOST beat Florida St? Oh, never mind I see them, way down there at #10. Haha! Is that current enough for you? The people laughing in this thread are laughing at you, mate. But you just keep telling yourself that you know better than virtually everyone else that matters in the college football world.
    The rankings at this point are a mere talking point. Why? Because they know teams will play each other and sort themselves out. So guy, you really have no validation for ranking any of those teams that high. Oh wait I forget you know the SEC won the NC game 2 years ago mhm. It was funny how everyone was saying the iron bowl was the real NC last year until FSU held up the trophy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •