Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 522
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    The rankings at this point are a mere talking point. Why? Because they know teams will play each other and sort themselves out. So guy, you really have no validation for ranking any of those teams that high. Oh wait I forget you know the SEC won the NC game 2 years ago mhm. It was funny how everyone was saying the iron bowl was the real NC last year until FSU held up the trophy.
    What exactly do you have.....guy? Absolutely nothing but your opinion is my guess. But I'll wait. Let's here it. You're hopeless...guy.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,865
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    What exactly do you have.....guy? Absolutely nothing but your opinion is my guess. But I'll wait. Let's here it. You're hopeless...guy.
    Well guy, I have who they've beat. Let's see Alabama beating WVU so apparently a win against the 20th ranked team equals the number 6 spot. Ole Miss beat Bama who as previously stated is way too high. Georgia is ranked for beating 21 Clemson before their QB change. Ya they soooo deserved to be there..that's what I have guy.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,867
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Well guy, I have who they've beat. Let's see Alabama beating WVU so apparently a win against the 20th ranked team equals the number 6 spot. Ole Miss beat Bama who as previously stated is way too high. Georgia is ranked for beating 21 Clemson before their QB change. Ya they soooo deserved to be there..that's what I have guy.
    Who have Notre dame and Mich st beat? Nobody.

    Oregon beat Mich st but nearly lost to Wazzou and lost to Arisona.

    Arizona beat Oregon but then immediately lost to USC who lost to BC.

    Arizona st. got smashed by UCLA who nearly lost to colorado this weekend.

    Ohio st beat nobody but lost to Va Tech.

    K st. Hasn't really beat anyone of significance. I mean OU is no better than Ole Miss beating LSU.

    Baylor beat TCU but then lost to West Virginia who you don't want to give Bama credit for beating.


    We can play this who beat who game all week. It won't solve anything.
    And it won't prove anyone is overrated or underrated.

    What I do agree on is three SEC West teams will not make it. Because they play each other.

    But I think the committee intentionally made a mockery of this stupid initial poll just to create contraversy and give espn material for a week.

    I love SEC but Ole Miss and Auburn play this weekend. Obviously loser will be eliminated so why bother? That I can agree on.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,865
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Who have Notre dame and Mich st beat? Nobody.

    Oregon beat Mich st but nearly lost to Wazzou and lost to Arisona.

    Arizona beat Oregon but then immediately lost to USC who lost to BC.

    Arizona st. got smashed by UCLA who nearly lost to colorado this weekend.

    Ohio st beat nobody but lost to Va Tech.

    K st. Hasn't really beat anyone of significance. I mean OU is no better than Ole Miss beating LSU.

    Baylor beat TCU but then lost to West Virginia who you don't want to give Bama credit for beating.


    We can play this who beat who game all week. It won't solve anything.
    And it won't prove anyone is overrated or underrated.

    What I do agree on is three SEC West teams will not make it. Because they play each other.

    But I think the committee intentionally made a mockery of this stupid initial poll just to create contraversy and give espn material for a week.

    I love SEC but Ole Miss and Auburn play this weekend. Obviously loser will be eliminated so why bother? That I can agree on.
    Let's just say this, we will continue this conversation in like 6 weeks

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,867
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Let's just say this, we will continue this conversation in like 6 weeks
    Agreed. I always say claims of overrated will work themselves out to be true or not.

    But for every over rated SEC team there are also 1-2 from every other conference

    Oklahoma and USC come to mind yearly.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Well guy, I have who they've beat. Let's see Alabama beating WVU so apparently a win against the 20th ranked team equals the number 6 spot. Ole Miss beat Bama who as previously stated is way too high. Georgia is ranked for beating 21 Clemson before their QB change. Ya they soooo deserved to be there..that's what I have guy.
    You got nothing, as I thought.

    Alabama is way to high according to who? You? They are #5 in the playoff rankings, #3 in the AP, ESPN, and USA Today poll. And favored by Las Vegas to win the national championship. But you'd have us believe all of those have it wrong and you have it right. Now that is laughable, I must say. Oh, I'm sorry, rankings don't count for anything and the great theOrangecrush will decide who is best.

    I dislike Alabama as much as the next guy but there is no denying the fact that they have been the most dominate football team in the country over the last few years. Speaking of last year's Iron Bowl, if not for a FG attempt returned for a TD with seconds to go, I'm not so sure Florida St would have won that national championship.

    And the SEC didn't just win the championship 2 years ago. They won 7 of the last 8 and were in the championship game last year. That's domination. Sorry you don't like it but it is what it is. Get back to me when your conference of choice has a similar achievement. Until then, keep trying to convince yourself that the SEC doesn't dominate college football. Who knows, maybe someday it will actually come true. But not today.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,867
    We survived another huge scare!!

    Just glad we proved to ESPN that the West comes down to the Iron Bowl not the Egg Bowl.

    Miss st really starting to show the pressure is getting to them.

    I'm not really rooting for it but confident they will lose at Alabama in a couple of weeks

    SEC will only get one school. It will be the winner of the Iron Bowl

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    We survived another huge scare!!

    Just glad we proved to ESPN that the West comes down to the Iron Bowl not the Egg Bowl.

    Miss st really starting to show the pressure is getting to them.

    I'm not really rooting for it but confident they will lose at Alabama in a couple of weeks

    SEC will only get one school. It will be the winner of the Iron Bowl
    I was confident Auburn was going to win that game but I hated to see Treadwell get hurt. That didn't look good for him and if he is done for the year then so is Ole Miss. But yeah, I agree with you, I think Alabama will take care of MSU. It will still be an interesting finish though because if Auburn beats Alabama, MSU will win the West since they beat Auburn and will likely finish with 1 loss also. If Alabama beats Auburn, then they'll win the West (assuming they beat MSU).

    What is really interesting though is that 2 of the 3 (MSU, Alabama, & Auburn) will probably finish with 1 loss and end up in the playoffs. The one that doesn't win the West will have 1 less game to play/win and extra rest for the playoffs.

    What would be even more interesting is if whoever wins the West loses the SEC Championship game. Then you might have a situation where the non-West winner advances to the playoffs and winner of the SEC West doesn't.

    My prediction is that Alabama wins out, which means they win the West. I also think MSU will win all of their remaining games except for the Alabama game and they'll get into the playoffs. Unfortunately, that leaves Auburn the odd man out.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,867
    I disagree in one area. I think Miss st has two losses coming up.

    They are starting to show chinks in the armor due to the unprecedented pressure the school has never felt before. They were lucky to beat a very bad Arkansas team at home tonight.

    I think Miss st loses at Alabama and the Egg bowl to that land shark D even with Treadwell out. I think Prescott is overrated and the Rebel d will kill him. That's why I say the West comes down to the Iron Bowl.

    As far as Bama I've been saying all year we lose that one on the road. However Auburn has played better regardless of people ignoring the first 6 games and thinking Bama looks better just because they smoked A&M and beat Tennessee by 14. People forget before those two they nearly lost to Arkansas as well.

    Anyway like I said its in their house though. But in the Iron Bowl all bets are off. The team who looked better last year didn't win.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,896
    Perhaps Ole Miss will beat MS State but I just don't see it, especially without Treadwell. Ole Miss can't run the ball and lately they haven't been able to stop the run either. Loosing Treadwell is a huge blow to Ole Miss's passing game and I just don't think they beat MS State without him. In fact, they may lose in Fayetteville in a couple weeks.

    I haven't watched the MS State - Arkansas game yet (DVR'ed the 2nd half) but I have a friend who is a die hard MS State fan. He said Prescott looked hurt to him tonight, so I don't know. But yeah I think he is overrated also. But then again I've never really liked the running QBs. I'm more of a fan of the pocket passers.

    But you bring up another interesting senario. Say MS State does lose to Ole Miss and Alabama. Then say Alabama loses to LSU and then beats Auburn. No 1 loss SEC teams left at that point. Hmmmmm. Can't see it happening though.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,867
    I brought up several scenarios last night that could leave the SEC out of the playoff altogether.

    Wouldn't that be embarrassing?

    Let's just hope those scenarios don't play out.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Ducktown,Tennessee
    Posts
    28
    At least my two favorite College teams won Tennessee and Georgia Tech. Tennessee beat South Carolina 45-42 in Overtime and Georgia Tech beat Virginia 35-10.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,976
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    We survived another huge scare!!

    Just glad we proved to ESPN that the West comes down to the Iron Bowl not the Egg Bowl.

    Miss st really starting to show the pressure is getting to them.

    I'm not really rooting for it but confident they will lose at Alabama in a couple of weeks

    SEC will only get one school. It will be the winner of the Iron Bowl
    When in Birmingham for the Iron Bowl, one can visit the Barber Motorcycle Museum.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,984
    A&M is giving Auburn all they can handle.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    676
    And Arizona St is blowing out Notre Dame.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •