Page 1 of 81 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Official Game Day Thread: Week 5: 2014 Cardinals vs Broncos

Welcome to week 5 of the NFL.

Our beloved Broncos coming off an early Bye week.
    I think Denver acquitted themselves fairly well vs Seattle two weeks ago and didn't give up.
    I think if the coin toss went the other way we would have won, both defenses were spent.
    Still we made it a game.

Now on to our week 5 Opponent and our 4th game of the season the undefeated Arizona Cardinals.
    Yeah ... it feels strange to say and felt strange to type it. Carson Palmer will be out bit the Cars will be looking to go 4-0. Denver has only lost back to back game once in Peyton's time here.

SO how does Denver do in their 4th game of a season, well in the last 10 years Denver has went 7-3
    Of the 7 wins 3 were at home, 3 were on the road. Of the 3 losses all were on the road.

Cardinals avg 22 points a game Denver 25. Yards per Game AZ 335 DEN 339
    AZ Def pt 15 peg game Den 22 Def yard AZ 316 DEN 390

So the cards do have a formidable defense. Denver, I think there defense is starting to come around. They did a good job trying to hold Seattle in check on the road. I think the team we so focused on the week 3 game that they overlooked weeks 1 & 2 and almost lost those games. I hope the bye week re-enforced the focus of this team and they will hit the field ready to blast the Cardinals. Since 1995 we played the Cardinals 5 times 3 on the road twice at home - our record 5-0 Let's try to keep it going.

The good news Peyton has won his last 8 games coming out of a bye.
    The bad news we rank 28th in the run, Montee Ball has 49 carries, 20 of them he was hit in the back field.

This past week we did release Prater, which appears to be over his Salary, so I hope McManus can make some of the longer kicks Prater could and we don't lose games we need over a kicker's salary.
    Hopefully the D is rested up, waiting for Travaithan to be a difference maker this season.

Win, Lose, or Draw I hope we end the day healthy. PLEASE follow the COC. Don't make it harder on the mods than it has to be. They are fans and want to enjoy their Sundays as well, Report any violations you see and let them handle it in due time. Let's try to go 3-1 and get this in gear.
    As always GO BRONCOS!!!
    Last edited by Elway; 10-04-2014 at 10:11 PM.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 15 Now in progress.

Additional Game Day info: Thanks JWINN

BRONCOS HOST CARDINALS

- The Broncos, who have never lost to the Cardinals at home, own an .833 regular-season winning percentage (7-1-1) against Arizona to represent their best mark against any NFL team.

- Denver owns a 19-6 all-time record in games following their bye week, including a 13-3 record in home contests.

- Broncos owner Pat Bowlen, who is in his 31st year with the Broncos, is the first owner in professional football history to reach 300 overall wins in his first three decades.

GAME DAY DETAILS

Game Presented by Coors Light

National Anthem: Academy Wings - Hazel Miller

Color Guard: 7 Groups - Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Police, Fire and Coast Guard

TIMELINE OF EVENTS

1:45 - Players leave the field
    1:46 - Stampede/Broncos fight song
    1:48 - Bailey's Moving and Storage Game Ball Delivery
    1:49 - Thunderstorm
    1:52 - Parade of Colors
    1:55 - Cardinals Introductions
    1:56 - Broncos Introductions
    1:58 - National Anthem
    2:03 - Coca-Cola Coin Toss
    2:05 - Kickoff

Halftime Entertainment: Salute to Survivors

Complimentary Broncos GameDay Magazines (to first 45,000 fans) & Sunglasses sponsored by Coors Light will be available for Sports Authority Field at Mile High patrons to pick-up at all stadium entrances upon entry. Zeta Tau Alpha will also be handing out pink ribbons to fans entering the stadium.

Remember to make your Week 5 Pick-'Em Challenge Pick by 6:30pm on Thursday, October 2nd! Click here to choose.

WEATHER FORECAST FOR SUNDAY

High Low Conditions Precipitation

74 45 Mostly Sunny 0% Chance

CHEERLEADER AND ALUMNI AUTOGRAPHS

Broncos Cheerleaders and Alumni will stop by the United Club Lounge every home game to sign autographs. During the regular season their table will alternate sidelines each week, this week they will be in the East United Club. Autographs will begin at the following locations and times this week:

12:00pm - Denver Broncos Cheerleaders: Christina & Patricia

12:45pm - Denver Broncos Alumni: Billy Thompson, Bill Harris, Gene Lang, Odell Barry
    The Game Day Thread: Year 15 Now in progress.

Two weeks is a long time to stew over a loss. Let's rev up the engine and get going. Go Broncos!!!

2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Adopted Bronco: Chris Harris Jr.

Go Broncos!!!!!!

2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
    2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
    BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Feels like it's been forever since we played...

GO BRONCOS!!!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

Broncos Win !!!

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

Gooo Broncos!
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

I can't wait for the game tomorrow. Feels like forever since we last played a game.

I'm predicting a complete game from our guys. We are finally healthy on both sides of the ball, they have now had a full two months to gel and have had two weeks to prepare for this game. I realize the Cardinals are a very good team, but Stanton is a career back up and while he has played well I just can't see him coming into Denver and out dueling PFM.

I think the offense will score early and often, and will be helped greatly by the defense who will pressure Stanton into the kind of mistakes backups normally make. This game could be close but I just have a feeling turnovers will make it a blowout.

Cardinals- 16
    Broncos- 38

Also does anyone know who is calling our game tomorrow? I'm hoping its John Lynch.

GO Broncos. Hoping for a great game and Broncos win. No injuries on either side.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

I think Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are calling the game.

I can't wait for this game either! This past off season seemed to drag on forever then to have an early bye where we just got a small taste of Bronco football and once again had to wait after losing to the Seahawks is just torture. Does the NFL hate us or something? Anyway finally the day has arrived (at least it is Sunday where I live) and hopefully we can see our Broncos come out with some fire and finally put a full game together.

Probably the thing I am most excited to see right now is our defense. Finally having everybody healthy for the first time since 2012 it is time to see what these guys can do!

Broncos Go!!!!

Um...

HAPPY BRONCOS GAMEDAY EVERYONE!!!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

Its going to be a long day for me...Went to bed at 12am and woke up three hours later..

Its about to be 6:30 am and I still can't go back to sleep...smh
    I support Kaepernick 100%

go broncos!
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Go Broncos!!!