Page 1 of 102 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Game Day Thread: Week 7: 2014 The 49ers vs Broncos

Welcome Broncomaniacs to another weekend of football.

Our 4-1 Denver Broncos look to keep things rolling this week against the San Francisco 49ers.
    Not only are we looking for a win, Manning is Chasing history needing 2 TD to tie Favre's record and
    3 to beat it. So there is a very good chance of that happening.

How do we do in our 6th game of the season? Well over the last decade we have went 8-2 Of the 8 wins 5 were on the road and 3 were at home, of the two losses were both at home. So we have a decent chance.

Denver is passing for about 70 more yards a game than San Fran, but the 49ers get about 44 more rushing yards than we do. 49ers have a tough D and are rated # 2 in the league. They are vulnerable to the pass though on the left and in the middle between 6-19 yards giving up over 65% completion rate there.

This is good for us as Peyton competes at least 69% of his passes to the left and middle between 6-19 yards. So all he has to do is what he does normally. So hopefully our D can keep the 49ers run game and Kaepernick's scrambling in check.

Denver scores 100% in the red zone and is 2nd in the league in red zone tds. Julian Thomas can have yet another big day,(He already leads the league with 9 TDS) if the offensive line can keep the pressure off of Peyton. San Fran had 5 sacks vs the Rams last week. Both Sanders and DT are currently ranked in the top 10 in yards gained this season

Broncos have won 5 straight Sunday Night Games, Let us hope we get # 6, we have a short week ahead and a date with San Diego. We need to come out of this game healthy and ready to turn it around again.

As always follow the Code of Conduct, report any violations, and please watch what you post. We will be prime time, so all our fans can watch the game and vent here as needed. The great mods we have here would like enjoy the game as well. Let's hope for a great game and we end the night with another "W"

As always GO BRONCOS!
    The Game Day Thread: Year 15 Now in progress.

I'm going to the game. Looking forward to a win and watching Peyton set a record!

Go Broncos!!!!!

Broncos GOOOO!!!

My youngest daughter (the 49er fan) and I are going to have fun!

GOOO Broncos!!
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Broncos
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Go Broncos!!!!!!

2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
    2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
    BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    My youngest daughter (the 49er fan) and I are going to have fun!

GOOO Broncos!!
    Hopefully no hard feelings by the end of the day
    The Game Day Thread: Year 15 Now in progress.

Ahh I should be at this game! Decided to wait and hope we get a home playoff game instead since I have never been to a playoff game.

Anyways I will be there in spirit and will be screaming just as loud.

Cheers to #509!!!

GO BRONCOS!!!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

Here's your pump up jam for today everyone!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

I'm so looking forward to tomorrows game should be great one!

Go Broncos!
    I'm setting the recorder for this one and hoping to wake up to a W!

Adopted Bronco - Emmanuel Sanders

Patrick Willis and their starting left guard will be out for this game.....If we can't beat the 49ers will all those injuries they have we don't deserve to go back to the Superbowl...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...denver-broncos
    I support Kaepernick 100%

I'm not confident that the Broncos will win any of the next three games. They are all loseable. This is probably the most winnable of the three since it's the first of the three, at home, and on regular rest. The next one is on short rest against what could be the best team in the league. The third is on the road against a team that usually finds a way to beat Manning.

I hope the Broncos can find a way to take advantage of the injuries to the 49ers.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

"hey are vulnerable to the pass though on the left and in the middle between 6-19 yards giving up over 65% completion rate there.

This is good for us as Peyton competes at least 69% of his passes to the left and middle between 6-19 yards. "

I think this is the key to the game. We pretty much exposed this same issue in the preseason game as well if memory serves me well. Even the Broncos hater, Heath Evans, pointed this same thing out. Used a nice diagram that showed Manning's strengths in terms of where he throws the ball best (completion %). His best areas were almost identical to SF's chart which listed its weakest areas of defense (where they get the majority of ball completed on them). It's a good match up for us. If Willis can't play, I think we should do some serious damage. I expect a lot of crossing routes. Could be a breakout game for Welker maybe. TEs should also see a lot of targets. I also expect DT to have a pretty good game.

Would love to see Latimer active for this game as he played a huge role in the preseason against SF. Not holding my breath, would just like to see it.