Page 1 of 100 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Official Game Day Thread: Week 6: 2014 Broncos vs Jets

Hello Broncomaniacs,

Dang 'V" popped out of my title should be Broncos vs Jets, Oh well.

Ready for another Sunday of football. Broncos have an early 1pm eastern time kickoff. Hopefully we can handle the early time adjustment. The Broncos came off a great effort against the Cardinals. 1st half was a little tight but Denver pulled away in the 2nd half. The run game though is not much to speak of. Hopefully Denver can improve on it in the upcoming weeks.

Peyton is still Peyton and he crossed the 500 TD mark (503), only a 5 more to go to tie Favre. Kudos to DT for lighting it up last week with 200+ yards!

So how do we do in game 5 matchups. Well in the last 10 years we have went 6-4. Of the 6 wins 5 have been at home. Of the 4 losses , 3 were at home, 1 in the road. Last years game 5 match up was a classic vs Dallas. Somehow I don't think the Jets, who are on a 4 game skid will rise up to the performance.

Jets got manhandles by San Diego which appears to be one of the teams to beat in the NFL. THere only loss a 1 pt game to Arizona opening week. Still the Jets have Rex Ryan and a pretty good defense, currently ranked 6 and can still get sacks this season. Last time we faced them Tim Tebow burned them for a TD run late in the game on a QB blitz. The Jets defensive rank is misleading as they are giving up over 24 point a game the last 4 weeks, have given up 10 TD and gotten only 1 int. They are letting opponents convert 47% of 3rd downs.

Their offense is struggling Vick looked as bad as Geno Smith. Decker has a hamstring injury. They are a mess, and hopefully Denver lights them up. It would be a nice chance to fine tune our team, but we can't get too cocky about them. We avg 3.3 yards per carry when we run and rank 23rd vs the pass. The Jets though are 6th in the league running the bull, the they pass for only 184 a game while Denver averages 317. DT & Sanders lead the NFL with 802 combined receiving yards.

For me when I think of the Jets I think of the AFC Championship back in 98 when Elway after a tough first half rallied the team to a 2nd half win, the key moment being when Rod Smith and McCaffrey lined up wrong and Elway had them just run each others route instead of stopping the play, he hit MCCaffrey for a big one and we scored a few plays later. It was magic

Win, Lose, or Draw I hope we end the day healthy. PLEASE follow the COC. Don't make it harder on the mods than it has to be. They are fans and want to enjoy their Sundays as well, Report any violations you see and let them handle it in due time. Let's try to go 4-1 and get this in gear.
    As always GO BRONCOS!!!
    Last edited by Elway; 10-11-2014 at 10:33 PM.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 15 Now in progress.

Broncos Go!!!!!

Elway, I popped it back in.

I knew I was waiting for something. Now I can go to bed.

Go Broncos!
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Elway, I popped it back in.

I knew I was waiting for something. Now I can go to bed.

Go Broncos!
    Sorry I was so late, had the boy out to a halloween scare park and it took us a bit to finish up. Thank you as always for the sticky, hope you are well rested for tomorrow's game!
    The Game Day Thread: Year 15 Now in progress.

go broncos!!!
    I really like Cheese.

We need to start quickly and then stomp the life out of them.

GO BRONCOS!!!

2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Adopted Bronco: Chris Harris Jr.

Can't wait to see my boys beat up on the jets!

Happpy game day folks.

I hate not being in the stadium when they're playing in my backyard. So I hope we put on a show that makes me kick myself in the rear for not being there!!!!

GAMEDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who is ready for the Broncos????

This guy is!

Right now I'm debating going out to the the bar to watch the game or sell my soul once again to Directv. I gambled. Last year everyone, but one of the Broncos games was on regular tv, so the Sunday Ticket, was not worth it last year, and now I've only got to watch 3 games.

Decisions, decisions....

Regardless, I WANT A BRONCOS win!!!
    The Bronco fan pledge;
    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
    Bronco's Country.

***Adopt a Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.***

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Broncos Win !!!

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

Let's do this!!

GO BRONCOS!!!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

go broncos!
    I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
    I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
    I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
    "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
    God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
    Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Let's go team!!! And by the way, is it too much to hope for the Raiders to beat the Chargers? 😛

defense must stop the run, a good pass rush but keep geno/vick in the pocket. get off the field on 3rd down & a turnover a 2 would help to...

they lead in sacks so offense must keep peyton upright, convert 3rd downs, no turnovers & hopefully can least get 70yds rushing...injury free game for both sides

when/if called upon hopefully the rookie will make the fg's to...

Go Broncos!!!!!!

2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
    2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
    BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia