Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Elway

45 76.27%
  • Manning

14 23.73%
Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbronco View Post
    could you imagine Manning with Elway's running capability?? that would be unfair
    Not only that throw in Elway cannon of an arm you have close to perfect QB made out of a lab.

Quote Originally Posted by captainbronco View Post
    could you imagine Manning with Elway's running capability?? that would be unfair
    I think he wouldn't be half the QB he is today, tbqh. Manning became a student of the game and a real-time computer because he didn't have the physical tools some guys have (e.g. his peer Ryan Leaf). Manning overcompensated with work ethic and study, and in doing so became one of the greatest. Same for Brady too...even more immobile than Manning, constantly overlooked his career, so he also became a tape junkie and was one of the few QBs I remember who gained throw distance over time because he had worked on his passing form obsessively.

You give these guys the physical talents of Jamarcus Russell and they aren't who they are today.

Elway- the most physically gifted qb of all time. Had size, mobility, durability and the most powerful arm in NFL history. He was also the greatest playmaking qb of all time. Renowned for clutch play and 4th quarter comebacks.

Manning- the most cerebral qb in NFL history. Understands the game like no other. Good, but not great, arm strength. However, also one of the most accurate passers in league history. Renowned for consistency and making those around him better.

I personally take Elway just because I grew up watching him, but am so thankful Manning is here now.

Quote Originally Posted by UnitedInOrange View Post
    I think he wouldn't be half the QB he is today, tbqh. Manning became a student of the game and a real-time computer because he didn't have the physical tools some guys have (e.g. his peer Ryan Leaf). Manning overcompensated with work ethic and study, and in doing so became one of the greatest. Same for Brady too...even more immobile than Manning, constantly overlooked his career, so he also became a tape junkie and was one of the few QBs I remember who gained throw distance over time because he had worked on his passing form obsessively.

You give these guys the physical talents of Jamarcus Russell and they aren't who they are today.
    No offense but I don't agree with this post at all or analogy. What your saying would be like if I said well, if Kobe had MJ physical freakish athletic gifts he still wouldn't he be as good as MJ or likely better even though Kobe has better fundamentals, footwork, more range, longevity, work ethic, etc. The funny thing is that Kobe hardest working professional athlete at his craft that I've ever seen besides the great Peyton Manning who is also student of the game this is my personal opinion of course. Yes, I'll take the athlete with more physical gifts (athleticism) and natural talent with close to same drive and dedication over someone that trains just as hard if not way harder, but wasn't blessed with same physical gifts. This isn't that hard to understand. It could be any sport really the person that's more naturally talented has much better chance to succeed at their craft than someone that study's and works extremely hard, but was born with less athleticism not their fault of course some athletes hit the genetic lottery, while others do not...
    Last edited by Chillez; 10-17-2014 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
    Elway was money when the game was on the line dude was flat out winner and was crazy clutch and I believe still to this day holds the record for most game winning drives with 2:00 minutes or less left. Also, most importantly Elway was a huge competitor even outside of football, he never wanted to lose in anything. Elway was a underrated athlete that could beat you many different ways not only with his mind but his legs he was pretty athletic. You know who gets my vote here.
    Actually, Manning holds the NFL record for most game winning drives at 51. He is tied with Marino. Elway had 46 and is next in line.

If elway had this team, we'd be winning a Super Bowl every year

Quote Originally Posted by CheyennePress View Post
    Actually, Manning holds the NFL record for most game winning drives at 51. He is tied with Marino. Elway had 46 and is next in line.
    Ill take Elways playoff comebacks ie the drive in Cleveland or the drive 2 vs Houston as opposed to Marinos week 4 comebacks against the Jets! On the original topic Elway is my all time favorite player hence why I became a Bronco fan in Philadelphia in 1992. That being said I would take Peyton in the regular season but I want elways improvisational abilities against the great playoff defenses. I always said Manning and Marino are like symphonic orchestras, whereas Elway is like an Improv Jazz band. You never know what you are goin to get but you are generally amazed when it happens!

Elway is the GOAT. Nobody did more with less around him.
    Jesus Loves You, even if you don't love Him.
    Woooo!! Wooooo!!! Wooooooo!!!! Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
    negs are for cowards. I won't back down.

Quote Originally Posted by CheyennePress View Post
    Oh alright. I'll still take Elway over Manning in playoffs and when the game is on the line. Manning is more clutch than some people will give him credit for.

Elway could do everything; run, throw on the run, arm strength, acuracy, comeback ability, leadership. He did it all at a high level his entire career. It was NEVER over until the clock hit 0:00 with Elway. Dude was the most athleticly skilled QB of all time IMO.

Not saying Manning is a chump cuz he's one of the best of all time, but Elway will always have a special place in my heart. I saw that guy do some of the most spectacular things on the field. Simply an amazing unforgettable player.

Quote Originally Posted by capt. Jack View Post
    Who is the better QB and why?
    I take Elway, just because!!!

It's kind of like asking, which part of the female anatomy is better, the front part or the back part. Since both are great it comes down to preference. It would be challenging to say who is better overall. It would have to come down to specifics like:

Who is better statistically...which statistic?
    Who is better in terms of entertaining to watch?
    Who is better for situation X, Y, or Z.

For the sake of answering your question, I go Elway largely due to nostalgic purposes and I like QB's that are great passers yet will dazzle you with a surprise run.

The helicopter spin to keep us in the game which turned out to be our first Super Bowl championship 'Nuff said.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Pat Bowlen, Chris Harris Jr.

The Bronco fan pledge;
    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
    Bronco's Country.

***2015 Adopt a Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.***

2013 Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan, SecondsAway131, and JWinn.

Elway my guy! I'll always pick him in most debates, he's my favorite Denver Bronco ever and favorite QB of all-time. Nobody for me anyway that I have liked as much as Elway currently or past. I enjoyed watching him play football than any other player in NFL history you could say I have a little bit of a man crush. Elway was money when the game was on the line dude was flat out winner and was crazy clutch and I believe still to this day holds the record for most game winning drives with 2:00 minutes or less left. Also, most importantly Elway was a huge competitor even outside of football, he never wanted to lose in anything. Elway was a underrated athlete that could beat you many different ways not only with his mind but his legs he was pretty athletic. You know who gets my vote here.

I'll add in with Elway you had the feeling you were never out of any game EVER no matter the score of the game. I never get that with Manning on constant basis week to week even though he has been apart of a few amazing comebacks with us few years ago against San Diego and as an Colt Monday Night game against the Bucs comes to mind. I get feeling with Peyton when things are going well everything amazing, but when adversity hits sometimes he folds this isn't all his fault btw. I do like Manning a lot, I believe he is the smartest QB to ever play the game, hands down. Peyton has computer like brain he can figure out the defense and knows what type of coverage they are running before they do. Peyton the ultimate chess player, while everyone else is stuck playing checkers, he's always one step ahead. Manning game is build on anticipation and timing and knowing his complex offensive system that takes some players a while to learn his playbook his system inside out. I'm happy as a Denver Broncos fan to be apart of having two of the greatest QB's play to ever play the game play for this franchise at one point in time. I consider myself extremely lucky.
    I'm just going to quote u, because u nailed it! PM is a great QB, but he will never invoke that feeling that I get for ol' #7. Even when the camera pans to him in the owners box, or when he comes down to the field. Nothing like knowing he's there. Not only was he my vote as the best QB to play the game, but he's still QB'ing this team to victory from the FO!!!!