Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    If we win this year, I think he would try for 1 more to total Brady so the chatter of 3-1 or 3-2 rings would stop.
    thinking the same thing....
    I support Kaepernick 100%

The other part of that question is this: Hypothetically, Manning wins 2 or more rings in Denver and breaks virtually every passing record in Denver. Does he go into the HOF and is he remembered as a Colt or a Bronco. I think Manning plays until he feels he can't go anymore at a top level and/or there is a talent drop off around him that causes him to carry a team on his shoulders, something that he's probably not ready to do as a 40-something QB.

He will deff play next year to get most pass yards and hopefully a 3rd ring.

He will probably be around 20tds short of 600 after next year, but leaving as back back SB Champs might trump 600.

He has played ball since he could walk. He knows once he hangs it up its gone for good. His passion for the game will not let him walk away easily. He has played ball longer then he has been married had kids drove a car went to school. Any one that has passion for a sport knows once you let it go it's gone forever. It's not like gold or tennis that you can play at an old age. I struggle giving up playing baseball I am 34 just play in rec leagues but I know when I quit that's it. My kids are getting older so my days are numbered.
    Last edited by MHOC; 10-22-2014 at 03:07 PM.

That was both hilarious and sooooo frickin' nasty at the same time! He puked on the center's hand and the ball if I remember correctly.

Talk about getting help from the referees

Did anyone notice the referee taking the 49er defender to the ground on Sanders' early TD? The announcers were too busy gushing about Sanders "speed" and Manning's passing to comment on it, but the player who was covering Sanders was cut to the ground by a referee, allowing Sanders to get open.

Yes we all saw it! They even replayed it on Sunday night and pointed it out.

-Rmac
    PROUD MEMBER OF BRONCOS COUNTRY

You make it sound as if it was deliberate on the part of the referee. What actually happened was that Sanders ran his route so that the referee acted as a screen.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBassett View Post
    Did anyone notice the referee taking the 49er defender to the ground on Sanders' early TD? The announcers were too busy gushing about Sanders "speed" and Manning's passing to comment on it, but the player who was covering Sanders was cut to the ground by a referee, allowing Sanders to get open.
    Yes. Chris Collinsworth pointed it out as SOP by receivers.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

The ref ran a pick play

Collinsworth called it the oldest trick in the book lol. Kinda dirty but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Yes. Chris Collinsworth pointed it out as SOP by receivers.
    This is what I was going to tell the OP

If people paid attention the reason it was highlighted was because Chris C said WRs been doing this for a long time.

I have seen it done to us on many occasions tho I usually notice it happening to a LB. Seen it done to us on many occasions.

My guess is it happens allot every single year.
    Vic Fangio "Von Miller can play better than he has ever played in his career"
    Preventing Death by Inches

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    This is what I was going to tell the OP

If people paid attention the reason it was highlighted was because Chris C said WRs been doing this for a long time.

I have seen it done to us on many occasions tho I usually notice it happening to a LB. Seen it done to us on many occasions.

My guess is it happens allot every single year.
    Yeah I'm guessing a lot of short passing plays try to use it. I think it just looked worse because Sanders got so close that the ref tried to get out of the way and slipped causing the defender to get taken out. Smart play because refs are part of the field.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-current) Bradley Roby
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Jerry Rice did this a LOT

Quote Originally Posted by gaberox View Post
    Collinsworth called it the oldest trick in the book lol. Kinda dirty but oh well.
    I don't think it's dirty at all. Referee's are considered parts of the field. It's kinda the same thing as using the sideline to your advantage.

Droz was a Jersey boy like myself, I still feel horrible about what happened to him.