Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
    Well as big KG fan I was happy he got out of Minnesota when he did he never had good supporting cast around him and wasted bunch of him prime years away staying loyal to that franchise. The Celtics big 3 get together when Allen and KG were towards end of their careers and wanted championships more than anything nothing wrong with that.
    As I said step 2 get a better team, not dissing KG but as he isnt winning anything in Minnesota the same maybe for the Chargers (insert south park joke) in SD lol

Rivers is very demonstrative. Yes, that rubs some people the wrong way. Rivers is a guy you hate, until he's on your team. Does it annoy me personally? Ya a little, but at the same time it works. Honestly, I'd rather have my QB doing that, then just be aloof like Eli. That said, to the guy comparing Rivers to Peyton, it's not even in the same stratosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Rivers is very demonstrative. Yes, that rubs some people the wrong way. Rivers is a guy you hate, until he's on your team. Does it annoy me personally? Ya a little, but at the same time it works. Honestly, I'd rather have my QB doing that, then just be aloof like Eli. That said, to the guy comparing Rivers to Peyton, it's not even in the same stratosphere.
    People hate Eli because hes so internal and people hate Manning because hes everywhere and he has high stats when the game became a passing league (and they blame him for it). Nobody is universally liked. I hated Manning before he came here but it was just because he admittedly erked me every time he tore apart our team.

Rivers overly emotional attitude has his rage moments and his smack talk have erked even many Charger fans who get tired of how much he riles up the other team with his stupidity, or belittles his own sometimes (which could have an effect). Even former teammates have said he can be a bit much, but when hes doing well its all fine when hes doing poorly and acting that way you want to just ignore him since thats all you can do. Its the same for any QB who talks the talk if you arent walking the walk at the same time they arent going to listen to you (and your o-line may stop blocking for you if you arent nicer)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
    Somebody needs to tell him that those little voices he hears are in his head and do not actually live in his helmet!

Quote Originally Posted by 58 broncomaniac View Post
    Somebody needs to tell him that those little voices he hears are in his head and do not actually live in his helmet!
    Yeah the funny thing is theres only a receiver in the hemet they cant here you, and there are coaches right next to him while hes doing it. Hes been in the NFL for a decade and he hasnt figured that out yet

Who are those little bitty guys and how did they get into my hat?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Give me space, I'm going to be sick!

Stupid Helmet! Why did you make me think it was a good idea to say i wanted Manning in this division!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    Yeah the funny thing is theres only a receiver in the hemet they cant here you, and there are coaches right next to him while hes doing it. Hes been in the NFL for a decade and he hasnt figured that out yet
    He obviously knows they can't hear him.

He's just yelling at it as a way to show that he is frustrated at them.

He obviously won't go up to Frank Reich/Mike McCoys face and do that lol.

Either way Rivers is a boss we love him.
    Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

I am sure his coaches and team mates are very proud of him. Usually when people act like this in public, they get spanked afterwards.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

one thing i noticed last night was manning was acting very similar to rivers at times, its only annoying if it isn't your QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post

I am sure his coaches and team mates are very proud of him. Usually when people act like this in public, they get spanked afterwards.
    his coaches and teammates love him to death, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    one thing i noticed last night was manning was acting very similar to rivers at times, its only annoying if it isn't your QB.
    No most Bronco fans were annoyed by the way he was acting too, you here it to no end in general discussion facebook twitter. Bronco fans thought he showed way to much attitude. Ive heard chargers and ex chargers say the guy gets a little crazy but his competitive nature makes up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    No most Bronco fans were annoyed by the way he was acting too, you here it to no end in general discussion facebook twitter. Bronco fans thought he showed way to much attitude. Ive heard chargers and ex chargers say the guy gets a little crazy but his competitive nature makes up for it.
    i don't see any issue with it, it's a football game and there is a lot of emotion evolved. i like that peyton is a little fiery, better than what the giants have with eli, a soulless statue void of emotion with no fire or vocal leadership at all.....until he is winning in the SB or something.

you guys will get a kick out of this, i don't have a link because it was on the radio in SD (i listen to the podcasts at work sometimes).

anyways, they have a segment with nick hardwick every week (our center who has been with rivers since the beginning) and they asked him a question about when rivers gets all fiery and sometimes yells at the OL'men.

he responded by saying (i'm paraphrasing) "he's gotten punched in the jaw a few times over the years, in the huddle"

not sure if he was joking but the visual i get thinking about that is hilarious!