Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,079

    New Respect for Charger fans on here

    After seeing some of the comments on ESPN's game thread
    http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/conver...meId=400554218

    All I saw was talk about how its the refs fault and Denver should never have won and Denver isnt a better team and Manning just racks up stats he cant win anything without help from the refs...

    The chargers forum was slightly better
    http://forums.chargers.com/showthrea...102130&page=26

    They dont claim it as much as being the reason for the loss just furious

    Though as the rule a forearm is down and the fumble was too close. The ref called fumble because now they can overturn them with calls so they almost always automatically rule it that way to review it.

    The holding was obvious it happened in the endzone which has always been called especially when its done from behind the receiver and the DB gets beat. You may argue it had no impact but it was a hold, plain as day. The pushoff by Gates to get the TD was not called and yes there were several non holding calls in the Chargers secondary, the Broncos actually got more penalties then the Chargers did. Yet the trolls on other sites are insane and dont care about reality

    I went to school and lived in SD for nearly a decade and I have friends that are Charger fans, seriously the whining is intense. They whine more then the QB right now, and its annoying

    All in all, the Chargers on here have been respectful, yes they are upset but respectful and I must give props for not being sore losers as so many people who got their fantasy team ruined seem to be. JTC and baph you guys deserve much respect the way your taking this loss
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 10-24-2014 at 06:57 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,351
    It's not just the chargers fans...Chief's fans were sitting on facebook last night saying crap like "wonder how much Manning pays the refs to ensure his victory, these Broncos are worse talent wise than the raiders but they pay their refs well"


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    It's not just the chargers fans...Chief's fans were sitting on facebook last night saying crap like "wonder how much Manning pays the refs to ensure his victory, these Broncos are worse talent wise than the raiders but they pay their refs well"
    Wow that ones funny, and yet I remember when we stole Sanders from them they accused us of collusion or stealing away the best FA WR who should have been theirs.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    After seeing some of the comments on ESPN's game thread
    http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/conver...meId=400554218

    All I saw was talk about how its the refs fault and Denver should never have won and Denver isnt a better team and Manning just racks up stats he cant win anything without help from the refs...

    The chargers forum was slightly better
    http://forums.chargers.com/showthrea...102130&page=26

    They dont claim it as much as being the reason for the loss just furious

    Though as the rule a forearm is down and the fumble was too close. The ref called fumble because now they can overturn them with calls so they almost always automatically rule it that way to review it.

    The holding was obvious it happened in the endzone which has always been called especially when its done from behind the receiver and the DB gets beat. You may argue it had no impact but it was a hold, plain as day. The pushoff by Gates to get the TD was not called and yes there were several non holding calls in the Chargers secondary, the Broncos actually got more penalties then the Chargers did. Yet the trolls on other sites are insane and dont care about reality

    I went to school and lived in SD for nearly a decade and I have friends that are Charger fans, seriously the whining is intense. They whine more then the QB right now, and its annoying

    All in all, the Chargers on here have been respectful, yes they are upset but respectful and I must give props for not being sore losers as so many people who got their fantasy team ruined seem to be. JTC and baph you guys deserve much respect the way your taking this loss
    lol, too funny. A thread claiming to be about respect for Chargers fans for not being sore losers, which is actually a thread about explaining how the refs did not screw the Chargers. Priceless.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    10,031
    Quote Originally Posted by JTC View Post
    lol, too funny. A thread claiming to be about respect for Chargers fans for not being sore losers, which is actually a thread about explaining how the refs did not screw the Chargers. Priceless.
    What are your thoughts on the refs from last night's game?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,079
    Quote Originally Posted by JTC View Post
    lol, too funny. A thread claiming to be about respect for Chargers fans for not being sore losers, which is actually a thread about explaining how the refs did not screw the Chargers. Priceless.
    I do my best, besides wouldnt be smack if I showed you guys to much love

    My favorite comment on the ESPN was by a film student who claimed that Denvers fan base isnt loud its all the sound system pumped in croud noise and noone yells incomplete its all fake
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 10-24-2014 at 08:55 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    What are your thoughts on the refs from last night's game?
    If you are asking me how well they did their job making the calls; I thought that they did a job that resulted in Joshe choosing to explain how they got it right or wrong and in which teams favor or non-favor.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    I do my best, besides wouldnt be smack if I showed you guys to much love

    My favorite comment on the ESPN was by a film student who claimed that Denvers fan base isnt loud its all the sound system pumped in croud noise and noone yells incomplete its all fake
    I particularly enjoyed the appeal to pride aspect of flattery. My guess is that Bap will fall for it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    392
    The refs weren't great and it did seem we may have got the benefit of some calls, but then good teams overcome bad refs, look at our game v NYJ to see how this is done.

    As for the two major calls, I was surprised at the fumble being reversed, thought it was a very close call and should have been left the way it was called. The hold on the INT, it was a hold plain and simple, people can whine all they like about it being soft but going by the rule book it is the correct call. Then you point out Gates OPI by pushing of the defender for the second SD Touch Down, funnily no one mentions this, maybe it doesn't suit there agenda.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,079
    Quote Originally Posted by JTC View Post
    If you are asking me how well they did their job making the calls; I thought that they did a job that resulted in Joshe choosing to explain how they got it right or wrong and in which teams favor or non-favor.
    Your right they were horrible in that 2nd half we had almost as many penalties as the Charger had all game. They were definitely trying to keep that game close there

    Not to mention the Gates push off on 4th down in the endzone to tie it up. They just ignored a bunch of holds too. Yet what are you going to do refs suck sometimes, good teams play well inspite of it.
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 10-24-2014 at 09:11 AM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheabers View Post
    The refs weren't great and it did seem we may have got the benefit of some calls, but then good teams overcome bad refs, look at our game v NYJ to see how this is done.

    As for the two major calls, I was surprised at the fumble being reversed, thought it was a very close call and should have been left the way it was called. The hold on the INT, it was a hold plain and simple, people can whine all they like about it being soft but going by the rule book it is the correct call. Then you point out Gates OPI by pushing of the defender for the second SD Touch Down, funnily no one mentions this, maybe it doesn't suit there agenda.
    You have to overcome bad calls week to week, if they think rivers is so frail he cant come back from a 7 point deficit then that says more about their confidence in him. We knew the Jets game was coming after JT and it being in NY. We will probably get a lot of penalties in SD

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,927
    We had a couple calls go our way. The holding call on Weddle's pick had nothing to do with the play, so even though it was the right call, we got lucky there. I really don't see how they overturned the fumble, myself.

    We can go the other way too, though. Gates clearly pushes off on 4th down for a touchdown, and I think it was 63 on the Chargers OLine who peeled back and hit Von Miller in the back while he was being blocked. Von had to come out for a play, and it's a good thing he wasn't injured.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    We had a couple calls go our way. The holding call on Weddle's pick had nothing to do with the play, so even though it was the right call, we got lucky there..
    I disagree..if Welker isn't held the trajectory of the pass is different because its to a deeper part of the end zone...
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,809
    I thought you could make contact up to 5 yards, but not hold, right? What does Weddle's play have to do with a defensive penalty that is often called away from the play on the ball? It shouldn't matter whether it affected the play or not, right? It was a hold.

    I think the better argument isn't about the actual interception but whether Welker really was held. In the moment it didn't look like much, but then after Gates pushed off for his TD maybe the refs we're trying to keep it clean in the end zone.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I disagree..if Welker isn't held the trajectory of the pass is different because its to a deeper part of the end zone...
    I would have to go back and watch the play again, because I'm assuming that it was more of an anticipation throw. So yeah, if Manning threw the pass short because Welker was more shallow than he was supposed to be, then it would be a factor.

    Either way, it was a great play by Weddle. Weddle probably should have created two turnovers in that game. I have to admit that I was wrong about him when he first came into the league.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •