Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I would have to go back and watch the play again, because I'm assuming that it was more of an anticipation throw. So yeah, if Manning threw the pass short because Welker was more shallow than he was supposed to be, then it would be a factor.

    Either way, it was a great play by Weddle. Weddle probably should have created two turnovers in that game. I have to admit that I was wrong about him when he first came into the league.
    I agree I assumed the same thing, I think Weddle would have probably gotten the pick but its hard to say Welkers route was obviously changed by the corner and thats why it was called. Its hard to argue one way or another that he would have impacted the outcome because it wasnt completely away from the ball when he was held as it was obviously too him.

    Yeah Gates gave man handled Ward there I have to hand it to the old guy hes still as strong as ever

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    745
    Thanks we appreciate it.

    About the refs its not so much that they "screwed" us. We all know as sports fans sometimes you're going to have a game where a couple big calls go one teams way its just how it is. Sometimes we are the recipient, sometimes we are not. Everyone's been "screwed" at least once, and has benefited from a call at least once so it balances out in the end. Obviously I"m not advocated that train of thought but its just how it is, how can we change it or prove it either way? The Broncos have been screwed a lot too so I just hate it when S.D. fans or other fans seeing that game think there is a conspiracy for Manning to get another ring this season. If they wanted the dude to have more hardware he wouldn't only have 1 trophy 16 years in people... No conspiracy, just bad reffing as we see every now and then.

    Good example: S.D. got a huge break so to say in last years finale against Kansas City, we all know what I'm talking about. Doesn't mean the league is rigging it for S.D. right?

    To be honest I don't really even care so much about the calls anymore lol. What annoys me more is exactly what Peyton Manning himself eluded to and most Bronco fans are not paying attention to. In his post game presser he said he felt it was disrespectful of the video board guy to keep showing Rivers on the sideline when he's mad. That was pretty low and I'm glad Peyton pointed it out. Its just sad that the two fan bases can't have the same respect that the players have for one another and still be rivals. Rivers himself said without hesitation his favorite QB is Peyton.

    Anyways thats my two cents.
    Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by powderblues View Post
    Thanks we appreciate it.

    About the refs its not so much that they "screwed" us. We all know as sports fans sometimes you're going to have a game where a couple big calls go one teams way its just how it is. Sometimes we are the recipient, sometimes we are not. Everyone's been "screwed" at least once, and has benefited from a call at least once so it balances out in the end. Obviously I"m not advocated that train of thought but its just how it is, how can we change it or prove it either way? The Broncos have been screwed a lot too so I just hate it when S.D. fans or other fans seeing that game think there is a conspiracy for Manning to get another ring this season. If they wanted the dude to have more hardware he wouldn't only have 1 trophy 16 years in people... No conspiracy, just bad reffing as we see every now and then.

    Good example: S.D. got a huge break so to say in last years finale against Kansas City, we all know what I'm talking about. Doesn't mean the league is rigging it for S.D. right?

    To be honest I don't really even care so much about the calls anymore lol. What annoys me more is exactly what Peyton Manning himself eluded to and most Bronco fans are not paying attention to. In his post game presser he said he felt it was disrespectful of the video board guy to keep showing Rivers on the sideline when he's mad. That was pretty low and I'm glad Peyton pointed it out. Its just sad that the two fan bases can't have the same respect that the players have for one another and still be rivals. Rivers himself said without hesitation his favorite QB is Peyton.

    Anyways thats my two cents.
    I am not sure how it works in America but in most soccer games that are live on the TV and have big screens in the stadium it's the TV footage that they show on the screen it has nothing to do with the clubs.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,079
    Quote Originally Posted by powderblues View Post
    Thanks we appreciate it.

    About the refs its not so much that they "screwed" us. We all know as sports fans sometimes you're going to have a game where a couple big calls go one teams way its just how it is. Sometimes we are the recipient, sometimes we are not. Everyone's been "screwed" at least once, and has benefited from a call at least once so it balances out in the end. Obviously I"m not advocated that train of thought but its just how it is, how can we change it or prove it either way? The Broncos have been screwed a lot too so I just hate it when S.D. fans or other fans seeing that game think there is a conspiracy for Manning to get another ring this season. If they wanted the dude to have more hardware he wouldn't only have 1 trophy 16 years in people... No conspiracy, just bad reffing as we see every now and then.

    Good example: S.D. got a huge break so to say in last years finale against Kansas City, we all know what I'm talking about. Doesn't mean the league is rigging it for S.D. right?

    To be honest I don't really even care so much about the calls anymore lol. What annoys me more is exactly what Peyton Manning himself eluded to and most Bronco fans are not paying attention to. In his post game presser he said he felt it was disrespectful of the video board guy to keep showing Rivers on the sideline when he's mad. That was pretty low and I'm glad Peyton pointed it out. Its just sad that the two fan bases can't have the same respect that the players have for one another and still be rivals. Rivers himself said without hesitation his favorite QB is Peyton.

    Anyways thats my two cents.
    Well Rivers compliment was a slight because he was talking about seeing Manning play in the league 22 year ago, but yeah it doesnt happen and should never have happened. Oddly enough on the boards they are defending this guy and blaming Manning for attacking him in his presser. (though Mannings comments probably will get the guy fired)

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheabers View Post
    I am not sure how it works in America but in most soccer games that are live on the TV and have big screens in the stadium it's the TV footage that they show on the screen it has nothing to do with the clubs.
    In a way thats true they get footage from the TV cameras and display them on the screen sometimes they see from different cameras then those at home. The TV crew had a camera on Rivers on the sideline which they had all game because well the way he acts draws attention to himself on the sideline. Yes the moment Manning is referring to was actually on TV, though he could have selected a different camera to display.

    Watching Manning on the sideline is boring you might get lucky and see him do a fist pump when the D has a big play but most of the time hes studying. Rivers is usually acting like he escaped from the looney bin which makes him interesting to watch, and yes its why cameras are on him constantly at games. I cant say I agree with using the footage but its not something that normally happens so their or in other stadiums. Usually the other teams bench is off limits.
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 10-24-2014 at 07:53 PM.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,225
    the refs were brutal but the broncos clearly outmatched the chargers, anybody could see that. its not like it was a close game where a bad call or two may have decided the outcome.

    besides, that one gates TD was also questionable, so the brutal reffing was on both sides really.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,502
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    the refs were brutal but the broncos clearly outmatched the chargers, anybody could see that. its not like it was a close game where a bad call or two may have decided the outcome.

    besides, that one gates TD was also questionable, so the brutal reffing was on both sides really.
    Well, if the call stands before the half, the INT stands with Weddle, and SD recovers the Weddle punch, it is a different game, but I guess we'll never know.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    10,031
    Quote Originally Posted by powderblues View Post
    Thanks we appreciate it.

    About the refs its not so much that they "screwed" us. We all know as sports fans sometimes you're going to have a game where a couple big calls go one teams way its just how it is. Sometimes we are the recipient, sometimes we are not. Everyone's been "screwed" at least once, and has benefited from a call at least once so it balances out in the end. Obviously I"m not advocated that train of thought but its just how it is, how can we change it or prove it either way? The Broncos have been screwed a lot too so I just hate it when S.D. fans or other fans seeing that game think there is a conspiracy for Manning to get another ring this season. If they wanted the dude to have more hardware he wouldn't only have 1 trophy 16 years in people... No conspiracy, just bad reffing as we see every now and then.

    Good example: S.D. got a huge break so to say in last years finale against Kansas City, we all know what I'm talking about. Doesn't mean the league is rigging it for S.D. right?

    To be honest I don't really even care so much about the calls anymore lol. What annoys me more is exactly what Peyton Manning himself eluded to and most Bronco fans are not paying attention to. In his post game presser he said he felt it was disrespectful of the video board guy to keep showing Rivers on the sideline when he's mad. That was pretty low and I'm glad Peyton pointed it out. Its just sad that the two fan bases can't have the same respect that the players have for one another and still be rivals. Rivers himself said without hesitation his favorite QB is Peyton.

    Anyways thats my two cents.
    The two fan bases don't respect one another! Charger fans have no respect for Manning and the Broncos despite a 5-1 record against Rivers & the Bolts!

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,079
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    The two fan bases don't respect one another! Charger fans have no respect for Manning and the Broncos despite a 5-1 record against Rivers & the Bolts!
    Well for 30 years we acted like they werent even in the division having only a handful of meaningful seasons since the SB era. Then they become the only team to stand in our way and we predicted (correctly) that as usual they wouldnt be in our way for that much longer. They think of us as main rival yet honestly most Bronco fans hate the Raiders despise the Chiefs and only really hate Rivers and dislike the rest

    We have more hatred for the Patriots in bronco country then the chargers, not to mention the Steelers and we used to really despise the old Brown. Heck even the Seahakws became more of a rivalry last year. The problem is we havent played enough meaningful games against them to earn that respect. Our biggest problem is how their fanbase somehow magically shows up when they are good. Even in the decade the Raiders have been bad I have known more Raider fans proudly supporting their team then in the few years the Chargers were irrelevant again
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 10-25-2014 at 12:51 PM.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,376
    I can't wait for the frickin bye week.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    Our biggest problem is how their fanbase somehow magically shows up when they are good. Even in the decade the Raiders have been bad I have known more Raider fans proudly supporting their team then in the few years the Chargers were irrelevant again
    You just described San Diego sports to a T.

    I think even honest Chargers fans realize their team is pretty irrelevant even here in SD more often than not.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,225
    Quote Originally Posted by SDERA View Post
    I can't wait for the frickin bye week.
    we have 1 game in 23 days, can't help but assume we will be much heather by the time we play the raiders.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,225
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    The two fan bases don't respect one another! Charger fans have no respect for Manning and the Broncos despite a 5-1 record against Rivers & the Bolts!
    more assumptions, what makes you say that chargers fans don't respect manning? i know i do, i think hes the best QB that's ever put on a broncos uniform and that's mot a knock on elway, i just think manning is one of the best ever even with the subpar playoff record.

    obviously i am only speaking for myself, i am sure there are plenty of chargers fans who now hate peyton or maybe they hate every manning because eli disrespected us by saying he didn't want to play for SD.

    personally, ive always liked peyton, ever since college when he choked away the national championship game to my huskers

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,079
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    we have 1 game in 23 days, can't help but assume we will be much heather by the time we play the raiders.
    Yet if you listen to Colin Cowherd we have it much easier in the next few weeks (somehow), all because we have some easy games after NE and an extra few days before we head to foxborough. That pissed me off so much when he said that
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 10-26-2014 at 06:52 PM.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    Yet if you listen to Colin Cowherd we have it much easier in the next few weeks (somehow), all because we have some easy games after NE and an extra few days before we head to foxborough. That pissed me off so much when he said that
    Does he not realize we have the 2nd hardest strength of schedule in the league. What a tool. Does he not realize we had our damn bye after freaking week 3? Does he not realize we have 6 of our last 8 games on the road?

    And does he not realize how easy the Pats first half schedule has been?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •