Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Of course the running game is important, but to trade up for a RB is often a wasted pick and really an unwise move. There are really great RBs teams can get in later rounds that work just as well.

If you look around the league, so many RBs who are doing well have come from 2, 3, 4, 5th rounds.

Edit: DeMarco Murray - 3rd Round
    Arian Foster - Undrafted
    Jamal Charles - 3rd Round
    This is another part of the equation, the ability to get good players in lower rounds fairly easily at the RB position. If used in the right way most if not all NFL caliber RBs are going to do well(as long as there is good enough blocking), and your not going to find 'awful' RBs at the NFL level too often, if ever.

I would only want to trade up for a QB, Offensive Lineman or Defensive Lineman in most cases. Maybe a Patrick Willis type LB or Calvin Johnson type WR but that's about it other than that. It's more difficult to find effective players at those positions, and those positions have an ability to impact the game in a bigger way.
    Last edited by fallforward3y+; 11-01-2014 at 09:45 PM.

I'm a Montee guy but... no.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Here's some RB's after the 1st round.

Charles- best RB in the NFL imo, drafted in the 3rd round.
    Foster- UDFA.
    McCoy- 2nd round.
    Murray- 3rd round. Dallas has THREE 1st round picks in the last 4 years, that is why they run the ball so well, Elway take notice.
    Forte- 2nd round.
    Bell- 2nd round.
    Gore- 3rd round?
    Morris- 6th round.

I can keep going but you get the picture, drafting a RB in the 1st, let alone trading up for one is stupid unless somehow Gurley is sitting there when we pick.

I'd consider that option, I think he'll be special.
    That's who I was talking about. Let me get this straight. I do not want to trade the farm. I am just saying Gurley will be great IMO. Abdullah will also be great IMO. If we could land one of those guys, I would be super excited. Balance is key in today's NFL. It's not all about passing. Balance is key. We saw what a non-existent running game does for Manning. Gurley would be huge for our offense, not just for the immediate future, but for life after Manning.

I would think Montee should earn his spot back. It would be foolish, IMO, to pull Hillman the way he has played so far this season.

We need Montee ball

For the love of julius thomas not having to block as much, we need montee. Hillman can't block if his life depended on it, and should be used in a darren sproles role because sucks a fat one at blocking.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMorris View Post
    For the love of julius thomas not having to block as much, we need montee. Hillman can't block if his life depended on it, and should be used in a darren sproles role because sucks a fat one at blocking.
    prepare to be tarred and feathered. people here hate montee ball. Then again, it's a losing week so theyre also wanting Fox, JDR, manning, JT, Welker, Moore, and a few others to be released

WELCOME TO BRONCO COUNTRY

Its clear what hillmans being used for to me, put him every where because hes a big mistmatch. hes excellent, but hes making julius into a blocker

For the sake of my Fantasy Football team, I approve this message.

IMO Hillman is not an every play back. If you get the defense softened up he can put up some good numbers but he is not a player that teams have to game plan for. Ball on the other hand may be that player who has the potential to become a real threat. We will have to wait and see. If we come up with a real threat at running back next year it will take some pressure off the O line and put our defense in a better situation with more rest and better field position. Playsmart...

I dont know why people dont understand if you look at the games with montee ball you will see that over half of his carries came with defenders in his face behind the line of scrimmage. he is a pretty tough runner and usually got away from the first defender there to gain positive yards. then he gets hurt and the offense uses a double tight end look with cornick as the second tight end and also did a triple tight end look with cornick and virgil green on the same side. also franklin has been looking alot better than when montee was in there. i think keeping the same offensive look with montee i do believe he is going to look even better than when ronnie was in there.