Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

The official 2014-2015 Denver Nuggets thread

First game is tonight. Not sure yet what to think of this team but we could surprise if we stay healthy.

Go Nuggs!

I'm excited for this season. Nearly everyone is healthy and we have good depth at every position. So much so that I think we make a midseason trade for a good impact player. Would ike to see us get rid of McGee and Gallinari somehow.

PF
    Kenneth Faried
    J.J. Hickson
    Darrell Arthur

C
    Timofey Mozgov
    Jusuf Nurkic
    JaVale McGee

SF
    Danilo Gallinari
    Wilson Chandler
    Alonzo Gee

SG
    Arron Afflalo
    Randy Foye
    Gary Harris

PG
    Ty Lawson
    Nate Robinson
    Erick Green

Getting Afflalo for Fournier was a great move. Can't wait to see how this season turns out. I think we at least make the playoffs with a 6 or 7 seed, exceeding the expectations of all the talking heads and "experts" out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    I'm excited for this season. Nearly everyone is healthy and we have good depth at every position. So much so that I think we make a midseason trade for a good impact player. Would ike to see us get rid of McGee and Gallinari somehow.

PF
    Kenneth Faried
    J.J. Hickson
    Darrell Arthur

C
    Timofey Mozgov
    Jusuf Nurkic
    JaVale McGee

SF
    Danilo Gallinari
    Wilson Chandler
    Alonzo Gee

SG
    Arron Afflalo
    Randy Foye
    Gary Harris

PG
    Ty Lawson
    Nate Robinson
    Erick Green

Getting Afflalo for Fournier was a great move. Can't wait to see how this season turns out. I think we at least make the playoffs with a 6 or 7 seed, exceeding the expectations of all the talking heads and "experts" out there.
    I don't really get all the hate for McGee. He hasn't even played a full season under Shaw. Yes, he is making a lot, but sometimes you have to pay for potential. Also I couldn't disagree more on Gallo, guy is an all-star caliber player.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I don't really get all the hate for McGee. He hasn't even played a full season under Shaw. Yes, he is making a lot, but sometimes you have to pay for potential. Also I couldn't disagree more on Gallo, guy is an all-star caliber player.
    All-star caliber how? He's always hurt, plays no defense and has no inside game. Greg Oden has potential too, just because he's tall. When is he ever going to live up to it? McGee's asthma doesn't help either. He's never going to play 27 minutes a game in Denver on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    All-star caliber how? He's always hurt, plays no defense and has no inside game. Greg Oden has potential too, just because he's tall. When is he ever going to live up to it? McGee's asthma doesn't help either. He's never going to play 27 minutes a game in Denver on a regular basis.
    Harden doesn't play D either, yet he's 1st all team. I'm saying why don't you give McGee a chance with a coach known for developing players. No big man is gonna play 27min a game in our system. McGee is already one of the best rim protectors in the league, he will always have that aspect. Let's give a guy some time before we wash our hands with him.

Looking forward to the season. Go Nuggets!

2013 Adopted Bronco: Wesley Woodyard
    2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
    BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
    Looking forward to the season. Go Nuggets!

It's good to see them having some fun, but did they really have to use a Taylor Swift song?

One day Denver will make open 3s, not this day, but one day

This team is extremely deep. We will wear a lot of teams down

Faried has shown impressive improvement. Playing like this we got a steal on his contract.

Faried's gonna have a big year. Decent win, Detroit isn't that good. Rebounded well. Nurkic looked in control on the glass minus the fouls, Afflalo is what we need to get back to the postseason. This team can play a slower style like Shaw wants and execute it pretty well I think. Gallo had another terrible night shooting.

Really nice win, lets hope we can keep this kinda defense up all year!

Faried is a beast, Gallo needs to get his legs back under him (a lot of shots came up short) AAA looked good, Hopefully TY can get back to his old self.

The one thing I like about this team is its depth and the big men.

All in all decent win.

I do get the McGee hate. The guy is freak talent with no idea how to use it. He's still not figured out how to help his team win. My only wish is someone else falls in love with what he could be and we get rid of him and that contract.

Gallo, he draws fouls and does play D. I didn't see anyone he was guarding go off. I like a healthy Gallo.

I also like a fit Chandler.

Nurkic. My goodness! This kid is twenty and he may already be the most fundamentally sound big man we have. Nothing fancy but simple bball because he knows how to use his size, get position, and work hard.

Faried, so fun to watch. His D was awful at times though.

Lawson. Man this guy just doesn't seem to get it. I love his talent. But, he just disappears and if his game isn't on he's done. He can't stay in front of his man on D and on O he's not pushing the ball and using his assets. I'm growing tired of this guy, sadly.

I'd trade McGee and Robinson for Augustine right now. I like Augustine, he's aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaOrange View Post
    I do get the McGee hate. The guy is freak talent with no idea how to use it. He's still not figured out how to help his team win. My only wish is someone else falls in love with what he could be and we get rid of him and that contract.

Gallo, he draws fouls and does play D. I didn't see anyone he was guarding go off. I like a healthy Gallo.

I also like a fit Chandler.

Nurkic. My goodness! This kid is twenty and he may already be the most fundamentally sound big man we have. Nothing fancy but simple bball because he knows how to use his size, get position, and work hard.

Faried, so fun to watch. His D was awful at times though.

Lawson. Man this guy just doesn't seem to get it. I love his talent. But, he just disappears and if his game isn't on he's done. He can't stay in front of his man on D and on O he's not pushing the ball and using his assets. I'm growing tired of this guy, sadly.

I'd trade McGee and Robinson for Augustine right now. I like Augustine, he's aggressive.

To be fair to Lawson, he is not healthy right now. Agree on McGee though, Nurkic and Moz have made him expendable IMO. But McGee's contract will make him hard to move. The dumbest thing Masai ever did was give him that deal.