Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 604
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    5,528
    Quote Originally Posted by The Experience View Post
    To be fair to Lawson, he is not healthy right now. Agree on McGee though, Nurkic and Moz have made him expendable IMO. But McGee's contract will make him hard to move. The dumbest thing Masai ever did was give him that deal.
    I don't blame Ujiri for leaving after that.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    2,113
    Quote Originally Posted by The Experience View Post
    To be fair to Lawson, he is not healthy right now. Agree on McGee though, Nurkic and Moz have made him expendable IMO. But McGee's contract will make him hard to move. The dumbest thing Masai ever did was give him that deal.
    That was a terrible deal.

    I hope Lawson levels out with more help. With some low post scoring it should make his job easier. But, he needs to always be a head ache and to often he's passive and/or complacent.

    What to watch tonight, Av's or Nuggs. The previous button on my remote will be worn out.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Centennial, CO
    Posts
    3,440
    This team is getting blown out by a OKC team with out Durant and Westbrook

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    5,528
    Chandler is terrible.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    900
    Quote Originally Posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
    This team is getting blown out by a OKC team with out Durant and Westbrook
    Exactly!! You beat me to it.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    1,726
    Oh man this is pathetic. Either Karl is one of the all time greats leading more or less this same team to 57 wins, or Shaw is just terrible. I'm leaning towards the latter. Everyone on this team seems to have regressed significantly over the offseason.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    2,113
    It's funny that Karl couldn't win the big games yada yada yada, same with Fox.

    Anyway, I'm not sure about Shaw but I will say if your starters suck they should be on a pretty short leash. How you let them come in the second half and do the same as the first is beyond me.

    Karl rode Lawson pretty hard. Lawson is so pathetically inconsistent he's wearing me thin. Your PG should be a leader and set the tone and I don't see it. Nate may get a little ball hogging at times and put up a crazy shot here and there but he's in there to make something happen. Lawson does a lot of nothing. His defense is awful as well. I get he's a post up risk but that's not how he's getting beat. He can't stay in front of his man on d, that's crap bball.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    10,692
    The Nuggets are so bad its funny

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    2,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    The Nuggets are so bad its funny
    They are pretty hard to watch. Lawson was good in Portland, looking like his old self. That's great and when he's forcing the issue it opens up the floor for others. The problem is when he decides to take a play or two off then the offense becomes long jump shots or shot clock beaters. They aren't using the big guys to post up enough. The big guys are trying but they rarely get an entry pass. That first game against the Pistons they fed the post a bunch, not sure why they stopped.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    12,706
    George Karl would be amused watching this team I am sure. I would rather a top regular season team and playoffs every year then this joke of a team. Again proving Masai Ujiri didn't do that great of a job and George Karl worked magic to get this team to the heights he did. I miss George Karl.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not an Alabama fan
    Posts
    12,493
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    George Karl would be amused watching this team I am sure. I would rather a top regular season team and playoffs every year then this joke of a team. Again proving Masai Ujiri didn't do that great of a job and George Karl worked magic to get this team to the heights he did. I miss George Karl.
    I would almost agree with you on Ujiri if not for the Raptors being 7-1. The man knows how to build a roster.

    I don't completely agree that we should've kept Karl either. I don't care to win 50 games a season if it's always 1 and done come playoffs.

    I think the problem is the style we play. Last year we tried to play Shaws style with Karl's players. That was a failure. This year Shaw has decided to try Karl's style except wait that's not the style he is used to coaching.

    I think that despite what fans want they need to blow up this roster and make a serious attempt to build a roster for Shaws style. That's why we hired him. We didn't hire him to come in and continue Karl's style which fails every postseason.

    I realize blowing up the roster could mean a 5 year setback. But I think that's the only way to ever get Shaws style to work.

    And if the front office isn't willing to do that then in that event I do agree Karl was better than Shaw to run Karl's offense

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    2,113
    At this point Shaw has to go. Obviously he has far more basketball knowledge than me but I can't figure out what his game plan is. At this point if I were the coach I would be saying I don't care what we do on the offensive side of the ball but we will play defense. We don't play any and it's hideous. There is absolutely nothing positive or fun to watch in Nuggets bball. Nothing.

    How can a single player on this roster be listening to Shaw?

    I was plenty happy with Karl and getting to the playoffs every year. It gave us a chance and let's face it unless you have one or two top 10 talent you're not going to win a championship so talk of how he didn't win in the playoffs is pretty bogus and could be said about the majority of teams that make it to the playoffs. Nobody can lineup any of our rosters and say we should have beat any of the champions while Karl was coach. Except for the Pistons blip this is a superstar league and if you don't have one you can pretty much go fish. What's interesting is the closest we had to a superstar was Melo and realistically Karl got far more out of him in a tougher conference than Melo can ever achieve in NY.

    I read an article today saying Karl masked our defensive deficiencies by his style of play. I think that's bogus. If an assignment was missed Karl would call a timeout and pull that player from the game. Under Karl there were consequences for poor defensive play, turnovers, stupid fouls and poor shot selection.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    7,924
    Left in the third quarter last night. This team is not even fun to watch in losses anymore. I don't know if they think these guys will 'come around' in the near future or what. They need to pull a 76ers and just straight tank for a rebuild. But winning 30ish games a year does nothing except lose fans.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not an Alabama fan
    Posts
    12,493
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaOrange View Post
    At this point Shaw has to go. Obviously he has far more basketball knowledge than me but I can't figure out what his game plan is. At this point if I were the coach I would be saying I don't care what we do on the offensive side of the ball but we will play defense. We don't play any and it's hideous. There is absolutely nothing positive or fun to watch in Nuggets bball. Nothing.

    How can a single player on this roster be listening to Shaw?

    I was plenty happy with Karl and getting to the playoffs every year. It gave us a chance and let's face it unless you have one or two top 10 talent you're not going to win a championship so talk of how he didn't win in the playoffs is pretty bogus and could be said about the majority of teams that make it to the playoffs. Nobody can lineup any of our rosters and say we should have beat any of the champions while Karl was coach. Except for the Pistons blip this is a superstar league and if you don't have one you can pretty much go fish. What's interesting is the closest we had to a superstar was Melo and realistically Karl got far more out of him in a tougher conference than Melo can ever achieve in NY.

    I read an article today saying Karl masked our defensive deficiencies by his style of play. I think that's bogus. If an assignment was missed Karl would call a timeout and pull that player from the game. Under Karl there were consequences for poor defensive play, turnovers, stupid fouls and poor shot selection.
    Nobody said he had to win championships. Fans like me were upset because it was always 1 and done. It was embarrassing.

    We were literally an NBA punchline with all of the one and dones minus the 1 western conference finals year.

    Yes I understand you need an elite guy to win a championship. But plenty of teams advance past the first round without a super star. Memphis does it regularly. Why? Because they play defense. Karl's teams weren't a far cry better on defense than this years team. So any talk of him holding players responsible is bogus. We may not have been league worst but it was always near the bottom.

    I can't think of another team that had 9 one and dones out of 10 years.

    Now most of the time was due to not having home court. But the two times we did have home court we still lost both series in 6. Utah and Golden State.

    And in both series I can't say either team had better superstars than the Nuggets. Definitely not Utah when Melo and Chauncey were here.

    You might could claim Curry but the rest of the lineup was similar to the Nuggets. Those are the two series that were the final straw to me with Karl. I couldn't care less about 55 regular season wins if we can't hold home court in the playoffs. At least this years team is going to get a top 5 draft pick. Karl's teams always brought a 20 range pick with several times trading out. Yet still no playoff wins. So we were never in position to get a superstar.

    I agree I don't believe Shaw is going to keep his job. But this season is what we have to suffer through to get an elite player for a championship. Or at least a playoff round win. Even with how bad this year is I don't want Karl back. And never will.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    900
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Left in the third quarter last night. This team is not even fun to watch in losses anymore. I don't know if they think these guys will 'come around' in the near future or what. They need to pull a 76ers and just straight tank for a rebuild. But winning 30ish games a year does nothing except lose fans.
    Yeah, when I saw the they had 84 points at halftime, I was thinking if they don't pull their foot off the gas they could easily score 160 points. It was comical; Denver would miss a layup, Portland would get the rebound and convert a three. This happened almost every time. I don't know what was worse, the fact they were giving up three pointers or missing layups......

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •