Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Whats your take on this bizarre story about Romo and Jones

There seems to be some bizarre stuff coming out of Dallas about Jerry Jones saying that whether Romo plays will depend upon his ability to play through the pain. It certainly sounds to me like Jones is challenging Romo to play in spite of the injury to his back. Talk about throwing your quarterback under the bus
    Il a été soit couché ou alors qu'il est étendu maintenant.

December is gonna come early for Dallas this season.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Larryh View Post
    There seems to be some bizarre stuff coming out of Dallas about Jerry Jones saying that whether Romo plays will depend upon his ability to play through the pain. It certainly sounds to me like Jones is challenging Romo to play in spite of the injury to his back. Talk about throwing your quarterback under the bus
    I agree. Jones is a godawful excuse for an owner. He had no business being present when the medical evaluation was being done during the game, and he has no business making medically related statements about Romo's ability to play. What incredible arrogance to make himself not only the GM, but the team doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
    I agree. Jones is a godawful excuse for an owner. He had no business being present when the medical evaluation was being done during the game, and he has no business making medically related statements about Romo's ability to play. What incredible arrogance to make himself not only the GM, but the team doctor.
    I see where you're coming from but if anyone has any business being there it would be the owner of the team. Whether he SHOULD be there or if he SHOULD be as hands on as he is.... well that's another discussion.

For the OP I dont see what JJ said as calling out his player but just letting everyone know that Romo playing is not going to injure him further. But I can see how others would think that.
    res ipsa loquitur

Quote Originally Posted by CoronaCalBronco View Post
    I see where you're coming from but if anyone has any business being there it would be the owner of the team. Whether he SHOULD be there or if he SHOULD be as hands on as he is.... well that's another discussion.

For the OP I dont see what JJ said as calling out his player but just letting everyone know that Romo playing is not going to injure him further. But I can see how others would think that.
    By "having no business", I meant to question his role in that situation. The fact is that Jones' lack of medical knowledge means his presence is superfluous, as superfluous as having one of the cheerleaders present. The decision on whether to play is a joint one between Romo, the medical staff, and the coaches, and as I said, it's sheer arrogance for him to think he can supercede all those other roles.

Wasn't he just relaying what the medical staff said to Jason Garrett? Isn't Jerry often on the sidelines? He's also the GM so I think he was relaying info and not demanding Romo go back into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Wasn't he just relaying what the medical staff said to Jason Garrett? Isn't Jerry often on the sidelines? He's also the GM so I think he was relaying info and not demanding Romo go back into the game.
    When an update on a player's medical condition is given around the league, how often is it the team owner giving the report? For that matter, how often is it the GM giving the report? As for not demanding that Romo go back in, how often is an owner standing there while the medical evaluation is being conducted? It's very hard to think that Jones didn't say something like "golly, I really hope Tony can play", and to further think that didn't apply some implied pressure to put him back in.

By "having no business", I meant to question his role in that situation. The fact is that Jones' lack of medical knowledge means his presence is superfluous, as superfluous as having one of the cheerleaders present. The decision on whether to play is a joint one between Romo, the medical staff, and the coaches, and as I said, it's sheer arrogance for him to think he can supercede all those other roles.
    I think we both have a similar point of view on the subject of JJ. He should not be anywhere outside of that owners box... he should not be the GM either. I believe his enhanced role with the Cowboys is a detriment to the franchise. I don't think the players mind at all but it has to drive the coaches bat _____ crazy.
    res ipsa loquitur

I think we both have a similar point of view on the subject of JJ. He should not be anywhere outside of that owners box... he should not be the GM either. I believe his enhanced role with the Cowboys is a detriment to the franchise. I don't think the players mind at all but it has to drive the coaches bat _____ crazy.
    Well, since I've hated the Cowboys for a long time, I actually like it that Jones is their owner. I believe his antics will keep them from ever being a contending team.

Well, since I've hated the Cowboys for a long time, I actually like it that Jones is their owner. I believe his antics will keep them from ever being a contending team.

ditto
    res ipsa loquitur

Jerry Jones; the Al Davis of the NFC.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Jerry Jones is an egomaniac... but I swear Al Davis (may he RIP) was mentally ill.
    res ipsa loquitur

I think Jerry Jones is just a different breed of owner. Some stuff can be overlooked and I think this is one of those things. He does need to hire a general manager though.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    He has nowhere near the accomplishments of Al Davis.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Jerry Jones is an egomaniac... but I swear Al Davis (may he RIP) was mentally ill.
    I'll assume you weren't around in the Sixties. The young often think old folks are mentally ill. Study the history of the AFL if you're interested in a balanced view of Al Davis. All of us eventually deal with old age.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus