Page 133 of 133 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133
Results 1,981 to 1,987 of 1987
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamSchefter View Post
    Ok i havent posted here in a while, but i have to say the pats didn't out play us by much definitely not by this many points. We didnt struggle moving the ball, we just didnt score with it. Just like in the superbowl, they let the patriots play physical with the dbs much like the seahawks BUT THEY CALL EVERY FOUL ON US. At one point it was 2 penalties on them vs 9 on us. They missed some big calls such as the block in the back, and holding on the oline all night. The refs set a tone early to this game that favored them, they fed off of it. In the second half the refs started calling the things that NE was doing in the first half, we were able to get down the field with ease and if it was a close game we would of kicked far more fgs (no idea if our kicker makes it). We face them again in their house, we just need to be more physical with them early. They also missed 3 intentional groundings, which i dont understand how you could miss.
    ADAM, the ref they had on call for TV said that block in the back was a good NON call because he came in from the side!!!!

Wait? Home teams get more calls? No! Denver better hope for another balmy January

Quote Originally Posted by fore2213 View Post
    Im not sure I understand this mentality. This is the fourth time someone has brought up the rest of the Pats schedule. Reading this forum over the past week, the fans here were convinced the Broncos were the most dominant team in the NFL, superior in every aspect of the game except coaching. Explain to me how, if you were the cream of the crop, and you were essentially dismantled, how any of the other "less superior" teams will beat the Pats? I don't doubt its possible, but many here guarantee it and are already claiming HF come playoff time. If anything came out of today, you would think it would be humility. Any given sunday had never been truer, but brushing aside what happened today seems to be a bit silly.
    Even the best teams can have a bad game. I still believe that the Broncos were easily the "best" team in the NFL last season, but they had bad games against NE and in the Superbowl. It happens. Yesterday, the Broncos played a bad game in all phases. Offense, defense, and special teams all looked outclassed. But that doesn't mean that the Broncos are incapable of beating the Patriots--look at last year when the Patriots won in the regular season but the Broncos earned a convincing victory against NE when it counted more in the AFC Championship Game. Another example: I think we'd all agree that the Patriots are a far better football team than the Chiefs. But just a few weeks ago, the Chiefs handed those same Patriots a humiliating 41-14 loss. NE played a bad game that day, but over a 7-game series I'd bet anything that the Pats would come out on top.

Anything can happen in one game--that's one of the things that makes the NFL so exciting. But past results certainly do not guarantee future outcomes, and if (when?) our Broncos meet up with New England again, likely in the playoffs, I'm confident that we'll see a much different game than we witnessed yesterday. Denver did not play up to their usual level, so to say this loss means they're no longer a "dominant" football team is not accurate. If Denver had played their best game and still lost, then maybe you would have a point. NE is "more dominant" than KC, but the Chiefs still pulled out a win against them. In a rematch of yesterday, a lot of people would still have their money on the Broncos.

If you're looking at both teams' remaining schedules, and honestly can't see that it's far more likely that NE finishes with more losses than the Broncos, then I just don't know what to tell you (except that you're wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighInNY View Post
    Even the best teams can have a bad game. I still believe that the Broncos were easily the "best" team in the NFL last season, but they had bad games against NE and in the Superbowl. It happens. Yesterday, the Broncos played a bad game in all phases. Offense, defense, and special teams all looked outclassed. But that doesn't mean that the Broncos are incapable of beating the Patriots--look at last year when the Patriots won in the regular season but the Broncos earned a convincing victory against NE when it counted more in the AFC Championship Game. Another example: I think we'd all agree that the Patriots are a far better football team than the Chiefs. But just a few weeks ago, the Chiefs handed those same Patriots a humiliating 41-14 loss. NE played a bad game that day, but over a 7-game series I'd bet anything that the Pats would come out on top.

Anything can happen in one game--that's one of the things that makes the NFL so exciting. But past results certainly do not guarantee future outcomes, and if (when?) our Broncos meet up with New England again, likely in the playoffs, I'm confident that we'll see a much different game than we witnessed yesterday. Denver did not play up to their usual level, so to say this loss means they're no longer a "dominant" football team is not accurate. If Denver had played their best game and still lost, then maybe you would have a point. NE is "more dominant" than KC, but the Chiefs still pulled out a win against them. In a rematch of yesterday, a lot of people would still have their money on the Broncos.

If you're looking at both teams' remaining schedules, and honestly can't see that it's far more likely that NE finishes with more losses than the Broncos, then I just don't know what to tell you (except that you're wrong).
    Versus Denver in the playoffs - No Gronk (torn ACL and Ward tried to hit his knee again on Sunday btw).

Versus KC - Injured offensive line and Gronk was just getting his legs back.

IF NE is healthy come playoff time and by then Chandler Jones should be back as well it will be a WAR! Good Luck to both teams.

Wow..some of the things I'm reading here sound like Pats fans after they got their hats handed to them in KC...Brady was washed up..Bring on the backup Garoppolo...the world is coming to an end, the sky is falling....is what they were saying here in NE
    Keep something in mind that we here in New England have learned since the Parcells era. Coach Parcells said "Always remember that the regular season is nothing but seeding for "The Tournament"...the better you do in the regular season the better seed you get. It's a simple as that and the Tournament is where it all count...!!" it's only one loss...it's not the end of the world
    Yesterday was a messed up day weather wise. It was blizzard like, snowstorm conditions in the morning and the sun came out right before kickoff but the wind was whipping. You could tell in warmups by the way the ball was moving, that it was gonna be a tough day all the way around. That kick you kicker banged off the upright must have moved 15 feet to the right.
    Nevertheless, The Broncos are one of the Elites of the league. As we saw last year, once the regular season's over it's a brand new season. We shot ourselves in the foot after beating you guys here and we lost to Miami giving you home field advantage and the rest is history. Ya we won today, but we still have to maintain it. Football gods willing, we'll meet up in the playoffs...preferably in Foxboro from my perspective
    As far as the game......it was playoff intensity, crowd was into it..was definitely a hostile environment. We tailgated with Bronco's fans who came out to the game and we all had a great time, they represented respectfully and well.....
    Don't worry guys..if Peyton is what we all know he is, I'll be surprised if The Broncos lose more than a game 'tip the playoffs......

Good luck and Health to both teams.......
    Last edited by Patriots Nation; 11-03-2014 at 10:29 AM.
    It's all about the team.....

Quote Originally Posted by fore2213 View Post
    ADAM, the ref they had on call for TV said that block in the back was a good NON call because he came in from the side!!!!
    Yeah that ref I wouldn't always agree with though... He has proven not to know the rules lol. Becuase he said a fumble should stand because the elbow wasn't down. Rules state that any part not the hands or feet that touch the ground is considered down. So therefore a forearm would count as down he completely missed that.

Now the block in the back is a meh call. I've seen it called I've seen it not called. Depends on how the ref is feeling that day. The refs were all over the place but they weren't the reason we lost. The Pats just came to play and out played and out coached us.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Patriots Nation View Post
    Wow..some of the things I'm reading here sound like Pats fans after they got their hats handed to them in KC...Brady was washed up..Bring on the backup Garoppolo...the world is coming to an end, the sky is falling....is what they were saying here in NE
    Keep something in mind that we here in New England have learned since the Parcells era. Coach Parcells said "Always remember that the regular season is nothing but seeding for "The Tournament"...the better you do in the regular season the better seed you get. It's a simple as that and the Tournament is where it all count...!!" it's only one loss...it's not the end of the world

Yesterday was a messed up day weather wise. It was blizzard like, snowstorm conditions in the morning and the sun came out right before kickoff but the wind was whipping. You could tell in warmups by the way the ball was moving, that it was gonna be a tough day all the way around. That kick you kicker banged off the upright must have moved 15 feet to the right.
    Nevertheless, The Broncos are one of the Elites of the league. As we saw last year, once the regular season's over it's a brand new season. We shot ourselves in the foot after beating you guys here and we lost to Miami giving you home field advantage and the rest is history. Ya we won today, but we still have to maintain it. Football gods willing, we'll meet up in the playoffs...preferably in Foxboro from my perspective
    As far as the game......it was playoff intensity, crowd was into it..was definitely a hostile environment. We tailgated with Bronco's fans who came out to the game and we all had a great time, they represented respectfully and well.....
    Don't worry guys..if Peyton is what we all know he is, I'll be surprised if The Broncos lose more than a game 'tip the playoffs......

Good luck and Health to both teams.......

we are elite at home.... on the road, ust a good team... i expected and arizona over dallas, come into a hostile road stadium and show who is best... instead, demons that couldn't be conquered and an ars whippin after 10 days of prep and healing... 400 yards passing meant nothing, they were up 3 scores in a prevent D...