Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

We are a spoiled group

Our team has played well this year and won games against tough teams, yet we loose one and it becomes a time on these boards when people call for Manning to leave, Fox to be fired and Elway to get more talent in here. We did not play well today and we did not get any bounces our way either, but every team stubs its toes now and then. Look where NE was a few weeks ago-one game does not a season make. Games like this cause coaches to look closer at every part of the game and everybody recommits and gets on board. Yes, special teams needs work and this game may cause coaches (and Elway) to do what is needed to make us even better. Going to Oakland next weekend and start the winning again. I am thankful to be a bronco fan.

Well said. We have become a finesse group and when things don't go our way and we get punched in the mouth...... We get very whiny....
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Look, anyone calling for PFM to be gone shouldn't be given any creedence whatsoever. Peyton is a master and one of, if not the best QB ever, period.

But look man, we as a fanbase have been STARVING for a Super Bowl Championship since the late 1990's. Think about that.

We've come close a few times, but the last few years we have had so much talent that I don't know if the NFL has ever seen this much talent on one squad and yet we STILL come up short and fold against legitimate talent.

It's extremely frustrating. It's not that we lost today, it's how unprepared we looked, HOW we lost and how we didn't even compete after 10 days off in a game that may ultimately decide which road in the AFC the Super Bowl goes through.

John Elway has to be pounding his head against a well asking what more he has to do considering how stacked this team is yet can't seem to put it together against quality opponents. In fact, we seem to fall apart completely in these games.

We are not a team that's ready to win, and the only reason I can come up with is that the coaching doesn't have this team prepared nor has it instilled a killer mentality or championship mindset in this team.

We cannot get out of our own way, and it's extremely frustrating watching us consistently drop games when they matter....especially considering we are basically the NBA's Dream Team on turf!
    Last edited by Elway'sLegacy; 11-02-2014 at 06:59 PM.

This was the biggest game the Broncos have played since the Superbowl. Against arguably the best team in the AFC who the Broncos are likely to face in the Playoffs. It begs several questions:

Is Peyton Manning truly a choker in big games, or is it just coincidence that he played almost as poorly in this "big" game as he did in the Superbowl? Can Manning "carry" the Broncos when they are having an off day?

Is this a "1964 Dodge Dart 4-cylinder" Coaching Staff that truly isn't qualified to operate a "Ferrari-talent" team? We faced the same question in Dan Reeves last couple of seasons as Broncos HC.

Will the coaching staff stay with a struggling Andre Caldwell, or bring up 2nd Round Pick, Cody Latimer?

Did the Broncos show who they really are today, or were they thinking, as so many teams that get lazy do, that it's just another Regular season game that, with the Broncos record, you just don't HAVE to win.

It should be interesting to see if this team can change, or if this is as good as it gets. Sadly, "change" can be very difficult when those running the team are very conservative.

How Easily People Give Up

It's not the team that doesn't have heart - every NFL player starting on a team has "heart." The Broncos FANS have no heart.

The moment something doesn't go absolutely perfect, you bomb your team. You give up on them. You treat a week 9 loss in a difficult environment as absolutely unacceptable because of the talent. Well, execution trumps talent, and New England just played better today.

Did we forget that the AFC Championship is a bigger game than a week 9 regular season contest, and that Denver won that game pretty handily? Or when the game in Seattle was seemingly out of reach, how Manning and the offense made an impossible drive happen to push it to overtime? Or when down 24 points to San Diego, how they roared back and started a streak of success the franchise hasn't seen since Elway?

So the idea that they fold in big games is pretty much a way to help you sleep at night.

Get over it. They lost. Guess what? New England will lose more games than Denver this year. Should their fans ask for Belichick to be fired? They showed NO heart in Kansas City, after all.

lol...sorry, I had to.

*Ahem*

COMMENTS THAT MAKE NO SENSE:

"...if Elway has the guts to fire Fox..."
    Why not define "guts" and what that has to do with making good football decisions. You realize most decisions in sports are based on numbers, right? Draft Day was an entertaining movie and all, but that's not how winners are made. Besides, it took a lot of freaking guts to bring in an unknown Manning, and this team would have been sitting home in January the last three years without him. Do you really think all this talent would have wanted to play in Denver if he weren't there?

Speaking of talent...

"This is the most talented team in the NFL..."
    Debatable.
    "...and this is the best chance they have. It's the Super Bowl or bust!"
    Possibly, but just three days ago people were talking about how this team has that "look" like it's "their year." One loss in week 9 in a tough road game (against a team that hasn't lost there to an AFC opponent in how long?) undoes all of that? Don't act like you weren't among them chanting the same thing.

"Manning in big games (insert something doltish)..."
    Define "big games". If you say playoffs, that's an entirely different animal, and every QB's stats and rating goes way down.

If you say something about prime time: this wasn't a prime time game. Furthermore, Peyton Manning has an absurdly great prime time record.

It seems that Manning critics only cite a game as big when he's on the losing end. That's simply unfair, untrue, and unintelligent.

"Denver still can't play physical with the big boys..."
    So you didn't watch the game, I'm assuming. Denver wasn't getting beaten up out there. Brady was getting hit constantly, and Denver's WR's were actually winning a lot of hand-fights. Both QB's threw for a billion yards in the end.

Do you honestly believe that today was a representation of everything Denver has accomplished thus far, and will going forward? Or is it just a week 9 loss on the road? If you say the former, you're wrong. No opinions about it, you're just overly emotional about a loss and don't know how to cope with something you have no control over - like a football team losing. It happens.

Good thing it happened now. This gives the team something to build on going forward. Can't get better if there's nothing to learn from. We saw that the center of the offensive line is vulnerable to an inside rush at times, and crisp, short routes can beat the pass coverage. It isn't a lack of talent thing, or guys missing assignments. It's schemes that teams are utilizing against Denver, and so far, only one team has really pulled it off for 60 minutes.

DON'T GIVE UP ON YOUR TEAM!!! This is still the best team in football, lead by the best QB in the game. Hopefully Irving will knit out, and the team can otherwise stay healthy.

Like op said we didn't get the calls in this game, unlike where we got them in the SD game. That game could have been totally different with the fumble on kickoff called back, the interception called back because of iffy holding call. Some times you get the calls sometimes not, always even out in the nfl...

I think this is a good lose. Let's both sides of the ball know they have a long ways to go. We weren't going 19-0 so what's the difference in 14-2/13-3 ... Nothing as long as we have home field and we still have a good shot at that

Sorry dude, couldn't disagree with you more.

This team hasn't won a championship since 1998.

They've been fool's gold in 2005 and now 3 years counting.

We fold against quality teams. Despite having what is arguably the most stacked team in NFL History, we can't win the one big game we have had this year against a quality opponent for most likely the #1 seed in the AFC.

It's the same old song and dance. Call us heartless fans all you want, but the fact of the matter is there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for this team to play this poorly today with so much on the line and with this level of talent.

Period.

The issue is we lose the "scary" physical games. We look scared against Seattle and NE (w/gronk). Nothing has changed. Both teams know they own us. And they play like that. We don't act like we own them at all. When do we punch them in the mouth first and not let them get back up?
    I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
    I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
    I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
    "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
    God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
    Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Quote Originally Posted by Doogansquest View Post
    Denver wasn't getting beaten up out there. Brady was getting hit constantly, and Denver's WR's were actually winning a lot of hand-fights. Both QB's threw for a billion yards in the end.
    What do you call it then? Cuz we weren't winning out there
    I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
    I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
    I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
    "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
    God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
    Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Well said. We have become a finesse group and when things don't go our way and we get punched in the mouth...... We get very whiny....
    We have become a finesse group, similar to our finesse Broncos. It was only one loss and I'm not too upset a L, but the most frustrating thing is the way we lost. Our well oiled machine faced a defense that went bump and run most of the game and made us look insignificant...very similar to every other team that beat us in the last 2 years. Our 2 so called defensive gurus, with a loaded defense were completely outmatched....very similar to the games we lost in the past 2 years. The only thing that frustrates me is we don't/ can't adjust. Can anyone argue that? Again, not saying the sky is falling, but it was another case of outmatched coaching and physical DBs causing problems

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmlb View Post
    What do you call it then? Cuz we weren't winning out there
    Denver made more mistakes and didn't execute as well. It had nothing to do with physicality, finesse, or the other imagined scale tippers people fabricate to feel better about a loss. Players on both sides were getting hit. Brady certainly got hit more than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Elway'sLegacy View Post
    Sorry dude, couldn't disagree with you more.

This team hasn't won a championship since 1998.

They've been fool's gold in 2005 and now 3 years counting.

We fold against quality teams. Despite having what is arguably the most stacked team in NFL History, we can't win the one big game we have had this year against a quality opponent for most likely the #1 seed in the AFC.

It's the same old song and dance. Call us heartless fans all you want, but the fact of the matter is there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for this team to play this poorly today with so much on the line and with this level of talent.

Period.
    1. What was on the line today? Home field? That's still 8 games away from being determined.

2. Fold against quality teams? How did Denver do against Arizona this year? How about Kansas City? How about Indianapolis? They certainly didn't fold in Seattle and just about pulled it off. Cruised past division rival (and then hot) San Diego.

You are just wrong. By disagreeing and citing that as an argument, you're only further cementing being wrong. No opinions about that.

I will call fans heartless who absolutely can't accept losing in professional sports, which you have no steak in or control over. 49ers lost at home to the Rams today. Unacceptable? Patriots got creamed a few weeks ago in KC. Unacceptable? If so, why are those teams still playing this season?

An excuse "excuses" somebody or something from a failure. Meaning there are reasons why things happen. Denver got beat in New England today...like every AFC team for the last however many games. Denver got outplayed today, thoroughly, and for the only time this season. Talent means nothing if you don't execute.

And LMAO at the notion it's the most stacked team in NFL history. Are you 14? Teams in the 70's, 80's, and 90's were without salary cap and free to utilize practically any PED's they wanted. That's where those dynasties came from. Patriots have been "fool's gold" since 2004 and needed a lot of cameras to even get over before that.

If this is unacceptable and you're so disgusted, then pack it in and sit out this season. We'll take care of it for you.

Period.
    Last edited by Doogansquest; 11-02-2014 at 07:31 PM.

I reserve my right to be a pessimist.

I wouldn't call the fans heartless, however think the loss is being over exaggerated. Didn't play well at all but these things happen, it's how you respond to these loses that matter.

The theme of the Manning led Broncos has been lack of quality wins on the road against playoff teams.

2012 - you give a pass vs the Falcons and Patriots??? Ok, fine but I thought 2012 was a better showing on the road with quality road wins vs Chargers and Bemgals and a depleted Ravens. I still felt it was their best chance to win SB the last 2 years.

2013 - Patriots and Colts were losses

2014 - so far, road losses to Seahawks and Patriots and the Broncos road swagger will be tested later at SD, Cin and KC. I see another road loss in the cards there. Peyton and the offense are built to play at home where he can great conditions to run his offense.

Broncos' offensive and defensive performances on the road have to change and a bottom 5 run D outperformed your OL on run D, how does that happen unless the team's intensity was lacking?

I saw better focus and lesser mistakes from a Dungy led Colts team with Peyton than I've seen with Fox. It may not say much but I think the lack of mistakes help win more games on the road.
    Last edited by chad72; 11-02-2014 at 07:33 PM.