Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Relax guys. You will be the #1 seed still. Have faith that your team (the best in the league imo) will win more games than N.E. in the final 8 game stretch.

Patriots will not win in Denver, but obviously if its in Foxborough you will lose.

Just be glad you're not me right now, a Charger fan.
    Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

Quote Originally Posted by powderblues View Post
    Relax guys. You will be the #1 seed still. Have faith that your team (the best in the league imo) will win more games than N.E. in the final 8 game stretch.

Patriots will not win in Denver, but obviously if its in Foxborough you will lose.

Just be glad you're not me right now, a Charger fan.
    We're not as down as we seem. Many including myself are just disappointed. I would've said if we dont fight pressing DBs and contain Gronk, we lose. Both happened often.

Its just frustrating when dont protect our known weakness. I could be wrong, but I didn't see many bunch or stacked WR sets, which usually gets your WR a clean release to destroy press coverage.
    Last edited by champ&dreallday; 11-02-2014 at 08:23 PM.

You all need to relax. New England got waxed at KC. Arizona got waxed at Denver. Etc. etc. etc. It's really hard to win on the road in the NFL.

Take a deep breath, folks. We have a really good football team, but we're not always going to be great. For those who say the team didn't even compete today............wrong. Denver actually racked up more yards than New England. Just didn't perform well on 3rd down or in the Red Zone. Little things matter a lot. It was just one of those days, but the team definitely competed.

Quote Originally Posted by Elway'sLegacy View Post
    Sorry dude, couldn't disagree with you more.

This team hasn't won a championship since 1998.

They've been fool's gold in 2005 and now 3 years counting.

We fold against quality teams. Despite having what is arguably the most stacked team in NFL History, we can't win the one big game we have had this year against a quality opponent for most likely the #1 seed in the AFC.

It's the same old song and dance. Call us heartless fans all you want, but the fact of the matter is there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for this team to play this poorly today with so much on the line and with this level of talent.

Period.
    Truth, I agree 100%
    KENTUCKY WILDCATS/DENVER BRONCOS

I do believe we will still have the #1 seed when all is said and done, and I believe that coming through Denver spells curtains for the visiting team.

However it's likely to be New England and I am not interested in folding over like we did today.

Quote Originally Posted by UnitedInOrange View Post
    JDR is STUBBORN. It's clear he wants a 4-man front that pressures like Seattle's, but guess what, we don't have the personnel. The interior pressure is not there, and Ware is above average (vs. great). Yet he kept using that front in the 2nd. Wasn't until the second half that he added a few wrinkles and blitzes.

Game was already over, defensive mastermind. Outcoached by Josh McDaniels.
    Agree with this too, Del Rio and his schemes are for the birds
    KENTUCKY WILDCATS/DENVER BRONCOS

This is what the era of ESPN and 24 hour news cycles has become, every win is the biggest win that ever happened and every loss is the worst thing any team has ever endured.

At the end of the day the Broncos played very poorly today in all 3 facets and took a loss they definitely deserved. BUT at the end of the first half of the season they're 6-2, going into the season a lot of people were saying that they might be lucky to be 4-4 or 3-5 after the first 8. I think everyone can agree that the second half of the schedule looks a lot friendlier than the first half, Denver is still very likely to go 12-4 or 13-3.

There's a saying I'm fond of, when things are good they're never as good as they seem and when things are bad they're never as bad as they seem. Yes Denver has some areas of definite concern that they need to fix (I expect several kickers in trying out on Tuesday) and losing to NE hurts in that it gives them the head to head tiebreaker for home field advantage, but Denver has some easier games coming up and New England has a real tough portion of their schedule in the next 5 weeks, it's not unreasonable to think that Denver could have a 2 game advantage on them by the beginning of December.

The disappointment makes sense to me but the level of anger, bitterness and resentment is astounding to me. They got their heads handed to them today....so what. It is one game on the road to the super bowl. To use this one game as evidence that they should start over and ship out almost everyone is stupid beyond words. Every good team in the NFL has had a game like this in the first half of the season. The team was likely embarrassed by their performance today and it will surprise me if they lose another game this season.

It has been suggested that some fans are heartless.....I think that is very true. What a bunch of quitters. I am ever so grateful that the team is made up of stronger stuff than some of the fans are.
    Il a été soit couché ou alors qu'il est étendu maintenant.

I just don't know... There are a lot of fans that just see what I see, the future. We KNOW we will be in the playoffs. If we play this soft, we will go home quickly.
    I just don't see Manning wanting to run the football... All SB winning teams have top 10 Defenses and the ability to run the football.
    Unless we get home field for the playoffs and play someone soft in the SB, wash, rinse, repeat 2012 & 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by trc1962 View Post
    Our team has played well this year and won games against tough teams, yet we loose one and it becomes a time on these boards when people call for Manning to leave, Fox to be fired and Elway to get more talent in here. We did not play well today and we did not get any bounces our way either, but every team stubs its toes now and then. Look where NE was a few weeks ago-one game does not a season make. Games like this cause coaches to look closer at every part of the game and everybody recommits and gets on board. Yes, special teams needs work and this game may cause coaches (and Elway) to do what is needed to make us even better. Going to Oakland next weekend and start the winning again. I am thankful to be a bronco fan.
    Sorry buddy, but some of us was very vocal about how disappointed we are/were with this team when we were winning, but some thought that we should stop complaining and appreciate the win. This lost didn't do nothing but confirm some of the concerns we had, and yes we're voicing our displeasure and concerns.

EDIT: It shouldn't take this lost for the coaches to take a closer look at every part of the game. The triple homicide that took place at the Super Bowl should have been enough.
    Last edited by JayJack; 11-02-2014 at 08:45 PM.

Same ole finesse broncos, giving up big 3rd downs, big plays, no killer instinct.....

Quote Originally Posted by trc1962 View Post
    Our team has played well this year and won games against tough teams, yet we loose one and it becomes a time on these boards when people call for Manning to leave, Fox to be fired and Elway to get more talent in here. We did not play well today and we did not get any bounces our way either, but every team stubs its toes now and then. Look where NE was a few weeks ago-one game does not a season make. Games like this cause coaches to look closer at every part of the game and everybody recommits and gets on board. Yes, special teams needs work and this game may cause coaches (and Elway) to do what is needed to make us even better. Going to Oakland next weekend and start the winning again. I am thankful to be a bronco fan.
    It's not that we lose one....it is that we cannot win the meaningful ones. The Broncos cannot win the defining games.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

I'm fine with fans being disappointed. I'm even fine with some criticism being levied against John Fox, whom I normally defend, because I don't think he did a very good job preparing for the Patriots.

What bothers me is this insistence by a vocal group of fans who feel somehow we're worse off with Manning on our team than without him. It takes all restraint not to go off on (what I believe to be) ignorant fans who clearly don't know a thing about football if they truly believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I'm fine with fans being disappointed. I'm even fine with some criticism being levied against John Fox, whom I normally defend, because I don't think he did a very good job preparing for the Patriots.

What bothers me is this insistence by a vocal group of fans who feel somehow we're worse off with Manning on our team than without him. It takes all restraint not to go off on (what I believe to be) ignorant fans who clearly don't know a thing about football if they truly believe that.
    People will be calling for Osweiler to start before we know it. Those people are what I like to call wrong.

I've been calling for Fox to get fired after we win.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones