Any Elk Hunters here?

Considering that a good percentage of you live in CO, I figured that I'd find a thread or two about elk hunting here in this forum but I didn't... so I stated this one.

Here's a couple of pics of the 6x6 massive-racked bull that we shot this year here in WA on public land (unguided). The bull was harvested on Monday, October 27 at 11:00 AM at an elevation of ~4800 feet.

That's the permit holder in the pics... not me.

The bull scored an unofficial gross/wet B&C score of 425 1/8, which is better than the WA State record of 420 4/8, however which is a dry/net score. We have to wait 60 days before the rack can be officially scored by a certified B&C measurer.

The current WA State record bull is the B&C #7 ranked typical bull of all time. Even if the net score falls short of the WA State record, it's still one helluva world-class trophy elk.

Enjoy.

"Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

very nice. There are so many nice ones here and in Wa ( I am right above ya) Not that I ever get one. THey tease me and sleep in my yard all winter too.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Nice bull, I don't see 400 on him though. If I were to say from the picks I would've guess 375 at best. Although he does have some nice mass on him though. If you could I would like to hear the dry score when you hear.

I'm not from CO but I've hunted elk in AZ and on the Navajo Res. although I didn't draw this year. Well see this year I'm planning on putting in this spring for archery on the rez and rifle in AZ.

Good job getting the bull and good luck next year. Cant wait to see the follow up for it next year.

I've drawn a few times in Northern New Mexico but never got one they seem to know where National Park land is haha.

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

I haven't been for a few years, typically I bow hunt though its a safer season.
    I really like Cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    very nice. There are so many nice ones here and in Wa ( I am right above ya) Not that I ever get one. THey tease me and sleep in my yard all winter too.
    that's what they do to the best of us.

Quote Originally Posted by elecshoc View Post
    Nice bull, I don't see 400 on him though. If I were to say from the picks I would've guess 375 at best. Although he does have some nice mass on him though. If you could I would like to hear the dry score when you hear.
    Just got the raw preliminary numbers from my buddy who measured him.

How the hell he came up with 425 baffles me.

Using the numbers he gave me, the bull scored 332 3/8 gross, 328 even net.

I'll still have the rack measured officially but it won't score anywhere near 425, 400, 375 or even 350.

I'm fairly convinced now that it's a 330-class bull.

I'll still have it euro-mounted though.
    "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!