Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by japfaff View Post
    You cant forget

TB> PM

Hate to say it, but there is no doubt who the better the QB is. ANd the cherry on top is that he is also better in big games than PM is.
    Well, I'm talking about the constant, "Brady has nobody around him to throw to," "poor Brady just has to do so much more with less,"

So obviously I have to leave out the QBs, as this was about weapons around him. I get tired of hearing it when Brady loses but when he wins we hear, look at these weapons. Can't have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeNbake View Post
    It happens every year. Every team has talent. Any team can beat any team any given week.

It's football where humans play. The human element means nothing is a given.
    This right here

Football is the ultimate team game...anything can happen and a team is only as strong as its weakest link

IMO the fact that football is so unpredictable is one of the major draws for us fans. It is the one sport where realistically everyone starts the season with a true feeling that this may be their year.
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

I always stop watching our games when we lose our first one. It's just not worth it unless we go 19-0, imo.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR THAT THE PATS HAVE NO TALENT OR THAT BRADY HAS NO WEAPONS.

It is a bunch of hogwash.

Revis > Talib
    Gronk > JT
    Edelman > Welker
    Gray, Blount > Ball, Hillman
    LaFell < Sanders
    DT is just alone
    NE Special Teams > Broncos ST
    NE Coaching > Denver Coaching

If they lose a game I don't want to hear that it's because Brady had no freaking talent around him.
    Im sorry but come on. Blount was literally just cut and not one team in the league claimed him off waivers. Gray has been in the league since 2012 but didnt play in a game until this season. His career stats are 69 carries/332 yards/ 4 TD's. I wouldnt be so quick to crown him. If you include Vereen id probly give the edge to the Pats but its close.

I do think that the whole "No Talent" thing is a media creation. Prior to the season most Pats fans thought it was the most talented team since 07, then after the KC game the media went hard with the No Talent stuff and it stuck. Im sure some fans drank the coolaid on those reports but most kept faith.

I have seen a couple of comments on this board about the Pats having the least talent of any AFC Contender and I, like you just dont see it. Outside of WR and DE i give the Pats the edge over the Broncos in every other position, ST included. On top of that the Gap between coaches is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Breakin2 View Post
    Im sorry but come on. Blount was literally just cut and not one team in the league claimed him off waivers. Gray has been in the league since 2012 but didnt play in a game until this season. His career stats are 69 carries/332 yards/ 4 TD's. I wouldnt be so quick to crown him. If you include Vereen id probly give the edge to the Pats but its close.

I do think that the whole "No Talent" thing is a media creation. Prior to the season most Pats fans thought it was the most talented team since 07, then after the KC game the media went hard with the No Talent stuff and it stuck. Im sure some fans drank the coolaid on those reports but most kept faith.

I have seen a couple of comments on this board about the Pats having the least talent of any AFC Contender and I, like you just dont see it. Outside of WR and DE i give the Pats the edge over the Broncos in every other position, ST included. On top of that the Gap between coaches is huge.
    Agree with the comments concerning the "talent gap" . New England is far from being deprived or behind the Broncos. Both are loaded and talented rosters. We could argue all day about any position on either team.

Bottom line is production. As it stands, the Pats are getting more from their players. Attribute it to coaching, leadership, team culture or any other variable you want. NE is just playing better today. That will be the overwhelming opinion until NE loses their next one and the Broncos win theirs. Every week is an adventure in the NFL.

I will have to disagree with your opinion of the RBs though. At least Gray and Blount are suiting up this weekend. Ball and Hillman have either been constantly injured or ineffective all season long. Hillmans' couple of decent games does not change that. And Anderson, Thompson and Bibbs do not compare favorably to Blount and Gray's impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Breakin2 View Post

OK, I agree with you about the RBs. Maybe it's because of their ability to run the ball rather than the backs themselves.

About the thread topic, I kind of agree with the salary cap argument, but that kind of goes without saying. The cap's been around since 94 or 95. It's only speculation, because I don't have any numbers to back it up, but I think a lot of the inconsistency has to do with the fantasy football league that the NFL has recently become. When you rely on the quarterback and passing game as much as the elite teams do nowadays, you're going to be more inconsistent. I personally think this helps to explain why a team can throw six touchdowns in one week, win by 40, and then lose to a sub .500 team the following week.

About New England, and the talent gap thing. If you want to look at it that way, then sure, but I think it's kind of obvious that Gronkowski is the best target in the NFL right now. You basically have to double him just to stop him from catching the ball, never mind getting open, because he's always open. Then you have to bring one or two more to get him down after the catch. I don't see Calvin Johnson, as good as he is, demanding that kind of attention right now. And I think it's time to just stop about Julian Edelman not being a good receiver. We could put him in the argument as the most underrated receiver in the league.

At the same time though, NE fans kind of have a point too, because their offense has sucked without Gronkowski. It's just a little over the top when they go on about how talent drained they are, and their dropping 40 a game on all of the division leaders. I mean, nobody's arguing that Brady is not a great quarterback, but can we be a little more realistic here? It's a double edged sword. Either Brady was just struggling in all of the games where Gronkowski wasn't 100%, or maybe Gronkowski is just really good.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 11-21-2014 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady6 View Post
    Patriots <------- The only reliable pick..
    The same patriots that got absolutely embarrassed by the team that just lost to a winless squad through 10 games. I'm with the op this year is the strangest I can remember.

when has any team been perfect? there will be losses...there will be downs for all those ups. They are just periods to refocus and get synchronized. Teams can be beat in certain ways
    50 Stars and 13 Bars

Yes, you can beat Denver by injuring their starting WR, TE, and RB.

Quote Originally Posted by N.U. View Post
    Yes, you can beat Denver by injuring their starting WR, TE, and RB.
    Or by having a half-competent coach and a gameplan.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Or by having a half-competent coach and a gameplan.
    Heh. No kidding.

A gameplan takes work, you know. Tough work. It takes time away from golfing or whatever else Fox likes to fantasize about while he's on the sidelines. And, hey, if Denver can put it on auto pilot and squeak by a bunch of teams with minimal coaching during the season, then it's "not too shabby."

CJ Anderson ≥ Gray, Blount
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Larryh View Post
    I have no idea what is happening this year at all. Teams with the worst records are playing like playoff contenders.....teams that look like an absolute lock on paper are getting beat. I can't remember a year where so many upsets occurred that were totally unexpected. I know some people predicted that Oakland would be tough tonight but how many really expected them to drive the length of the field in the final 10 minutes and get the winning touchdown.

Most people knew that the Rams would be competitive but how many predicted the Broncos would only get 7 points? It is a darn good thing I am not a betting man because I would be broke.
    I give up.

This year is bizarro world.

Just watching now, not trying to understand. lol.

It's even so close that one blown call could change the outcome of a game.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese