Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    It's even so close that one blown call could change the outcome of a game.
    That's exactly right. Last night when the Oakland kick returner muffed the punt, I thought for sure the game was over. Yet they held them for a FG and managed to hang on all night. Go figure
    Il a été soit couché ou alors qu'il est étendu maintenant.

This explains it (Parity) :

I have a bloody clue - Broncos win SB! I think.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR THAT THE PATS HAVE NO TALENT OR THAT BRADY HAS NO WEAPONS.

It is a bunch of hogwash.

Revis > Talib
    Gronk > JT
    Edelman > Welker
    Gray, Blount > Ball, Hillman
    LaFell < Sanders
    DT is just alone
    NE Special Teams > Broncos ST
    NE Coaching > Denver Coaching

If they lose a game I don't want to hear that it's because Brady had no freaking talent around him.

Excellent post ! Well said

Quote Originally Posted by SM19 View Post
    That's how football works. You can get a pretty good idea which teams are good and which teams aren't, but there's just not as much difference between the good teams and the bad ones as we imagine there is. Some games, pure dumb luck has more to do with which team wins than talent does.
    On a game to game basis, I agree. The old cliche of "on any given Sunday" is true.

But over a 16 game season the quality teams rise to top and to playoff position.

No shockers currently in the AFC IMO. NFC has a couple of unexpected teams in Dallas and Atlanta but that is more due to inconsistent play by SEA, SF and NO then anything else.

Every season has a surprise or two of complete mystery collapses of teams going from elites to horrible teams (recent years Houston or Atlanta, NO this year would be great examples) Or perhaps a bad team going to the playoffs the following year. (think KC last year)

Despite all the issues with the Broncos they belong in the upper echelon. Most likely will only lose a game or two more and a earn the first round bye.