Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    I like what I am reading about Barth. Accurate and steady. Just what the Broncos have been missing.

Main concerns are the recovery from the Achilles injury. Can Barth remain healthy? Anyone know if it was his plant or kicking foot.

Biggest concern is going to return yards. One thing McManus (and Prater before him) did well was limit returns because of their strong legs. Seems Barth does not have that strength.

I agree the Broncos special teams "should" be able to limit returns. But will they? The last couple of years the play on the field does not make me feel all warm and fuzzy about the return game. Broncos have allowed some occasional big returns from deep in the end zone. Going to be interesting to see how they defend the returns when it is caught at the goal line multiple returns a game. Have a feeling we are going to see more of those game changing momentum builders in coming weeks.

Have to wonder if the Broncos just traded one problem for another. Opponents getting good returns and favorable field position. Pressure just increased for the STs and ultimately the defense to make plays.

I heard that as he was leaving the Broncos' facility, McManus ran into the wall. He just couldn't make it through the door.

Well I'm certainly glad this move was made. That said, McM is young and I hope he comes back better than ever. I thank him for his effort and time with the Broncos. Thanks and Good Luck MM
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

--J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I heard that as he was leaving the Broncos' facility, McManus ran into the wall. He just couldn't make it through the door.
    Well someone thought it would be funny to hang a mini goalpost at the top of the door frame just the throw him off...He kept bouncing off the door frame wide right.

I am real interested to see how they handle 45+ yard field goals this week in KC. It's supposed to be in the 30's with a little wind. I hope Barth inspires confidence to let em rip from there.

"I'm not going to miss next year"

Quote Originally Posted by DFence View Post

"I'm not going to miss next year"
    Nice video. Shows he has been working his butt off to get back where he was and still has the passion to be a successful NFL kicker. If he is 100% healthy I'm hoping he will quickly prove himself again. He would probably be kicking in TB right now if they didn't have another capable (younger and healthy) kicker in preseason.
    The Magic Is Back! IN ELWAY WE TRUST!

Just found this video of him kicking on Oct 21, 2014! This is what he must have been circulating to NFL teams such as the Broncos.

Looks good! I think he's kicking a few 61 or 62 yarders here.

Last edited by ethanjano; 11-26-2014 at 10:31 AM.
    The Magic Is Back! IN ELWAY WE TRUST!

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    What have you been reading that keeps you from being excited? He's got a career % of 84% and he was the most accurate kicker in bucs history.
    Just read this thread (i.e. lack of touchbacks) plus that he doesn't have too much experience and wasn't signed by another team. But as I said, all this doesn't mean much probably.
    "Brady... drops back... sees receiver wide open... and throws it away"

Thanks for the video posts

I am glad we made this change. McManus would've been perfect for the Broncos if hitting the uprights resulted in 4 points instead of 3.

He is an expert at hitting the uprights.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
    Just read this thread (i.e. lack of touchbacks) plus that he doesn't have too much experience and wasn't signed by another team. But as I said, all this doesn't mean much probably.
    Don't let the people in here get you down. As has been pointed out they've moved the kick off line forward since he was last kicking prior to his injury. He'll get more touchbacks now.

Those videos show him kicking from the 35 yard line to the back end of the end zone, so I don't think kick offs will be any more of an issue than they are with any of the kickers on other teams. I'm no Doctor, but my only concern after watching those videos is with how his healed injury will hold up. IIRC, the injury was to his kicking foot, which I guess is better than his planting foot. If he's fine, he's a nice signing. Why not give him a chance..He sure couldn't do much worse :p

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrushem View Post
    Those videos show him kicking from the 35 yard line to the back end of the end zone, so I don't think kick offs will be any more of an issue than they are with any of the kickers on other teams. I'm no Doctor, but my only concern after watching those videos is with how his healed injury will hold up. IIRC, the injury was to his kicking foot, which I guess is better than his planting foot. If he's fine, he's a nice signing. Why not give him a chance..He sure couldn't do much worse :p
    Unless all his kicks hit the left upright...

Barth's stats occurred when kickoffs were kicked from the 30 yard line and Tampa is at low altitude. The NFL has since moved kickoffs to the 35 yard line. Barth has yet to kickoff from the 35. I am assuming he will now have more touchbacks!
    If you love NFL stats and history
    pro-football-reference.com
    jt-sw.com/football